Quebec City Airport Hotels

We will be arriving late evening the night before our cruise. Has anyone stayed in an airport hotel? Would anyone know of one that might have airport pickup or would you need to take a taxi. Would love to stay in Old Town but I don't think for the price and the hour we arrive we would get the biggest bang for our buck. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Joe

My recommendation is to take a taxi and stay near the cruise port. The airport is in a fairly uninspiring suburban setting, and a quick search of some local hotels I might have recommended indicates that a lot of them require you to pay for their shuttles. Might as well go directly to Old Québec, where you can stay somewhere walking distance from the port:

Le Port-Royal

Hotel Germain Dominion

Hotel 71

Auberge Saint-Antoine

Hotel Le Priori

Auberge Saint-Pierre

Besides, unless you're really late, the restaurants/terasses should still be hopping... :D

Thanks

We would not be getting in to around midnight. My thinking is the airport hotels would be cheaper since we are just sleeping there one night till we get on board. I might rethink it.

:)

YQB is not a huge airport, nor are there hotels adjacent to the terminal.

The closest hotels are a few miles away, and you will need a cab to get there.

You basically have 3 choices closest to the airport:

HOTEL MUST (I've stayed there before a few years ago, it was nice)

418-380-6878

HOTEL TIMES (never stayed there before)

418-877-7788

CHATEAU REPOTEL (never stayed there either)

418-872-1111

I second the idea of taking a cab straight to a hotel in Lower Old Town Quebec ! The ride will be a little longer, but you will be there. Arriving around midnight, there will be no traffic to get there.

Edited by p_mori7

Thanks

We would not be getting in to around midnight. My thinking is the airport hotels would be cheaper since we are just sleeping there one night till we get on board. I might rethink it.

Well, it all depends on the experience you want. If you just want somewhere to crash, then you could get a room at a place like the Hotel Must for $123 - say add another $10 for transportation costs. OTOH, you can get a room at the considerably more charming Port-Royal (the closest hotel to the port) for $184. Then, just walk down the street and across to the cruise terminal. You could even do a little sightseeing that morning if you wish. It's up to you if the extra $50 or so is worth it for that experience.

Thank you both. So it sounds like if the airport hotels are not really that close I might as well go into town and pay a few bucks more and possibly avoid two taxi rides. I will check out your suggestions.

Since you have been so helpful can you tell me if taxi's take US dollars or a credit card? I also have heard that in Canada the Credit Cards have a special chip in them. Not sure if mine does. Just trying to cover all my bases. LOL

Thanks

I can't say for sure as I've never tried it, but I suspect you could pay with US$ at a very poor exchange rate - as in, probably at par (which means you're loosing 10%). Using a CC is probably possible, or worst-case scenario there are ATMs in the airport (and as there is a flat rate of CA$34.25 to downtown, it's easy to budget for this).

As for using CCs in Canada, yes we've gone to the chip-and-pin system, however all terminals still have the ability to swipe, so there should be no problem using your CC here.

Hello waltd !

If your flight arrive late in the evening, do not pay for a long taxi ride (about 45 minutes) with a fix price at 35,00$ (to downtown Quebec) plus a room you can't really enjoy in fact. Not more than 10 hours as I understand..?

Take a cab to Sainte-Foy, NEAR the airport. Half Less pricy around 17,00 $ (fixed price).

The morning of your departure take a bus like 800 or 801 for 3,25$.

I suggest you the Clarion hotel. About 10 minutes from the airport and very near the bus number 11 who goes right in downtown (Château Frontenac) in about 25 minutes..! Just ask the concierge of your hotel and enjoy my magnificent city !

Welcome in Quebec City !

Holacanada - Leaving aboard Veendam from my hometown in 39 days.

Edited by holacanada
adding infos + translation !

Hello waltd !

If your flight arrive late in the evening, do not pay for a long taxi ride (about 45 minutes) with a fix price at 35,00$ (to downtown Quebec) plus a room you can't really enjoy in fact. Not more than 10 hours as I understand..?

Take a cab to Sainte-Foy, NEAR the airport. Half Less pricy around 17,00 $ (fixed price).

The morning of your departure take a bus like 800 or 801 for 3,25$.

I suggest you the Clarion hotel. About 10 minutes from the airport and very near the bus number 11 who goes right in downtown (Château Frontenac) in about 25 minutes..! Just ask the concierge of your hotel and enjoy my magnificent city !

Welcome in Quebec City !

Holacanada - Leaving aboard Veendam from my hometown in 39 days.

Staying in Sainte-Foy would be the worst of both worlds - 2 taxi trips required instead of 1 (really, taking a city bus to the cruise port is a non-starter from there, you would need to transfer and it's not the easiest transfer without luggage, much less with), nor is it really close enough to the airport to be genuinely convenient.