Wrong Direction

awm

Our Bermuda cruise for next June has already gone up as much as $100.00 per person from the time we booked in early July. I was like the OP -- looking for a drop and got just the opposite! :eek: I'm sure glad we booked early! :D

It's NORMAL for the price of a cruise to go up, that's the EARLY BOOKING INCENTIVE at work. :)

Only CERTAIN cruises ever have price reductions, and that's just simple economics...ship not full enough, they need to fill staterooms. ;) That generally happens in the fall and during hurricane season. As a general rule (except for special promotions) RCCL will MATCH the price reduction, even after final payment, so there is no incentive NOT to book early, in the vast majority of cases.

I just want to be sure that most posters don't think that price reductions are NORMAL on RCCL and other cruise lines, because they aren't. In general, prices DO go up, and those who book early reap the rewards. So please don't feel disappointed if you see the price on your cruise going UP...that's the way it usually works. :)

I am still kinda new to the boards and what you said makes sense. I keep checking the cruises I booked and the one in November went down in price the day before yesterday(200 pp) but the one in April has gone up (150 pp). They gave me the credit on the November cruise and I am glad that I booked the April one early at the price I got.

:confused: Why do you look after you book? If the price did go down, then you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting. Just book it and look forward to going.

we didn't 'look after we booked'..we had friends decide to take the same cruise and by that time it had gone up about $350 pp.

My November cruise has gone up about $250pp since I booked it about 6 months ago. I wonder if that has ANYTHING to due with the fact it's a holiday cruise ;) ! Glad I got it when I did!

Miss Lioness, we watch it because every so often when it goes down, if you paid more for your booking, they will reduce your rate! :) Had it happen to me on my first Majesty cruise on an obscure week in February.

:confused: Why do you look after you book? If the price did go down, then you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting. Just book it and look forward to going.

Because if the price goes down and you call RCCL or your TA, you will receive a refund for the difference.

If the price is going up, don't worry. You are still 70 days away, wait until a few weeks before and check again. My Sovereign cruise in a few weeks was going up steadily for the last few months, and then they opened the "guarantee" categories. So, for less than I paid for an inside, I picked up an oceanview guaranteed, and RCCL credited the difference.

I booked a JS on the Rhapsody of the Seas for $1099. Last week before selling out the remaining JS rooms were listed at $1699 on the RCCL website. This is my first cruise but if we go again we will definitely purchase in advance.

Archived