Don't understand dynamic - cant u book on ship

I do not understand the dynamic dining and shows. Can't you just take a chance and go to,dinner when you want? Who knows what you will be in the mood for On a particular night. If it must be all mapped out ahead this is not for me!!! We like to go when we want and not plan the day in advance.

Royal Caribbean claims to be holding back 20% of the availability for onboard booking. Considering that 90% of the online availability is for 9pm or later who knows what will be available onboard. Could be that the last 20% of availability is help or 20% across the board is held. No one knows, but which ever seems simplest (last 20%) is likely what will be held. Can't expect to much from their IT department.

I do not understand the dynamic dining and shows. Can't you just take a chance and go to,dinner when you want? Who knows what you will be in the mood for On a particular night. If it must be all mapped out ahead this is not for me!!! We like to go when we want and not plan the day in advance.

You have many dining options onboard. Booking in advance would be highly recommended for those celebrating a special occasion, needing a very specific dining time for keeping a rigid schedule or meeting medical needs. They will not only have several drop-in complimentary options like Windjammer or Café 270, but they will have a wide selection of specialty dining.

They will most likely have a system like NCL that shows which venues are filling up and when so that you can make a calculation on where to go at the last minute as well. Then there will be issues with changes, modifications and cancellation and some of the most desirable times and venues may open right at the moment you feel 'in the mood'

I have chosen the strategy to book a venue in advance for each evening, fully realizing that I may not hold this 'schedule' in advance. This actually has more flexibility than the old system if you put that spin on it. The old system had rigid dining times and set menus.

Shows will most likely have the same rules as they do now. Early arrival guaranteed seat. 15 minutes prior open seating. 10 minutes prior prime 'gold card' seating open for everyone, if seats remaining.

This is the first time in over 20 + cruises that I am "winging it" .

I love traditional dining, I know I will have late seating and plan my day around that schedule.

Everyone in my family is free to do their own thing but my one and only request is that we meet for dinner. DD has changed that dynamic for us. Not happy about it but we will still attempt to eat at approx 8:30 " wherever. " I suppose we will leave voice mails on our cabin phones making decisions on where to dine.