imagination

tnf

Just Got back from the may 18 4 day cruise had a nice time but not one of the best cruises.

Food including the deli was not very good at all, the meat from the deli was burnt and very fatty.

Our dinner staff did a great job serving and making sure we were happy with what we ordered. The maître d chubby was great a super nice guy

our cabins were clean our cabin steward was great, very friendly.

Entertainment staff was the worst out of all of our cruises very boring no personality

we love trivia but not on this ship.

On Tuesday after getting back from shore the guys(our grown boys) went to their cabin and someone was in their cabin they had the do not disturb sign put on door they asked him what he was doing he said he had a work order for the air. My son went to pursers desk and asked what was going on, they had no clue they seen no work order at all so the purser went to see who it was that was in the cabin, well the guy had left by that time. And the draw in the cabin was open and was not when the guys left for shore so this guy did go through stuff.

the purser checked into it and I guess the guy had a good talking to ( big deal). He was not to be in there. the guys got 2 free drinks from it and a sorry from the pursers.

From what they noticed nothing was missing they had the safe key in the draw and their money in safe they were not sure how much they actually had in safe.

Then they were doing something on this ship they guys were sweeping it up in hazmat suits and masks. went to purser to ask what was going on since it was right by our sons cabin they did not know that answer either. showed them the pictures that we took of what was happening They checked into it and said they were installing cables for the generator.

the next day they had it closed off with tarps and were trying to weld, so who know what they were really doing.

As people have said before on cc the ship was very cold

The ship looks its age lots of wear and tear

Thanks for the review. When did they change the safes to needing a key. We just got off of it two months ago and they didn't have keys then. I agree about the food. Wasn't all that great.

Sorry not key, whatever card they used for the safe

We've heard varying reports of the Imagination. Our cruise on her was Mom's and my Milestone cruise and it was the worst one we had been on. (We were hoping it was bad because it was the first cruise out of Long Beach.)

It was so bad the we decided to go on the Inspiration leaving 5/20 and had our best cruise.

OP---

Did you do AnyTime dining? If so, how was the line? The Imagination has the whole forward MDR as ATD and the hold up seems to be the shared tables.

Edited by SadieN

Interesting that they entered with a do not disturb sign. Would you mind sharing your cabin location?

The 3 day and 4 day cruises are always different from the 7+ day. If you went on another 3-4 day before how would you compare the cruise? I am asking because I sailed on the Paradise 3-day twice and had a different experience each time and a 4-day RCCL which was not our cup of tea. Of course all experiences are subjective. None of the short "quick getaway sails" compare to our longer cruises.

We've heard varying reports of the Imagination. Our cruise on her was Mom's and my Milestone cruise and it was the worst one we had been on. (We were hoping it was bad because it was the first cruise out of Long Beach.)

It was so bad the we decided to go on the Inspiration leaving 5/20 and had our best cruise.

OP---

Did you do AnyTime dining? If so, how was the line? The Imagination has the whole forward MDR as ATD and the hold up seems to be the shared tables.

Oh SadieN.... It seems like you have been on the LA Ensenada cruises about as many times as me and I'm going in the Imagination day after tomorrow (Thur 5/29) and now you have me concerned. At least I heard the piano bar entertainer is one of the most popular so I'll have that to keep me happy if nothing else! :)

Oh SadieN.... It seems like you have been on the LA Ensenada cruises about as many times as me and I'm going in the Imagination day after tomorrow (Thur 5/29) and now you have me concerned. At least I heard the piano bar entertainer is one of the most popular so I'll have that to keep me happy if nothing else! :)

Hopefully it has improved. The crew was great.

Please report back.

Wow. That's a very serious issue, and it's a little disheartening that so little was done about it. I think two free drinks hardly addresses such a serious breach of security.

DW and I have recently gone on the Imagination, and had a great time, although we definitely will not sail on her again. It's a bit too small (and old) for us, and since it normally does shorter itineraries, there tends to be more out-of-control drunks onboard (drunken fighting, hallway parties at 4 AM, etc), which we don't like being around. We had just come off the Victory the day before, and was able to make a good A-B comparison. It can't compare to the Victory, although I will say the food on the Imagination was so much better than the food on the Victory. It was the exact same menu, but almost everything was tastier. The ship is worth it depending on how good a price one gets, and what they're looking for.

Cheers

Michael

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

OP---

No, we did not have anytime dining we still like the traditional dining times

Interesting that they entered with a do not disturb sign. Would you mind sharing your cabin location?

The 3 day and 4 day cruises are always different from the 7+ day. If you went on another 3-4 day before how would you compare the cruise? I am asking because I sailed on the Paradise 3-day twice and had a different experience each time and a 4-day RCCL which was not our cup of tea. Of course all experiences are subjective. None of the short "quick getaway sails" compare to our longer cruises.

We have been on 3 and 4 day cruises before on both Carnival and RCCl this one was just different and not one of the best.

We usually do a 3 or 4 day cruise every May or whenever it works out to get away

We were on the Imagination in the end of January just before they changed the menus. I thought the food was pretty crappy. Everything seemed like it was reheated over and over or not fresh. All the buffet food was overcooked or not done enough. It just seemed the staff didn't care about the quality of anything. The MDR was the same. The waiter said if anything is bad to just ask for another one. Zero confidence it was ok. The pizza on the back was raw, and the lettuce for the salads were brown or old.

