MSC DIVINA: Without Rose Tinted Glasses

cruisetrail

Pools

There are four pools on the ship (including the small and shallow one on the YC deck).

The second pool area (counting from the bow) has sliding roof. The pool itself is standard size and depth. This area provides no loungers at all.

The main pool area occupies the central part of the ship. The pool is also standard size and “adult” depth. Splash areas for small kids surround the main pool.

The pool #4 is nicely located on stern. Although inadequately small and extremely crammed, the area provides beautiful scenic views.

The pool itself is relatively small and shallow. Ads call it “infinity pool”.

The trick is that the tiled area of the pool extends to the edge of the stern – where a “watertight” glass barrier is placed.

If the water level in the pool covers the tiled area, there may be an impression of the pool surface going far to the horizon. This is how the pool is presented on promo pictures.

In fact, the pool was never filled to that level during our cruise (MSC does not take the risk ?). The tiled area remained dry and hot – just wasted space considering the lack of loungers in aft pool area.

There is a waterslide (enclosed tube) on the Divina.

Judging by some of your other (as yet unpublished) photos, it seems like there were loungers in the aft pool area, and that the dry hot tiled area was enjoyed by many of the guests who opted to spread their towels there and soak up the sun. But it does seem that there was plenty of room and the only people who would find it inadequately small and impossibly crammed may have been those whose preferred method of enjoying a pool is to flail around like a beached whale.

6_zps965e057d.jpg

4_zps60c583a8.jpg

26_zpsd824989d.jpg

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

One question.

You say :

Dark rooms with low ceilings.

Dark corners.

The lights in many cases are eye irritating.

Full height fences.

Ramming into glass walls.

A ship of glass and mirrors.

Eating salty slices of rubber.

My one and only question is:

WHAT VESSEL WERE YOU ON CAPT. JUMBEE ANYWAYS???

Edited by thraak

I don't like to point fingers but there are some serious incompatibilities that bring into question the whole credibility of this review.

Cruisetail, would you mind clarifying what you meant about being in a YC3 cabin and tell us what cabin type you actually purchased and sailed in? And by sailed in I mean not just spent time in but actually slept in each night (with or without lumpy pillows) and stored your personal effects in.

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

Yacht Club has kinks??? AWESOME!!!!! :eek: :D

MSC is fully aware of the flaws. I believe all of them will be addressed in the new generation ship design.

Another thing aboat Le Muse.

No sea views!

Le Muse overlooks aft pool deck. To be more precise: it's actually on the aft pool deck.

You'll admire all the views related to pool deck activity.

Le Muse floor to ceiling windows are tinten glass.

It looks like dark mirror wall from outside.

Some people try to see what is behind this misterious wall.

Some people use it as a mirror (literally) not realising that they are visible from inside.

Some people do something what people sometimes do when they are "alone".:)

That's something.

The show one could see from this exclusive restaurant (an unadvertised MSC show - unpredictable improvisation) is inappropriate for an upscale venue, but our friends and us did not take YC "luxury and exclusivity" overly seriously and had great time in the Le Muse - most entertaining restaurant.:)

MSC is fully aware of the flaws. I believe all of them will be addressed in the new generation ship design.

Another thing about Le Muse.

No sea views!

Is it so important that not having a sea view would spoil your holiday. Just wondering does having a sea view make the food taste better or something?

Just my observation but I prefer to focus my attention on my company than stare out the window during mealtimes.

Edited by gaddgie
spelling error

Well the entire ? lunch buffet or at least some portion in film. I particually liked the close up of the water and iced tea machine. There was no context, was this early in the lunch hour, did you wait until a herd of hungry people went through.

Your point, if there is one, would have been better served by filming it before it opened.

I did see a carving station at 1:29

The film was choppy but amature film makers often do that.

The music was awful. We waited how long for that?

Edited by legion3

Another "in and out" addition by cruisetrail.

No answers to any questions, just more "review". Great way for a travel professional to treat the public.

I think it's time a mod put this "review" out of its misery.

So now you did eat in Le Muse with your friends who didn't take the YC to seriously?

While I applaud you for being such a man of the people and salt of the earth but I must point out that this is the first time you have ever mentioned being in LeMuse.

Ever!

No mention of its food quality in your review or at anytime since.

A glaring oversight in your original post perhaps?

No answers to any questions, just more "review". Great way for a travel professional to treat the public.

It reads less like a review and more like a lecture lesson plan on prevarication and besmirchment.

Lots of fruit in the movie betwee 2:12 and 2:32. Didn't your review besmirch the fruit on board?

The pizza from 2:32 hard to tell if its rubbery simply by looks and it really doesn't in the film.

I have to say that for my 2:59 I got little of anything to base my conclusion on.

No context, no depth, you could have tried the food and given a moment by moment taste review. Guys like the host of Man vs Food and Bizzare foods America give a instant review of taste and quality.

Did you take a film of eating in LeMuse? If so please share it and leave the music out. Here's hoping that the sequal doesn't equal.

Oh I see you said the buffet had no "berries of any kind,mango,kiwi"

Are these the money fruits for you? Perhaps you missed them among all the other fruits on the buffet? I mean you did woosh through the buffet pretty quickly in the film.

Something to ponder. Maybe you simply missed them.

You know what this review is in one word?

ERSATZ

do you know what it is in three words?

- Inconsistency

- Controversy

- Lost opportunities

Whoops the three words is actually four words. :o

But since I was quoting the OP from another thread thats what I get for not proof reading the facts as they were presented.

Not lunch.

Not a part of.

This is all, just soups were not visible..

Then without the soups its useless, can't even make an informed inference.

Perhaps its semantics that you are confused about.

Is this dinner or supper - the evening meal?

Or is this lunch - the midday meal?

Sea day or port day? What other foods were available at the same time. Without more context unfortunately the film has little review quality.

I will say that much of the food looked quite good, quite a bit of many items were half gone suggesting people took it, to eat it.

A less than stellar attempt to besmirch the buffet.

You do have other films? Oh I hope so.

Not lunch.

Not a part of.

This is all, just soups were not visible..

I mean I do see you state lunch.

But you must understand so much of what you have posted so far is so tangled in inconsitencies and difficuly choppy half statements that its very hard to make sure you and your target audience are on the same page.

Just a tip when lecturing, obfuscate = confusion = not getting the info to the intended audience.

Thats free FYI.

So if we accept this premise, and we accept the premise that you stayed in the Yacht Club, then you had to make this crawl as an elitist through all these blue collars. It must have been terrible. Crawl? Seems awfully slow but that does seem to be the pace at which some things happen in this thread.

Judge Smails in Caddyshack comes to mind. "What are you doing this Saturday?" "Great how would you like to mow my lawn" "and after your through why don't you stop by the Yacht Club" "hmm hmm"

Proper afternoon tea daily? Now its official this review has a case of clinical schizophrenia.

No proper afternnoon tea...proper afternoon tea daily. Its like a tennis match, just not as exciting.

If I ever get into trouble, I want you to be my lawyer!:D

At least when Caren was busted for her Divina lies she crawled back to her hole and hasn't been heard from since. Or maybe she has transformed into this new character. I must admit that if the op's intention was to harm MSC, I think that the lies have been disproved and now the excitement and anticipation is building for many to find out for themselves what a great product MSC is providing.

Edited by thraak