Decisions, Decisions: Which cruise to take?

My husband and I would like to take a cruise in late January/early February next year. We've cruised with RC before (9/03 on Explorer to Western Carib., 2/05 on Jewel to Western Carib.). For our next cruise, we're thinking of trying an Eastern or Southern Caribbean itinerary. While we enjoyed our Jewel cruise, we prefer the Voyager class ships. For us, the most important aspects of a cruise are good weather and beautiful beaches. We aren't particulary concerned about the variety of excursions or shopping in the ports we visit. Considering that we plan to cruise in late Jan/early Feb, would an Eastern (Navigator or Mariner) or Southern Caribbean (Adventurer) cruise be best for us? We like the convenience of sailing out of Miami but would fly to San Juan if necessary. Any insights you can share would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Guest cruzr44

Since you have not done Eastern I would pick Navigator. The ports are the same as Mariner plus San Juan. If you want Eastern but more sea days, pick Mariner. I picked Adventure for our next cruise as we have never been on the Southern route. We have cruised Jan/Feb and have always had great weather. There are beautiful beaches everywhere.

mx55mom@yahoo.com

The itinerary on AOS is excellent and, though I am NOT a Voyager class fan, I preferred AOS to Voyager.

The southern route will offer warmer weather from the beginning of your cruise. The islands themselves are more varied and less tourist dense.

That would be my choice.

Archived