Rose petals from pantheon!

kborth

Wanted to give a heads up to those in Rome on Pentecost, June 8. The firefighters climb to the top of the Pantheon and drop red rose petals into the opening afterSunday mass. I won't be able to see this as I have a later flight!

• 1 month later...

I wanted to thank you so much for posting that information. I researched it after seeing the comment since we were going to be in Rome prior to our embarkation that was scheduled for the afternoon of Sunday June 8, Pentecost Sunday.

We arrived at 8:45am for the 10:30 mass, and there were crowds of people already there waiting for the doors to open at 9pm. We were able to get seats because my mom is 87 years old and I begged one of the guards for the sympathy so she could sit down, but many did not get seats, and at 9:10am the back was already full standing room only space.

The altar was decorated with roses. The bishop celebrated the Pentecost mass and as we came to the end of mass around 11:55, everyone looked up expectantly. Thousands of red rose petals starting floating down, covering the floor. It continued for about five minutes as everyone watched joyfully.

It was absolutely the highlight of our entire trip. I truly appreciate your sharing that tip.