Photographers on Breakaway

Kenlorz

Can someone tell me about the photography situation on Breakaway? On our previous cruise on the Allure there were photographers set up all over the ship every single night around dinner time. DH and I like to dress up for dinner and pose for a different picture in a different setting every night. We buy a package at the end with our best shots. We ended up selecting 15 photos with 6 or 7 different backdrops, settings and outfits and tons of poses to choose from. Is it set up similarly on the Breakaway? If so, where are the best set ups and locations to look for?

Hi,

From my experience last November on the BA,

Photograph mainly in the specialty restaurant every night. A few, if not all, nights there was a photo set-up somewhere on the ship, mostly in or near the atrium. I didn't see any photograph on the outside decks during sea days. There are sessions on a few occasion in the photo studio with no obligation to buy. And of course at every port when you exit the ship there is some kind of a mascot to pose with.

Photos are all organized in a folder for quick viewing or on tv screens.

Have fun !

I was on Breakaway in February. I saw photographers most evenings in the 678 area. Areas I remember:

• The Atrium
  • In front of Le Bistro, under the chandelier and on the glass staircase in the middle of the ship
  • Near the aft stairwell where there's an alcove with a round white upholdered thing

I think the photography system works much like on the Epic. They store your photos digitally and print them when you order a package.

2015 is still in the distance, but on BA this March - adding to above posted info, one of the Specials we saw on the last 3 days was a "Any 10 photos for $129 Deal" it can be mix-n-match as long as it's charged to one Stateroom Account (good use of OBC) and Gold get 20% or Platinum get additional 25% off (YAY !!!) plus for additional $10 (I think, memories faded fast) - they will give you the prints and released rights & put the digital image on a USB stick for you to keep, you can make copies and/or share them.

Check the ship's Dailies as it will list any special time & location for any portrait sessions, posing with the officers & captain, etc. - and, of course, the usual gangway pix at ports of calls, and embarkation photo, etc. Pix are now placed in an indexed binder in the Photo Shop area so no more finger smudges (unless they are yours) and easy to find as it's tied to a reference code on your Guest KeyCard - just remember to give them your Stateroom # if they forget to ask, and they will be there when you are ready to pick & choose. Try to avoid the last Sea Day as half ot the ship are there trying to buy with long lines for checking out.

Thank you everyone! This was so helpful! A few more questions to tag on...

1) Is there a listing anywhere of where the photographers will be each night and the times? They were conveniently listed in our last cruise compass, so it was easy to plan what time you should leave for dinner if you were going to catch a shot beforehand.

2) Someone mentioned going directly to the ship studio for pictures. I didn't know that was an option and I'm extremely intrigued by that for the day we are renewing or vows on the beach. We are doing nothing formal, but it would be great to have some professional shots of us in our special day beach duds for our special day memories :). Anyone have more information they can give on having pictures done in the studio? Like, is there a sitting fee?

AFAIK, there's never a sitting fee nor obligation to buy pix taken - photographers we met on the BA not being "pushy" at all & very friendly. The scheduled time & location are, yes, listed in the equivalent of Cruise Compass (RCI's term) as in "Freestyle Dailies" placed each evening in the stateroom.

They also have time/location set aside for portraits and the Photo "Studio" area is huge compared to older & smaller NCL ships, so I'm sure if you ask for & schedule a session with them - they would be happy to oblige.

BTW, congrats !