Want to see a moose!!!

titansluvr

As other posters have already indicated, SE Alaska is not "moose territory." Where we live, in the Interior, moose are readily evident, as they love to eat my flowers and also "prune" our Amur maples, chockecherries and crababble trees. Moose also reside on the Kenai Penninsula.

Jueanu has moose just not very many.

http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-09-13/over-years-moose-sightings-becoming-more-common

Juneau’s had about five moose sightings this summer, which is par for the course for the past couple years, said Ryan Scott, a wildlife biologist with the Department of Fish and Game. But compared to five years ago, appearances of these large ungulates are up.

“The last two or three years, we’ve had people see moose in random places out the road,” Scott said. “In Juneau, it’s still a random thing.”

That reminds me of a trip we made from Chena Hot Springs back to Anchorage. It was the middle of September a couple of years ago. It is about a 37 mile drive from Chena to Fairbanks. It was also moose hunting season. On that drive I saw many moose. The odd thing was you would see a moose or two drive a mile and see a hunter on an ATV, drive another mile and see more moose, another mile and another hunter...etc. etc.

I guess the moose knew where not to go that time of year....