Are we a good fit for a 10 day cruise?

We have done several 10-14 day cruises, we travel with a group of older folks mostly, Honestly... they put me to shame.

I'm a stay at home mom, I wanna read and relax, spend time with my hubby and get spoiled by the staff on a ship more then anything else.

If it is your belated honeymoon, I would venture to bet you guys have lots to do to keep you busy later in the nights...

Go to all the shows, even if you aren't sure you'll like them.

Walk the shops and look at everything.

Take a couple different series of books, so once your are into them, you can keep going.

We brought a portable DVD player when we did our Azamara cruise (service was amazing on that ship but we were honestly 20 years younger then ANYONE else on that ship. Everyone called us "the kids" we are 37-39), we watched a season of Homeland on a 12 day Mexican cruise. Bring a book learning how to do couples massages, get a fun "couples" board game you can play in your room... there are a TON of things to do to enjoy the evenings without having to be out dancing or partying.

I should add that I don't drink but we go to Vegas once a year too, I find the cruises are for relaxing and re energizing myself and my marriage... Vegas is all about people watching, staying up till 4 am, going to see shows, and hanging out in clubs etc..

You'll love the longer cruise, and honestly... it will ruin you from taking shorter ones from that point on...

Safe Travels.

Chass

My husband and I are considering the 10 day Southern Caribbean sailing on Legend of the Seas in Jan. 2015 as our belated honeymoon. I have cruised several times before on a number of different lines and he has cruised only Carnival x3. This would be the first RCL cruise for both of us. We are 26 and 30 and are aware that the average age on the longer sailings is much older than ourselves.

We are worried that we will be bored in the evenings. We aren't party people, but we do enjoy things like the comedy shows on carnival and live music.

I know the Legend is an older/smaller ship and am also a little worried that because of the lack of extra venues it may not be the RCL experience that we have heard about.

We love the idea of the longer cruise as 7 days just never feels long enough and the ports are great, but we also don't want to be bored or disappointed in the smaller ship.

If anyone has the daily itineraries from a Legend cruise or menus we would love to take a look at some of the activities offered. I haven't had much luck finding anything recent.

Thank you

Hi - I hope you guys come on the Legend in Jan 2015 (we are booked on the 1-16-15 sailing) - we are in our mid-40's but did not hesitate to book this cruise - the prices and OBC was great and the itinerary (and port times) is awesome. I loved Tortola but on the Carnival Freedom we had to be on ship at 2pm or so..so did not get a chance to see the Baths...this time we are going (doing it ourselves vs ship excursion)!

LMaxwell has given some great information about his trip on the Legend in other threads...here is a good long one with pictures and menus/daily Compass/activities. We love comedy and live music as well...worried about it being older style music, but I can live with it. Newer RCL ships will be in my future I hope, but I like smaller ships and the 2 sea days coming and going on this sailing. Look forward to Dominica - a first for us!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968693&highlight=legend

Whatever you decide - have a great honeymoon cruise! (we try to treat every cruise like a honeymoon cruise...we are addicted).

John in NC

I agree with LMaxwell. We did a fabulous 11 day cruise on the Legend this February. Loved the cruise, loved the other passengers, the ship...just ok, most of the staff excellent, music good. Shows were very mediocre but typical to what we have had previously on RCI. However, the passenger mix was much older and everything starts winding down early. They unexpectedly moved our dining time to 5:30 and the reason given was that it was based on the older demographic and many elderly passenger requests.

If it was me, I would consider sailing out of San Juan - 5 ports on a 7 night cruise and one of the itineraries has Tortola, Dominica and Barbados with St Kitts and St Maarten. The San Juan 2015 cruises are priced very reasonably right now and depending on where you are flying from the air fare isn't that much more than to FL. If you can swing it then a two week, B2B, will allow you to see 10 ports for not much more than the 10 day cruise will cost. Also, because they are 7 day cruises the age demographic is younger.

We prefer ports over sea days, though so that should factor into your consideration. BTW the Baths are an incredible experience and we had a blast there.

Congratulations and enjoy which ever cruise you decide.

My wife and I are in our 30s, and I can't even tell you how much we're looking forward to our 10 nights on Legend late next February. Especially after our short, hectic "side to side" cruises last month, we're looking forward to a ship that's less crowded than Liberty, but a different demographic than what we had on a 3-night cruise on Enchantment. I still love the Vision-class ships, and we kept thinking on Enchantment we just wanted to have more time to enjoy the ship itself than was allowed in a busy 3-night Bahamas cruise.

For us, Legend will be all about the quiet, relaxing times on the ship at sea and a string of incredible ports. I'm greatly looking forward to the different type of cruise experience that an older, smaller ship with that kind of itinerary and number of nights will be.

Of course, I'm also greatly looking forward to our 9-night cruise this fall on Explorer to the Southern Caribbean. I can't help it, I just like the varied experiences of different ships and cruising in general. :D

Edited by mattwright

And it's fair to point out that the exercise facility on the Legend is cramped - almost feels like it was crammed in as an afterthought. A number of people last Feb were really disappointed with it.

Not a problem for me, as I never darken its door. I do my 10,000 steps in each port, and sea days are for lying around reading trashy novels, snoozing and afternoon delight.