Sneaking alcohol on board in San Juan at the Carnival pier.

Rock_ON!!

I'm not sure what negative connotation you were implying that CCL cruisers are predictable when it comes to smuggling alcohol. I can only guess. I do not want to get into a debate and as I said before I am not here to be judged. With all due respect, you know nothing about me.

It's just a moment, this time will pass

The Carnival board's main topic of conversation, is almost always ways to bring drinks on board. It is the most common topic on the board. Your question deals with how easy is it to bring alcohol on board. You state you don't want to be judged, but you ask a question that is clearly against the rules of the ship. Therefore, you will be judged. I was just pointing out, that a question like this, is predictably a Carnival cruiser, and I was right. I could have been wrong, but the odds were in my favor of guessing right. I'm not judging you personally, but making fun of the fact that it is so easy to predict the cruise line, one is on, when this topic comes up. Yes, it does come up on other cruise lines, but it is not as common as Carnival.

• 2 months later...

Just returned from our cruise and there was NO issues getting alcohol on board. I don't think anybody batted an eye at the amount of alcohol that was bought in the cruise terminal and then carried aboard!

That I don't know. I did get alcohol on in St. Martin, I bought a bottle of the grave berry rum, was not trying to sneak anything on. But since it was our last day, they let people take the alcohol back to the room.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the setup at the other pier? Port of san juan paseo concepcion? It is easy to get liquor on at the Pan Am pier but I have never left from the other one and would like to know ahead of time. Thanks for your help.

ok, here's what I remember from two times going out of Port of San Juan,

liquor store exit is five feet from security for ship. they didn't care either way.

I actually laughed about it..

another little unknown secret, is if you call the bon voyage service number'

you can have a bottle waiting in your room. rum/vodka etc.

cost was $65.. but was a magnum bottle. you are allowed to drink ANYWHERE on ship. we always bring our own coolers and mix poolside. yep

I understand it is easy to sneak liquor on when your cruise starts in San Juan, but what about when it is just a port stop? Is the setup the same, do you still go through the terminal with the liquor store? I will be on the Carnival Glory if that makes a difference.

I understand it is easy to sneak liquor on when your cruise starts in San Juan, but what about when it is just a port stop? Is the setup the same, do you still go through the terminal with the liquor store? I will be on the Carnival Glory if that makes a difference.

They check in San Juan just like any other port stop.

It is just the cruises out of San Juan where they are lax. I understand it is because of the itinerary that they do not expect as much alcohol sales so they just don't bother enforcing the policy unless you are trying to bring on more then a bottle or two.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am curious too about the Royal Caribbean set up

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your cruise starts and ends in San Juan (as did mine in March) it will be on the Pan American Pier, which seams another set up than the OldSanJuan Pier for Carnival. You will be checked already on land and you have to give them your booze right there at security on land (I was at the Bacardi Factory Tour and brought a bottle with me); but it was safe and I got my bottle at the last night.

If your cruise starts and ends in San Juan (as did mine in March) it will be on the Pan American Pier, which seams another set up than the OldSanJuan Pier for Carnival. You will be checked already on land and you have to give them your booze right there at security on land (I was at the Bacardi Factory Tour and brought a bottle with me); but it was safe and I got my bottle at the last night.

Doesn't the PanAm pier have a liquor store after the security checkpoint. Right across from the checkin desks? So you could just buy it after you pass through security, no one would check for it after that.