Caribbean Airport Check In

We have just received flights for our cruise and the check in time for the flights are 4 hours before. I assume that this is when the check in opens and not when it closes, does anybody know what is the minimum check in time is.

Hi

Does seem a long check in time, our previous cruises to Caribbean have been

In general 3 hours , maybe they are concerned there may be delays at

security :confused:

Mrs Blue Sky

On previous P&O caribbean fly-cruises there has been absolute chaos at check-in and we were relieved to be a full 3 hours before take-off.

Not sure where you are flying from - but I'd rather waste an hour at the airport before my flight than miss it…..

We have just received flights for our cruise and the check in time for the flights are 4 hours before. I assume that this is when the check in opens and not when it closes, does anybody know what is the minimum check in time is.

We generally get there early as soon as check in opens about 4 hours before the flight, check in, and then go to one of the airport lounges (about £38 for two people) where we sit and relax and have breakfast.

Molly

I'm assuming that you're asking about check-in IN the Caribbean and not in the UK? That's the way I read the title "Caribbean Airport Check In".

If so, if you're on the P&O charter flight from Barbados, I've always found this really smooth and easy. Stay on the ship until you are called to get on the bus to the airport, 2 - 3 hours before the flight. Straight past the queuing masses at the airport (they have a specific lane for P&O cruise passengers), and into the terminal. Last time we only had enough time to grab some pop for the flight before our flight was called. We were only in the airport for about 30 minutes.

If I'm wrong and you're asking about flights FROM the UK to the Caribbean, it may depend on the airport how much delay you experience. Have found that London and Manchester can have long queues to check-in and delays getting through security. A couple of hours have easily gone doing just these two things. Birmingham we've found much quicker most of the time.

I also prefer to be at the airport early and know I'm there ready, rather than worrying about traffic and any potential problems en-route. I take my ipod and a book and settle in for the wait.

Enjoy your cruise and hope your airport experience is OK.