Florida time vs. Grand Cayman time for excursion?

We are on Vision of the Seas at the end of June to Key West and Grand Cayman. I am arranging an excursion through a third-party vendor (Stingray Sailing) and am uncertain of the time zone changes (if any).

The RC itinerary says we tender into Grand Cayman starting at 8:00 am. The excursion company says they want us to meet at the dock at 8:15 am. But they also say that, quote, "The Cayman Islands are an hour behind Florida time and the same as Texas/New Orleans time from March 09 until November 02, 2014." They say to check with the cruise line about time changes.

Is the RC itinerary always on Florida time? So does this then mean that we arrive in Grand Cayman at 7:00 am local time? This should give us over an hour to tender to shore (phew) rather than only 15 min (probably not happening.)

Thanks!

Oh lord! I just did this last year and I can't remember. I remember the ship kept making announcements about adjusting for the time difference. I just remember that I was stressing about our excursion for the same reason, but when we got off the ship, the place wasn't even open yet and we ended up waiting a while until they came and unlocked the door.

In fact, we had so much time, we strolled around downtown and found a coffee shop to grab a cup while waiting. This makes me think you have the time cushion you are hoping for.

RCI ships do not uniformly remain on Eastern time for the various cruises in the Caribbean. If by chance you had Capt. Ban, he would more than likely change ship's time to match local time, however I think he is nearing the end of his rotation at the end of May- beginning of June. The end of June I would think Capt. Lauritzen will be master and I have no idea how she handles the time changes.

If the ship matches local time, you might be in a bind for an 8:15AM shore side meet. Often times the first few tenders are allotted to those who have shore excursions through Royal.

Best of luck!