Emergency Assistance Plus

spunkie4

I would like input from anyone who has purchased and used this coverage.

I received information through the NRA (yes, I'm a Southern grandmother who is a life time member of the NRA), started to toss it, but read it instead.

We always purchase insurance through Princess, have medicare and tricare (military).

Any thoughts?

Shirley and Winston

I would like input from anyone who has purchased and used this coverage.

I received information through the NRA (yes, I'm a Southern grandmother who is a life time member of the NRA), started to toss it, but read it instead.

We always purchase insurance through Princess, have medicare and tricare (military).

Any thoughts?

Shirley and Winston

In addition to the Princess insurance, I also get a short-term coverage from MedJet Assist. This covers air transportation from a foreign hospital (at least 90 miles from the U S) to a hospital of my choice at home. The price is quite reasonable. So far, knock wood, it has been a total waste of $, and I hope it continues to be.

Edited by Treven

SPUNKIE 4--it appears to me you have more than adequate coverage altho it would behoove you to scope out EXACTLY what Medicare and Tricare would cover/reimburse if out of the USA. No sense in paying extra $ for more coverage than is needed since its already in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In addition to the Princess insurance, I also get a short-term coverage from MedJet Assist. This covers air transportation from a foreign hospital (at least 90 miles from the U S) to a hospital of my choice at home. The price is quite reasonable. So far, knock wood, it has been a total waste of $, and I hope it continues to be.
We do the same. Actually, MedJet Assist will transport you from anywhere to anywhere as long as you're 150 miles from home, whether it's in the US or abroad. Thank god we had MedJet Assist four years ago when my brother-in-law was in the ICU in FL for a month after getting sick on a cruise. He was still in critical condition and MedJet Assist flew him back to CA and a hospital near home in a medically-equipped jet and a nurse. I'd talked him into getting the coverage just a few months before.