Eastern Caribbean cruise...best snorkeling?

Angela7500

My husband and I are going on a cruise next February for my 40th birthday! We love snorkeling and would like to do two snorkeling trips during our 10 day cruise. The ports are St Kitts, Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, St Thomas, and Grand Turk. We are planning to go snorkeling in St Thomas as we have been there before and know that the snorkeling is good. Out of the other ports, which would you say has the best snorkeling and whereabouts on the island?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Forums mobile app

My husband and I are going on a cruise next February for my 40th birthday! We love snorkeling and would like to do two snorkeling trips during our 10 day cruise. The ports are St Kitts, Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, St Thomas, and Grand Turk. We are planning to go snorkeling in St Thomas as we have been there before and know that the snorkeling is good. Out of the other ports, which would you say has the best snorkeling and whereabouts on the island?

I always vote for Coki. There are other places to snorkel, but it is just amazing at Coki. There are so many fish and it is very easy and close to the shore to start snorkeling. You can go out a bit and around the corner of the rocks for less people. ( that will make sense when you see it) And of course there are chairs to rent etc. I can't wait to go back! 225 days!

Here is a quick video of my snorkeling there.

Thanks! Yes, we are excited for snorkeling in St. Thomas! Considering Coki, or possibly a trip out to St John.

We're actually trying to sort out our 2nd snorkel trip of the cruise and wondering which of the other ports has the best snorkeling. Out of St Kitts, Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, and Grand Turk. Any thoughts? I'm planning on posting this in other threads as well....as soon as I figure out how!

Thanks! Yes, we are excited for snorkeling in St. Thomas! Considering Coki, or possibly a trip out to St John.

We're actually trying to sort out our 2nd snorkel trip of the cruise and wondering which of the other ports has the best snorkeling. Out of St Kitts, Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, and Grand Turk. Any thoughts? I'm planning on posting this in other threads as well....as soon as I figure out how!

If you want to see turtles. We had a great tour in Barbados with Shasa!

We also snorkeled in St. Lucia on a full day tour with Cosol tours. It was a great tour & we snorkeled at Jalousie beach, it was really good, lots of fish!:)

Carlisle Bay in Barbados, lots of options there as to what to do and where to go. I hear good things about the Boatyard. We were just there for snorkeling with the turtles. Easy to catch a boat ride out there from the beach.

In St. Thomas going to St. John to snorkel trumps all others on your itinerary. :)

LuLu

• 3 weeks later...

For snorkeling on St. Thomas (and some on St. John) I did a blog here:

http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/2013/11/2013-st-thomas-9-day-vacation-to-island.html

You can click on Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, ... on the upper side and see where we snorkeled on those islands. Loved the snorkeling on all of them. Although bad surf kept us from having too many options on Grand Turk.

Where is the best place to snorkel in St. John? Plan to go their by ourselves via ferry in July.

We only snorkeled at Trunk Bay and Hawksnest and found both places to be fantastic. The big advantage Trunk Bay has is the facilities with include restrooms, showers, a snack bar, gift shop, and I think they even had lockers.