Allen Marine vs Adventure Bound out of Juneau

Fredbrot

On the Star Princess in August. We want to take a trip out of Juneau to Tracy Arm Fjord for up close glacier viewing. Princess is NOT offering an excursion that departs directly from the ship. Last time, we saw another cruise ship do this and the smaller boats got right up close to everything. I've seen many of the videos and pictures posted here and really would like to do it. DW and I are short 5'3" and usually get stuck behind taller people.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

I don't think Adventure Bound is an option for you. You need to have a port time of at minimum 8am until 7pm to be able to do their trip. I was planning on taking them again this year but they were booked up the day I'm in port so tried to sail with Allen Marine. Their schedule didn't work either as a RT from Juneau as they were really aiming at one of the other cruise ships and returned too late in the day for me. (I think the tour was 2:30pm until 9:30pm and we sailed at 9pm) Give them a call as maybe they will work for your port schedule.