your thoughts & advice about Norwegian Epic

Hi all Looking for advice and recommendations on a short 3 night cruise on Epic from barcelona to france to palma and back to barcelona, can anyone tell me will this short cruise be a party cruise (i.e, stag/hen party) or will it be suitable for retired couple to enjoy, many thanks, never cruised with norweigan before so please fill me in on as much info as possible, thanking you.:)

Epic was my first ever Cruise in 2012, soon to my second in 2 weeks time, its a great ship that will suit all ages, something for everyone and Freestyle is the best thing about it :)

One thing to note is the cabin set up the bathroom and toilet are in the room toilet one side and shower the other side as you enter and not in a separate room like other ships

Edited by Keith.W

Thank u for your reply, this is exactly what i was afraid to hear, and was thinking, as its such a short cruise it would be aimed more at the younger party type, thank you for your thoughts,:)

This cruise is NOT for a retired couple. Gonna be 3 days of drunks, kids, crowds and noise. Hope you like walking and waiting for elevators.

Thank you for your reply, its appreciated, can i ask how long do you cruise on the epic, (how many nights) and what type cabin do you prefer? thanking you x

Epic was my first ever Cruise in 2012, soon to my second in 2 weeks time, its a great ship that will suit all ages, something for everyone and Freestyle is the best thing about it :)

One thing to note is the cabin set up the bathroom and toilet are in the room toilet one side and shower the other side as you enter and not in a separate room like other ships

Edited by Ireland Cruiser

Hi there, I would have to agree with Keith W, I think the Epic has something for everyone. The entertainment is second to none and the whole Freestyle approach really appeals to us. You eat when you want and where you want and with whom you want......you can always let your host or hostess know if you would be willing to share a table with others.

I can only comment on our own experience, but Love My Butler suggested that you wait a long time for an elevator......we never waited more than a few moments in peak times....usually when the shows in the theatre had just finished.

Our cruise was a 7 day cruise and had a real mix of ages and nationalities, not sure if a 3 day cruise would be different, but I would hazard a guess and say that leaving from Barcelona would attract more European guests for a short break. Just my thoughts, hope they help. :)

Yes thank you very much your feedback is greatly appreciated, xx:)

Hi there, I would have to agree with Keith W, I think the Epic has something for everyone. The entertainment is second to none and the whole Freestyle approach really appeals to us. You eat when you want and where you want and with whom you want......you can always let your host or hostess know if you would be willing to share a table with others.

I can only comment on our own experience, but Love My Butler suggested that you wait a long time for an elevator......we never waited more than a few moments in peak times....usually when the shows in the theatre had just finished.

Our cruise was a 7 day cruise and had a real mix of ages and nationalities, not sure if a 3 day cruise would be different, but I would hazard a guess and say that leaving from Barcelona would attract more European guests for a short break. Just my thoughts, hope they help. :)

Thank you for your reply, its appreciated, can i ask how long do you cruise on the epic, (how many nights) and what type cabin do you prefer? thanking you x

7 Nights in 2012 and 7 nights again 8th June Epic is the only cruise ship i have sailed so cant talk about other, I traveled with with family our party had a mixture of Mini Suites and studios i stayed in a studio but visited the mini suites on numerous occasions and they where quite spacious.

Epic has a mixture of guests, i myself in my mid 20"s went hating the thought of a cruise but enjoyed is so much i am booked again. I dont think epic gets many drunks as the med cruises are very port intensive with people up early on port days.

Entertainment is one of the best with cirque, blue men, legends as well as other small acts i am sure they will have a great time.

Anymore information just ask :)

Hi, I was on the Epic for the same short cruise two weeks ago. :)

There was a huge range of people, children, young party people, older persons - there were 4338 passengers for this trip (we asked).

However, I did not have the impression that it got crowded apart from after shows, after the drill and at the garden cafe around 9am.

There were quite a lot of people in Bliss till late, but did not see lots of drunks or stag / hen parties.

My friends and me enjoyed the cruise a lot, all of us were first time cruisers.

I can whole heartedly recommend the ship and this particular cruise. :-)

We especially liked the quiet area at the front of deck 18, away from the kids and the pools. I believe there is something and some place for everyone on the Epic.

Epic is a very large ship and you'll get a diverse crowd. So I don't think worrying about a party crowd should be a factor. I've been on short cruises and don't find NCL attracts gangs of rowdy partiers. I don't suppose you'll be intentionally hanging around the ship's night clubs. I think we're both looking at the same cruise. I'm also taking the one immediately after which is a 3 night repo cruise to Rome. So you may find non-party folks looking to do these cruises two back to back and perhaps a third.

That said, this ship won't have the quiet intimate public venues you'll find on NCL's Jewel-class and smaller ships. Epic is a mega ship that isn't for everyone. The big draw for Epic and why it's so well rated in Europe is it's entertainment and indoor spaces (O'Sheehans, Blue Man Group, Fat Cats, Cirque Dreams, etc.). So I'd choose the ship more based on the design of the ship and entertainment and less who might be on the ship.

Edited by kylenyc

Hi, I was on the Epic for the same short cruise two weeks ago. :)

There was a huge range of people, children, young party people, older persons - there were 4338 passengers for this trip (we asked).

However, I did not have the impression that it got crowded apart from after shows, after the drill and at the garden cafe around 9am.

There were quite a lot of people in Bliss till late, but did not see lots of drunks or stag / hen parties.

My friends and me enjoyed the cruise a lot, all of us were first time cruisers.

I can whole heartedly recommend the ship and this particular cruise. :-)

We especially liked the quiet area at the front of deck 18, away from the kids and the pools. I believe there is something and some place for everyone on the Epic.

Sounds great. Thanks for reporting back. I'm looking forward to it.

Been on the Epic a few times, including the 2013 first short Med and booked on the 2015. Just the average mix, somewhat younger/unexperienced cruisers with a higher pace due to the short cruise and just a bit more drinking in my opinion.

In 2013 there was a large incentive group aboard (300-500?) from some kind of pyramid sales thing, they were very present, those things happen. Had a great cruise still. Nothing to be worried about.

On the previous TA roll call a poster noted the difference between the transatlantic and the first short Med cruise. The TA also had lots of bar takeovers of certain groups which were quite present around the ship, don't know if there would be any noticeable difference.

BTW The UBP is unavailable on the shorter cruises under the new rules.