New freedom info

golfer1903

Ten of us leave Sunday on the Freedom 8 day cruise and are very excited.

I am interested in dining room set-up, table cloths, menu, etc. and am hoping for table cloths and a nice dining experience, whether new menu or old. Regardless, we'll have a great cruise and will report back.:):)

I'm still searching out threads, but I'm 99.9% sure that I read American Table and Feast were coming to the Freedom. I'm scouring threads and FB posts to find the info.

We'd also love some Camp Ocean and Bookville pictures and reviews. We're getting ready to book a cruise on the Freedom later this year and want to make sure it's a change for the better. We're going to spend 34 roundtrip hours in a car just for the new and improved kids club :rolleyes:

Hi, someone on our Freedom June 1st fb page posted a question to John about the new menu coming to the Freedom and he responded that" at the moment we have decided not to put the new menu on the Freedom, and that this has changed in recent days so my apologies for that and Skip Lyons will be the CD.

Interesting news about dining. My original excitement stemmed from the earlier post that they had looked at the tables and they were still the plywood, which would indicate that tablecloths will be necessary. I can't imagine that they would be able to replace all the tables in both dining rooms while cruising now that they are out of drydock. I'm happy with either menu - I don't have to cook or clean up, and I can eat what I want without catering to my kids' preferences like I do at home. I look forward to the "civilized" meals on board!:) There will always be meals that are better than others as everyone has their own preferences. But in general, I can't find it in me to be worried about what's coming menu-wise, or upset about the table appearance. Vacation is what you make of it, and I'm very much looking forward to our upcoming Freedom experience!

I know. Unfortunately they were a low resolution and show very little detail (ie the inside of Bookville). I know John tries to get pictures up, but he seems to have better success when he's CD and can ask photographers to take pictures of the new venues.

The one thing that hasn't been answered is if adults are allowed in Bookville. Normally, no one (other than staff and registered campers) are allowed in the kid's areas, but the press release said that families will be able to join their camper to read books--I'm wondering how they'll handle that.

I agree - there were only a couple of pictures, and they didn't really show much. Even more importantly than seeing the rooms though, I'm hoping someone will post who had kids in Camp Ocean and can tell us how the new program is. It looks pretty cool on its face and my 8 year old is VERY into marine life and is completely psyched about going!

I agree - there were only a couple of pictures, and they didn't really show much. Even more importantly than seeing the rooms though, I'm hoping someone will post who had kids in Camp Ocean and can tell us how the new program is. It looks pretty cool on its face and my 8 year old is VERY into marine life and is completely psyched about going!

We'll have to wait a few more days for parent reviews--the first sailing with Camp Ocean open just left on the 24th.

I'm on the June 9th cruise... so just to clarify... it looks like they are NOT going to the new menu? Anyone going on the June 1st sailing before mine that can report back to us and let us know for sure? I know it really is no big deal, but I'd love to know.