Help!! Did I Make A Mistake!!

TNTKP

I just booked a cruise on the Magica, in a suite on the 9th floor, suite 9206. By looking at any and all pics I could find, I'm unable to get an idea of the balcony size - all the way to the front, starboard side?? Does anyone have this information, or know where I might find it, or pics, etc??

Thanks to any info!!

Tim

Checked the website and the customer rep at Costa - no info on the website, and the rep could only give general square footage for each cabin category. So, still ;ookong for info from all you experienced cruisers!!

Thanks

TNTKP, just wondering why you think you may have made a mistake?

We were on deck 6 in a balcony cabin, forward, starboard - probably under where you will be. No problems at all.

I have found deck plans, but no actual pictures of your balcony.

rps2004 - sorry - I made a mistake - we were on the port side - cabin 6210 - yours is almost opposite where we were - we were 2nd one along, and yours is first.

The only thing I would say is that the end of the Bridge (not sure what it is called) hangs out over where your cabin is (and ours). It is 2 floors up, and isnt really a problem - in fact it can cast a nice bit of shade when it gets too hot. But we got a bit of a shock when we first saw it - so I just thought I would let you know.

Other than that - it is a quiet part of the ship - because not many people need to walk past.

It is quite a walk from the stairs and lifts however - but we found it to be good exercise after eating all the food!!

Research first, cancel the cruise. Unnecessary duplicate postings. Do your homework.

That's just what I did. Cancelled that room, and upgraded to a Grand Suite. Not willing to take a chance on a crummy room/balcony/location.

Oh, and thanks for the heartfelt advice........

That's just what I did...upgraded to a Grand Suite.

Oh, and thanks for the heartfelt advice........

Why to reply to one rude comment with another sarcastic one? There were three positive responses to your inquiry and you chose to acknowledge the bad one, maybe a positive response might be in order and just ignore the negative. (no need to fuel the fire)

Why to reply to one rude comment with another sarcastic one? There were three positive responses to your inquiry and you chose to acknowledge the bad one, maybe a positive response might be in order and just ignore the negative. (no need to fuel the fire)

Sorry for the sarcasm....

But this booking with Costa, their horrendous website and late itinerary postings, archaeic system of having to call/email Italy for the simplest of questions has taken its toll on me, and my travel agent - to the point where both she and her travel agency vow to never book for Costa again. And then to have someone come back with such a glib, negative comment on these boards, well it was something I didn't expect nor deserve.

I'm taking a break and will probably not visit this board again....

Thanks for putting it back into perspective sfocruiser!

Sorry for the sarcasm....

But this booking with Costa, their horrendous website and late itinerary postings, archaeic system of having to call/email Italy for the simplest of questions has taken its toll on me, and my travel agent - to the point where both she and her travel agency vow to never book for Costa again. And then to have someone come back with such a glib, negative comment on these boards, well it was something I didn't expect nor deserve.

I'm taking a break and will probably not visit this board again....

Thanks for putting it back into perspective sfocruiser!

I agree the Costa web site is challenging to be tactful. We are planning a trip on the Magica over Thanksgiving and have given up on the Costa site Will have to track down a TA. Hope you enjoy your trip, especially in the suite which I hear is well worth it.

You'll love the suite life, we always have a suite now, with 2 children still loads of room and the bathrooms are great (Romantica Dec 1998, Atlantica Dec 04, Mediterranea Dec 05). You'll always get conflicting opions on this site and people who think it's acceptable to be sarcastic or rude, but just take all opions with an open attitude and enjoy.

Archived