Flash to the Inspiration beginning of this month. The food was fresher, the staff more upbeat and welcoming. They also seemed to care more if we were enjoying ourselves. The Imagination not so much. Most of the staff seemed burdened to be there. After going on both ships so close in time, it just seemed there was more pride taken in the Inspiration than the Imagination.

I am hoping you will write a review short or long on your experiences. Have a great time!

I'm going in the Imagination day after tomorrow (Thur 5/29) and now you have me concerned. At least I heard the piano bar entertainer is one of the most popular so I'll have that to keep me happy if nothing else! :)

I was on the Imagination in early February and again in early March. Both cruises were great.

Yes, Marty Gast (the piano bar entertainer) is a blast. He sings all kinds of music, and he is fun. Some don't listen for very long because he is not mimicking what the original singers did and how they sang a song. He encourages you to sing along, puts his own fun twists on songs, changes words around, and even sings some really funny off color songs (usually later at night). He makes the experience fun rather than a concert.

If you like rock anthems from the 80's PLEASE do not miss Epic. It is one of the 2 best shows that Carnival offers (at least of the dozen or more that I have seen). Divas was also good, but Epic was, well, epic!!! :)

I thought the new menu was really good. One night out of the 8 nights eating in the MDR (2 four night cruises) we had slow service and the food was not nearly as good as other nights. But that was it. The other 7 nights we had great meals and the wait staff was excellent. And I/we (went solo on one of the cruises) waited very little doing ATD. Most nights I/we walked up and were seated. And while I don't do the deli very often, the room service meals I had were terrific. The shrimp salad sandwich is always great.

The DJs were also awesome. Not sure if the same guys are still there, but DJ Kapricon and DJ Chef Sur are great. One tends to concentrate on top 40 and Latin, while the other plays a lot of hip hop/rap. But then again, I am an OLD guy who is into that kind of music so....

Between the piano bar, the stage shows, and the nightclub, there was more than enough great entertainment to keep me busy til the wee hours of the morning. As for the day at sea, I was sleeping in from a very late night at the nightclub and didn't miss anything...:D

So don't be concerned about your cruise. Go see Marty Gast, Epic, Divas, hang out at the nightclub, and you will have a blast.

Bob

I was on the Imagination in early February and again in early March. Both cruises were great.

Yes, Marty Gast (the piano bar entertainer) is a blast. He sings all kinds of music, and he is fun. Some don't listen for very long because he is not mimicking what the original singers did and how they sang a song. He encourages you to sing along, puts his own fun twists on songs, changes words around, and even sings some really funny off color songs (usually later at night). He makes the experience fun rather than a concert.

If you like rock anthems from the 80's PLEASE do not miss Epic. It is one of the 2 best shows that Carnival offers (at least of the dozen or more that I have seen). Divas was also good, but Epic was, well, epic!!! :)

I thought the new menu was really good. One night out of the 8 nights eating in the MDR (2 four night cruises) we had slow service and the food was not nearly as good as other nights. But that was it. The other 7 nights we had great meals and the wait staff was excellent. And I/we (went solo on one of the cruises) waited very little doing ATD. Most nights I/we walked up and were seated. And while I don't do the deli very often, the room service meals I had were terrific. The shrimp salad sandwich is always great.

The DJs were also awesome. Not sure if the same guys are still there, but DJ Kapricon and DJ Chef Sur are great. One tends to concentrate on top 40 and Latin, while the other plays a lot of hip hop/rap. But then again, I am an OLD guy who is into that kind of music so....

Between the piano bar, the stage shows, and the nightclub, there was more than enough great entertainment to keep me busy til the wee hours of the morning. As for the day at sea, I was sleeping in from a very late night at the nightclub and didn't miss anything...:D

So don't be concerned about your cruise. Go see Marty Gast, Epic, Divas, hang out at the nightclub, and you will have a blast.

Bob

Sounds like you had a great time. The DD and I will have to try to do it all as well! Thanks!

Bob, thanks for putting our concerns to rest about ATD. I know the food situation is temporary.

Mom was so livid about our ATD wait (the line was past the elevators) that she looked at but wouldn't even consider going on that ship again.

I wanted to give it a second chance.

Now only to convince Mom.

Bob, thanks for putting our concerns to rest about ATD. I know the food situation is temporary.

Mom was so livid about our ATD wait (the line was past the elevators) that she looked at but wouldn't even consider going on that ship again.

I wanted to give it a second chance.

Now only to convince Mom.

Just in case this Grandma/mom will make sure to grab a glass of wine for line waiting.:D Hopefully MszKitty will give us the latest update. I hope your mom will give the ship a second chance.

Just in case this Grandma/mom will make sure to grab a glass of wine for line waiting.:D Hopefully MszKitty will give us the latest update. I hope your mom will give the ship a second chance.

Me too.

The other 'problem' we have is transportation. Mom and Sis like to take Metro from the San Fernando valley. The Sunday schedule is non-existent.

We thought Marty the piano player was awful. We went a couple of times and he was boring. He played a lot of oldies that I have never heard. And I am not a young person.The dj's were so loud at the pool that you couldn't even carry on a conversation.