Best Pride Cabin?

Ramrac

We are looking at booking a cruise on the Pride after the dry dock and wanted to see what everyone thought was the best cabin on the Pride and if you could recommend a cabin for us. We like room, there will be four of us (myself, DH, DS 9 and DS 4) and we love being out on the balcony.

Thanks!

We haven't cruised yet, but we have reserved a premium balcony cabin (6279) on the Pride. It is slightly bigger than a standard balcony room and the balcony is larger too. I think there are only a handful of them available and some are only 2 passenger cabins. 6279 is a 4 person cabin though. We will have our 10 year old and 2 year old with us and I figured the extra room would be worth the extra cost.

We haven't cruised yet, but we have reserved a premium balcony cabin (6279) on the Pride. It is slightly bigger than a standard balcony room and the balcony is larger too. I think there are only a handful of them available and some are only 2 passenger cabins. 6279 is a 4 person cabin though. We will have our 10 year old and 2 year old with us and I figured the extra room would be worth the extra cost.

That is actually the cabin we are currently looking at. Hope you like it!

Thank you! It'll be our 1st cruise so I'm sure we will love it. The pictures of it look great compared to the standard cabins. We are sailing shortly before the dry dock. If you decide to go with it, I will certainly report back on how we liked it in September! I think the only downside is that there are few premium balcony cabins so the chances of price drops are slim, but I'm happy with what we are paying.

Check out 6232, sleeps 4, extra long 180sf balcony.

(standard balcony is 35sf, extended depth balcony is 60sf, this one is 3 times longer)

We are booked on the Pride for may 3, 2015. We are in 6232, can't wait to enjoy that 180 square feet of balcony :D

6279 is a great cabin, my wife and DD9 had that one 2 years ago and would love to have it again but they will only let you book that one if you have 4 in your party. (we got it on an up-sale). its a premium balconey, so its larger (will fit a lounger on it, plus the room itself is larger) and the bathroom has marble surfaces with 2 sinks instead of the blue. Its right behind the elevators (never heard noise from them, plus it make it easy to move about the ship, especially going to dinner).

Thank you! It'll be our 1st cruise so I'm sure we will love it. The pictures of it look great compared to the standard cabins. We are sailing shortly before the dry dock. If you decide to go with it, I will certainly report back on how we liked it in September! I think the only downside is that there are few premium balcony cabins so the chances of price drops are slim, but I'm happy with what we are paying.

That would be great! Would love to read your review.

Check out 6232, sleeps 4, extra long 180sf balcony.

(standard balcony is 35sf, extended depth balcony is 60sf, this one is 3 times longer)

What type of cabin is it considered when looking it up?

We have cruised twice on the Pride. Both times in 6279. It is a wonderful cabin. Larger cabin, larger balcony. We had myself, my husband and our two children who were 11 and 15 and we had plenty of room. We are going again on the Pride and if we could afford it we would have it again, but this is an economy cruise this time so forgoing it for an interior with French Doors.

You will love 6279. There are photos of it here on CC if you so a search for it. Search Pride 6279.

You are right, we never got a price drop with this cabin.

Edited by bunchesofun

If you like balconies 6232 is by far your best bet! Close to aft elevators ( but you don't hear them ) , and you only have a neighbor on one side. Here is a pic from my room 6232 on the Miracle sister ship. 6232 is an 8J category which is extended balcony. You get the triple length at the same price as the regular extended balcony. It is the only 4 person " bowling alley " balcony on the Pride so you have to book way in advance to land it. There are 5 photos of 6232 on this link.

DSCN3598

Edited by n6uqqq

We have cruised twice on the Pride. Both times in 6279. It is a wonderful cabin. Larger cabin, larger balcony. We had myself, my husband and our two children who were 11 and 15 and we had plenty of room. We are going again on the Pride and if we could afford it we would have it again, but this is an economy cruise this time so forgoing it for an interior with French Doors.

You will love 6279. There are photos of it here on CC if you so a search for it. Search Pride 6279.

You are right, we never got a price drop with this cabin.

I didn't think to search for it on here.

After looking at 6232 it has a great balcony but the room size is standard and we will need a little more room in the cabin.

6279 has 50 extra square feet on the interior. It really isn't going to make much difference IMHO. We had 4 adults in 6232 without issue. You store suitcases under the beds and it is fine.

I didn't think to search for it on here.

After looking at 6232 it has a great balcony but the room size is standard and we will need a little more room in the cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1306481&highlight=pride+6279 Post #8

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362279&highlight=6279

Post #9

We are looking at booking a cruise on the Pride after the dry dock and wanted to see what everyone thought was the best cabin on the Pride and if you could recommend a cabin for us. We like room, there will be four of us (myself, DH, DS 9 and DS 4) and we love being out on the balcony.

Thanks!

As others have mentioned, 6279 is FANTASTIC...expecially with 4 in the cabin. It is a square room compared to the rectangle shape you get with a standard balcony cabin.

6232 has an awesome balcony, but as mentioned by others, the cabin itself is a standard size.

6279 (and 7301 immediately above) are classified as a 9B "Premium Balcony" when looking through the booking process. It is significantly larger than a standard balcony cabin (I know it says 50 sq. ft, but feels like double the regular size due to the shape), has 3 closets with hanging area, and one section beside the double hanging units has shelves (similar to regular cabins). **Note, these are the only 2 9B's that sleep more than 2 passengers **

We have had 6279 2x (Aunt & Uncle and their DD had 7301), and I would book either of these cabins in a heartbeat !

If either is available for your sailing, grab it, they won't stay available too long.