What time for return flight?

If the cruise arrives back at 8:30 am in Miami, at what time should I aim for as a departure time out of MIA?

Thanks.

Plan a flight back no earlier than 12noon. If you pick something earlier than noon and the ship is held up due to customs....you may miss it.

Allow more time than you think because disembartion does take some time after the ship arrives in port. Also, don't forget the new rules about arriving at the airport early for security reasons.

I'd think to be on the same side, any time after 1:00, but definately not before noon.

On our last cruise, we had a later afternoon flight so we checked our luggage at the American Airlines terminal next to the port of Miami (literally just a few steps out of the port building where you pick up your luggage at) and went to the beach for the day and walked around Miami before heading to the airport.

I went ahead and chose a 2pm flight so I wouldn't panic. Originally I was going to go with an 8pm flight but i realized it would probably be torturous waiting around the airport.

Thanks so much.

Good call, by 8pm the ship has probably already left for it's next cruise. (Most leave between 4pm - 6pm)

Archived