Trip insurance?

I am planning on booking our first Alaskan trip tomorrow, booking for three families. I am considering buying the trip insurance as the trip will not be until June 2015 and a lot can happen between now and then.

Do most of you buy insurance? We rarely do but normally do not book this far out either. Do you buy from other companies? I think if you buy from CCL you do it at the time of booking and can't be added later but not sure about that

We always buy insurance.......mostly for medical evacuation. No we are not elderly or ill....but accidents happen and the cost of this is enormous!! Our group always ranges in ages from 111-50s. A good buy for sure!!

We go to insuremytrip dot com.....compare and buy what works best for us. This is always much cheaper than what one can get from CCL.

Have fun!!!

We always buy travel insurance from a third party. You can customize the insurance and it will cover more than just the cruise. I use http://www.insuremytrip.com. You put in your information and it will give you a large number of companies and policies to choose from. Each company is rated and most have reviews. Great thing about using insuremytrip is that you can choose from a bar minimum policy upto a complete umbrella policy and every thing in between.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 using Forums mobile app.

We've started using Trip Insurance, now that our trips are more expensive AND include substantial "non-refundable" costs.

You might also try TripInsuranceStore.com

Call them, and discuss what your concerns are, e.g., "only medical" or "NOT medical, just travel costs", or whatever you want to insure.

It's not necessarily easy to compare policies within and between insurers.

Most insurance companies offer more than one type/level of coverage.

Whether you can add insurance "later" depends upon both the insurance company AND the type of coverage you wish.

Coverage that allows a percentage for "Cancel For Any Reason" (CFAR) and coverage that does not exclude pre-existing conditions usually must be purchased within 14 or 21 days of the FIRST DEPOSIT or PAYMENT for any part of the trip (cruise, air, etc.) - but double check, as these features are all dependent upon the particular policy you select.

We've found Steve and the others to be incredibly helpful, including asking us a few leading questions to help us determine what type of coverage we did - or did NOT - need for each trip.

(For example, we've got medical coverage for the US and Canada, but not elsewhere, so the medical component of a policy matters a lot for some trips, and little or nothing for others. In some cases, the cost of the trip wasn't much, but because we were out of the country, the medical coverage was very important. And we now have annual MedJetAssist, which isn't expensive, but allows us to be transported to ANY hospital of OUR choice, in case of being admitted as an inpatient to a hospital anywhere more than 150 miles from home. So that automatically includes even relatively short business trips, or casual trips to friends/family.)

GeezerCouple