Suggestions to Princess Cruises

redtogo

In order to avoid increasing service fees, the cruise line could save a ton of trees and money by eliminating most of the advertisements left in my stateroom each day. Notices are published in the Princess Patter regarding the Spa Experience and the up to 75% off onboard sale. Is it really necessary to bombard us with paper. I must throw away a ream of paper after each cruise.

Just saying....it could save money that could be used for other purposes.

They recycle the paper. Even if you don't separate it in the cabin, your steward does. Overage printed flyers are also recycled and used for other things. The waste is surprisingly low.

One extra piece is too much. Not to mention that I look at the header and toss it into the File 13 pile.

I guess the man-hours to handle this waste are recycled, too, Pam.

Edited by redtogo

One extra piece is too much. Not to mention that I look at the header and toss it into the File 13 pile.

I guess the man-hours to handle this waste are recycled, too, Pam.

I agree. But compared to other lines, Princess has far fewer flyers and paper going to cabins although other lines I've sailed on have a recycling bin in the cabin. Eliminating 50% of the flyers wouldn't save much, though and Princess would still nickel and dime for amenities.

For any recycled product, there is more man hours consumed than it would be used usining virgin product.

That it why it was so half to get so many people onboard.

As for the photos, they are also recycled, as with any other glossy paper.

So you can't whine about the trees and man hours, you have to choose one or the other.

For any recycled product, there is more man hours consumed than it would be used usining virgin product.

That it why it was so half to get so many people onboard.

As for the photos, they are also recycled, as with any other glossy paper.

So you can't whine about the trees and man hours, you have to choose one or the other.

I don't have to choose either. It's a waste no matter how it's viewed.

I don't have to choose either. It's a waste no matter how it's viewed.

All the cruise line companies have struggled with this issue for years.

The paper is not that expensive, but now the latest ISO Certification for the cruise lines requires a substantial reduction in paper usage and recycling.

EVERY cruise line has conducted study after study on this issue.

The results are unanimous.

For every passenger who claims that he/she immediately throws the paper flyers away, there are about 10 more consumers who read them and make a purchase.

When those paper flyers are not distributed, sales drop anywhere from 30% to 50%.

That 30 - 50% translates to hundreds of thousands of dollars on every cruise.

If we take away the flyers, we would have to increase your cruise fare to cover the losses.

Is it a waste? Yes.

Is it going to stop? No.

All the cruise line companies have struggled with this issue for years.

The paper is not that expensive, but now the latest ISO Certification for the cruise lines requires a substantial reduction in paper usage and recycling.

EVERY cruise line has conducted study after study on this issue.

The results are unanimous.

For every passenger who claims that he/she immediately throws the paper flyers away, there are about 10 more consumers who read them and make a purchase.

When those paper flyers are not distributed, sales drop anywhere from 30% to 50%.

That 30 - 50% translates to hundreds of thousands of dollars on every cruise.

If we take away the flyers, we would have to increase your cruise fare to cover the losses.

Is it a waste? Yes.

Is it going to stop? No.

Thanks & good to know how effective they could be at generating sales. I'm one of those who just "recycles" them but glad that many others make purchases to "subsidize" my cruise costs! :)

When Princess had sommeliers they told me there's a dramatic increase in sales of the wines used at wine tastings so that's also effective marketing.

Edited by Astro Flyer