When is full payment due?

DrJW

We are scheduled on a 16 days cruise which departs on 12-1-14. When is balance of fare due? Three months prior to sailing that would then be 9-1-14.

I understand that that PH passenger can book dining room options beginning on 9-17....shoudn't it be 9-1 since this is 3 months prior to sailing and when balance of fare is due? A bit confusing.

Thanks for clarifying.

The date should be noted on your invoice

Unless otherwise noted, final payment must be received by Oceania Cruises 90 days prior to cruise departure for voyages less than 15 days and 150 days prior for voyages 15 days or longer. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to cancel any booking not fully paid or deposited per the schedule or those without passport details.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/termsconditions.aspx

PH can book 75 days out

see the FAQ under Guest Services on the website

When to make your reservations:

Your booking must be paid in full.

The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Edited by LHT28

We are scheduled on a 16 days cruise which departs on 12-1-14. When is balance of fare due? Three months prior to sailing that would then be 9-1-14.

I understand that that PH passenger can book dining room options beginning on 9-17....shoudn't it be 9-1 since this is 3 months prior to sailing and when balance of fare is due? A bit confusing.

Thanks for clarifying.

Just for the record, Dr.JW, did you book this trip solo or are we giving a helping hand to your friendly neighborhood Travel Agent?

I reviewed the invvoice that I received from Oceania [ Yes, Jim via my TA!!:) ]

and it shows that for a 12-1-14 sailing full balance is due no later than by

7-4-14. So those that indicated 150 days for over 15 days cruise are accurate!

My question remains as follows:

I was under the impression that once FULL payment is made [ in this case 7-4] that one could go one line and book dining opitions, as well as excursions and all other 'features' that Marina offers [i.e. cooking class. etc.]. That apparently is not the case, having a PH2 catogery, I was advised by Oceania that I needed to wait till sometime in September [ about 2 months after they receive their full payment.]

Other cruise lines such as Crystal and Silversea however allow for all on line reservations to be made once full payment has been made.

How come, Oceania waits?

]

Thanks for clarification [ of course from you as well Jim! :p

As long as you are in the mood to be snarky, Dr. JW, why aren't you asking these questions of your Travel Agent?

They are, after all, earning a commission to answer your (very worthy) questions, while the rest of us are only volunteers.

Jim, for some reason you are preoccupied with MY TA! :D

My guess it that more than 50% of criise critic members book through a TA and yet still they 'chat' and sound out what fellow passengers have to share...I am not being 'snarky;' is this the 'kettle calling the pot.....?"

The only reason I specifically mentioned your name is because you are CLEARLY an authority..specifically with Oceania...and I respect what you have to share..as long as you don't make remarks such as your first one..questioning why I don't check with my TA,

I apologise if I offenfed you.... I DESPISE THE WORD "SNARKY" :(

In view of the abovr, I shall no longer referece your name in future postings .

I wish you a pleasant extended holiday weekend!

Dr JW., I''m not in the least offended, nor do I think that the word "snarky" carries unpleasant connotations, merely a sate of mind.

It is obvious to me that you are hoping to engage in some type of class warfare because the mid-line Suites which you have booked do not have access to restaurant reservations and whatnot as early as the more expensive accommodations, but as that was clearly spelled out both online and in all of the printed literature, I fear that you haven't a leg to stand on.

I think what Jim is implying is there are many questions best answered by a brief reading of official documents, such as your invoice and the official Oceania website, rather than depending on the opinions, occasionally misinformed, of your fellow guests.

Of course, there are dozens of other, more unofficial, questions best answered here. While we certainly appreciate your intention to begin friendly communication, such qustions as final payment and official dates for reservations are perhaps not the best choice...they are too important to risk getting improper information.

Jim is indeed an expert font of Oceania information, but he got there by basic research.

Wow,y'all can be a prickly bunch. I couldn't find any evidence of either snarkiness or class warfare in the good doctor's question. It seemed like a perfectly sincere and reasonable request for information.

I've been lurking on this board for months in anticipation of my first Oceania cruise next month, but too many threads go the way of this one so I am very reluctant to post even the most innocuous question here.

I

I was under the impression that once FULL payment is made [ in this case 7-4] that one could go one line and book dining opitions, as well as excursions and all other 'features' that Marina offers [i.e. cooking class. etc.]. That apparently is not the case, having a PH2 catogery, I was advised by Oceania that I needed to wait till sometime in September [ about 2 months after they receive their full payment.]

The top suites get 1st kick at the specialties

Then PH cabins

Then Conceirge

then the rest of the cabin Cat

Here are the rules again in case you missed it

Your booking must be paid in full.

The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

It is just the way Oceania does it

You can book excursions, cooking classes & La Reserve at any time for those you pay the fee when book them

Enjoy the cruise

Wow,y'all can be a prickly bunch. I couldn't find any evidence of either snarkiness or class warfare in the good doctor's question. It seemed like a perfectly sincere and reasonable request for information.

I've been lurking on this board for months in anticipation of my first Oceania cruise next month, but too many threads go the way of this one so I am very reluctant to post even the most innocuous question here.

Glad you jumped in, hankandteri. I, too, am sometimes reluctant to post, but at my age, I just ignore responses which I feel are rude. After all, this is CC and we are all encouraged to ask, ask, ask. And I'm a firm believer that the only dumb question is the one left unasked.