promoting tourism

firegirl33

Okay I'm sure I'll probably get flamed for this by some who take it the wrong way, but here goes. We love Majahual, I had to drag my husband back to ship! The area is trying to promote tourism and is doing well. The only suggestion we would have is to clean up the trash on the path along the beach to town. Maybe we are just lucky being in a state that is big on that kind of stuff. There is the Motto of "Keep Oregon Green", inmates cleaning along roads and beach cleanups. On our trip we also noticed lots of trash along roads in Florida and Kansas. The path along the beach isn't very long and wouldn't take long to pick up and it would promote tourism in the area.

Grand Princess 4/4/04

Well said firegirl,

The town is addressing the problem of garbage. We get the children from the local schools and the schools in nearby Chetumal to come out and do clean up days. We think by educating the children maybe it will pass onto the older generation. As the saying goes "it is difficult to teach an old dog new tricks". The message is slowly sinking home but there is still a long way to go.

Nitro,

We never did get an e-mail reply from the people at Maya Ha. we wanted to go snorkeling there but since we didn't hear back we just went on the ship tour. We sure loved the area and hope to go back sometime!!

Grand Princess 4/4/04

I do not apologise fotr Maya Ha but they are in a transistional period with new owners organizing a buy out. I am glad you enjoyed the snorkel trip which was in front of Maya Ha. So you still got to go where you wanted. I am glad you enjoyed our village and had a good time. See you back again one day.

Archived