Add a passenger without losing bonus credits

I have a cruise booked for January 2, 2015, on the Gem. I booked it in March, so I got one extra credit for 9 months out, plus it was a Latitudes offer, so I am getting 3x points for each night.

I booked it as a solo cruise, but now my son will able to come on the cruise with me. Any suggestions on how to get my travel agent to not screw up the credits? It's the same money, as I was already paying for both beds in the room. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Delawarealan (and Ben)

I have a cruise booked for January 2, 2015, on the Gem. I booked it in March, so I got one extra credit for 9 months out, plus it was a Latitudes offer, so I am getting 3x points for each night.

I booked it as a solo cruise, but now my son will able to come on the cruise with me. Any suggestions on how to get my travel agent to not screw up the credits? It's the same money, as I was already paying for both beds in the room. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Delawarealan (and Ben)

I think you might lose the 3X I tried to add a cabin and was told I would lose the bonus as the new cabin was not 9 months out and the occupants would also not be 9 months out. Simple solution was to book it by itself.

In your case, the occupant is not 9 months out and would share the same booking number so you might run into an issue.

I just went on a last minute cruise to Bermuda with my parents. They booked a year ago and I was added 3 days before. It was a suite and I ended up getting 21 pts, just like them.

If you stay in the same cabin, you should just be able to add the second person without changing the booking. Everything should stay the same. If you have to change to another cabin, that is a different story. Sounds to me that the first option is what you are doing, so no problem. Just make sure that your TA understands this!

I just went on a last minute cruise to Bermuda with my parents. They booked a year ago and I was added 3 days before. It was a suite and I ended up getting 21 pts, just like them.

So you were in the same room and was added as a 3rd? If so thats great.Good for you on the points.

I was added as a 3rd person into my parents cabin. I still got the triple points. As long as your adding the person to the current cabin your booked in you won't lose anything. Don't change the cabin. I've added a 3rd and 4th passenger to one of my cabin reservations with no problems. As long as your booking date doesn't change you'll be fine, the booking date is what the lattitudes points go by, not invoice date.

Edited by Godiva830

I called NCL and explained what I wanted to do, and they told me that as long as the TA didn't cancel the reservation and re-book I should be OK. I had the TA make the change. I stayed on hold while it was going on, just to make sure.

The TA got an NCL supervisor to help, as the rate code originally used for my booking didn't exist anymore, and he explained to them that my fare should be the same, as I was already paying for both passengers. I got my new confirmation, and will call NCL in a few days to make sure it still works. Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Delawarealan (and Ben)