How early??

Jeff&Mel

The only time we got to the ship early we started boarding between 11:30 and noon. But no matter what time you get on you can't go to you cabin. They are available between 1:00 and 1:30 unless there are problems. Then they could be later. We try to get to the ship about 1:30, shorter lines.

On our very first cruise no-one boarded until late in the afternoon as there had been an outbreak of Norovirus on the incoming cruise. The whole ship had to be deep cleaned and they wouldn't let anyone onboard until it had been cleared. It was total and utter chaos at the port (Barcelona) as everyone was crammed into a very small space. Some tempers got very frayed!

I know some people are huge fans of the boarding the nanosecond the gangway is open to new passengers to start their cruise portion of the vacation as soon as possible.

However, I am not one of them. I loathe standing in long line in crowded hot places doing absolutely nothing while waiting interminably. I much prefer to arrive later say around 1pm to much shorter lines and the distinct possibility that my cabin will be open and I can dump my carry on stuff.

There has always been plenty of time to eat and explore arriving at the pier later and I start my vacation off in a relaxed go at my pace mode and not tracking the increasing up ticks in my blood pressure fighting crowds.