Dinner in MDR is flexible?

I would like your advice related dinner in MDR on RC (Oasis/Allure). It is possible to have a table just for two? How to do this?

Your place to the table in MDR is fixed or varies from night to night? If you want an individualized table or you want to be served by a certain (favorite) waitress can you book it in advance.

If you chosen your MDR for 6 o'clock, you can change for late dinner the next night or you must respect this time for all your cruise.

Thanks!

We are big water drinkers :-). Can you refill the bottles with water of RC dispensaries? For example: on Carnival Sunshine there are only a place where you could refill bottles and in others was forbidden. Can you bring bottles of water for the ports?

At the dinner (MDR) you get water or coffee for free, or is extra charge.

Thanks!

I follow a diet that involves very low fat products (milk, yogurt, cheese, no oil etc). Also I can eat sweets but must be sugar fee and low fat in the seame time. There are such products in RC menus or I must announce in advance?

I can find coke/pepsi diet (sugar free) in MDR and what is the price?

Thanks!

There are two systems :

Fixed, with two timing options, early and late timing. Once you choose a timing, you are not supposed to change. Your table is fixed, and you will have the same wait staff everyday.

Flexible (called My Time Dining), which means you can eat at different times. You can make reservation, or you can come any time but may or may not have to wait. Your table and your wait staff may also be different from day to day. You will have to prepay the gratuities if you choose this option.

You (or your TA) can ask for a table for two if you wish to do so. They cannot guarantee,but RCI will try best to accomodate your request. You will get better chance with MyTimeDining as there are more tables for two in this option.

Fill up your bottle with as much water as you like. Just don't fill up your bottle directly from the dispenser. You have to use the clean glass provided, then transfer to your bottle at your table. Better still, just fill up from the faucet in your cabin.

Water, tea, and coffee is free. Specialty coffee incurs a fee.

Diet soft drink is available. Sorry I don't know the price as I don't drink soda.

You may want to pre purchase drink packages. There are some options available.

Better to inform RCI of your dietary needs.

On board, remind the restaurant people of your requirement. The sugar free desserts are readily available, though.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by anandaindonesia

Cans of soda run in the $2.75 range....one can = 2 glasses of soda. You don't HAVE to buy a "package" to get soda. If you drink the equivilent of 3+ cans daily, then the package will pay for itself.

If you have special dietary needs, you need to inform the "Special Needs" dept prior to sailing, so they'll have the items onboard for you. Otherwise, you'll have to pick and choose from the normal menu items onboard.

I would like your advice related dinner in MDR on RC (Oasis/Allure). It is possible to have a table just for two? yes How to do this? ask when you board, just be advised that there are not as many 2 tops in the MDR for set dining, but plenty on the second floor of the DR for MTD.

Your place to the table in MDR is fixed or varies from night to night? if you have set dining, early or late then you sit at the same table with the same tablemates and wait staff. if you have MTD you can request the same staff, but NOT the same table. one cruise we did get the same table number.. but it was physically in a different spot each night, If you want an individualized table or you want to be served by a certain (favorite) waitress can you book it in advance. yes, even on MTD. you can either request the same time every night ahead fo time online, or make reservations once on board for a variety of times to suit your shore excursion and other needs.

If you chosen your MDR for 6 o'clock, you can change for late dinner the next night or you must respect this time for all your cruise. no. if you are on set dining, that is the only time you may dine in the MDR. you can REQUEST a one time switch to MTD on the other floor, but this cannot always be accommodated, or you can just choose to dine elsewhere.. such as the buffet, room service or a specialty restaurant

Thanks!

regardless, if you do plan on missing a meal, please be courteous and let the dining staff know. also more than 20 minutes late and you will possibly not be allowed to dine at all, especially on early seating as they have to turn over the tables for the late seating guests.

if you are on set dining( early or late) then you may ONLY dine at that time.

We are big water drinkers :-). Can you refill the bottles with water of RC dispensaries? For example: on Carnival Sunshine there are only a place where you could refill bottles and in others was forbidden. Can you bring bottles of water for the ports?

At the dinner (MDR) you get water or coffee for free, or is extra charge.

Thanks!

you may not refill bottles directly, you must use a provided glass and pour form there.

the included drink options are iced tea,lemonade, still(tap) water and plain coffee, tea and hot chocolate. the buffets have dispensers that will also have flavored waters and juices.

I follow a diet that involves very low fat products (milk, yogurt, cheese, no oil etc). Also I can eat sweets but must be sugar fee and low fat in the seame time. There are such products in RC menus or I must announce in advance?

I can find coke/pepsi diet (sugar free) in MDR and what is the price?

Thanks!

you need to inform then before you board of your needs AND again once you board. the first night you will probably be very limited in your options but they will bring out the next night's menu at dessert and you will pre order for dinner tomorrow.

I actually like the No sugar added desserts quite a lot. the SF have splenda or other artificial sweetener.

if you do not have a soda package sodas run about 2.75 a can, but they do not always have all products such as diet caffeine free or what not.