Paul Gauguin brochure request

KathyPet

About three weeks ago I went onto the PG website to request a brochure. About two weeks ago I started receiving phone calls (multiple) on my home phone and E Mail (multiple) from TWO different travel agencies wanting to assist me in booking my PG cruise. I am highly annoyed about this. Obviously they passed my personal information along to these agencies who are now trying to sell me their services. I double checked the website and it says absolutely nothing about allowing PG to provide my personal info to another outside entity. Oh and to top it all off I STILL have not even received the brochure I asked for. This certainly is not starting off on a good foot and makes me wonder why I would want to book with them.

I've requested for things directly from PG in the past, have never been solicited by travel companies afterwards.

Frankly I perplexed, why would PG share that info when they themselves do direct bookings? Doesn't make sense, maybe you mentioned the PG on some other internet page and thus high jacked your info to others, it happens all the time on the internet now days from any sort of search you do, even here on CC your being watched, just sayin' .......... I know I wouldn't give away info on a possible direct sale .......... you make more money

Edited by Tikiintahiti

I also received a call and follow-up e-mails from a travel agency several months ago within hours after submitting an online request via the PG website for a brochure. The travel agent who called said that they worked closely with PG. However, her e-mail is an agency address, not pgcruises. We subsequently booked a PG cruise, but through our own local travel agent.

John

When I asked the caller from one of the agencies how they got a hold of my information when I had registered directly on the PG website the caller said "we word closely with PG and are one of their preferred travel partners" so PG definitely provided them with my data and I am highly annoyed. I thought that they were required to disclose to you that they were going to share your data and I went back and looked and there is no disclosure to that effect.

About three weeks ago I went onto the PG website to request a brochure. About two weeks ago I started receiving phone calls (multiple) on my home phone and E Mail (multiple) from TWO different travel agencies wanting to assist me in booking my PG cruise. I am highly annoyed about this. Obviously they passed my personal information along to these agencies who are now trying to sell me their services. I double checked the website and it says absolutely nothing about allowing PG to provide my personal info to another outside entity. Oh and to top it all off I STILL have not even received the brochure I asked for. This certainly is not starting off on a good foot and makes me wonder why I would want to book with them.

KathyPet,

We appreciate your comments and would like to learn more about your experience and make sure you receive our brochure. Please email Paul Gauguin Cruises at customerservice@pgcruises.com so that we can contact you directly.

Thank you,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

I sent a E nail to customer service complaining about my personal information being given to these two travel agencies in order for them to solicite me to sign up for a cruise using their agency via marketing calls to my home from a company called Full Service Travel who called three times to sell me a cruise. The third call was made after I had told them the day before on the second call that I was not interested in using their services. The E mails were from Aroya Travel wanting to answer any questions that I might have to ensure that they would give me the best possible price for my cruise.

The response from customer service stated that they were sorry I was getting these types of contacts and they would delete my information from the PG database.

I have read your privacy policy. It does not say anything about providing customer's personal information to a third party so that the customer can be the target of a sales pitch from two travel agencies. You are violating your own privacy policy by allowing this to occur and I do intend to follow up on my complaint with a formal complaint to the dept that is in charge of administering the Privacy policy. When I provide my name, address, E Mail and phone # on a website for a specific purpose I expect that website to safeguard my data and not to turn it over willy nilly to a outside entity. I have no knowledge or information as to the safety and security of these additional entities who now have my information in their databases and I was not given the option to not have this information turned over to them.

Edited by KathyPet