Cookies!!!

I love this thread! I have a tradition I call the Midnight Cookie Ritual. it involves heading down to the Promenade Cafe late after whatever shenanigans I have gotten up to that evening on board and grabbing a tea and several cookies, then eating them on the balcony and drinking my tea, looking out at the sea before retiring for the night. Mmmmmm cookies! I'm also a fan of the triple chocolate chunk and the Ranger cookies.

Mmmmmm cookies!

for all you coconut ranger cookie fans!!!

I will post the recipe this weekend...(after I make them).....so get ready....

(sorry...too busy right now...grandkids coming)

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to trying the recipe.:):):)

I find the responses regarding the regular vs. SF chocolate chip pretty amusing. I was on Oasis in April, and this trip I couldn't eat the regular ones, so I was looking for the SF ones. I asked and asked, and they didn't have them. Only SF lemon cookies. The SF chocolate chip ones appeared in the Cafe one evening ONLY and then they were gone.

So I had maybe 2 cookies the whole week and that was it. I missed them for sure, but then again, the 6 lbs I lost over the cruise made up for the lack of cookies.

Edited by njmomof2

I am going on the Adventure in July and am already getting excited for the promenade cafe cookies (yes very sad I know)... If anyone has photos or details of current flavours, please post to satisfy my cravings before I go.

You got me thinking about the best cookie in my world.SUGAR FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES.Royal Caribbean has the best. :)

Toffee crunch cookies are yummy!

We had english toffee cookies (are they the same thing?) on our Alaskan cruise several years ago. We put them over our mugs of hot chocolate on sea days as we watched the scenery pass by. They got all warm and soft.....SO YUMMY.

I haven't seen them since. The double chocolate ones are pretty tasty though!

I find the responses regarding the regular vs. SF chocolate chip pretty amusing. I was on Oasis in April, and this trip I couldn't eat the regular ones, so I was looking for the SF ones. I asked and asked, and they didn't have them. Only SF lemon cookies. The SF chocolate chip ones appeared in the Cafe one evening ONLY and then they were gone.

So I had maybe 2 cookies the whole week and that was it. I missed them for sure, but then again, the 6 lbs I lost over the cruise made up for the lack of cookies.

The easiest way to assure yourself of the cookies you want is this: ask your waiter for them in the main dining room on the first night at dinner. This is assuming you are partaking in the traditional dining either early or late seating. Most likely you won't get the cookies on that night for dessert, but you probably will the remainder of the cruise. Take them back to your cabin to eat later.

I have done this for the last many cruises we have been on, for regular chocolate chip cookies. I tell the waiter that I would like 'regular chocolate chips' for dessert everynight, and viola a plate of regular chocolate chip cookies is there every night.

No reason you could not do it for sugar free cookies as well.

And yes, I will admit for 'sugar free' cookies the peanut butter ones, are delicious!

for all you coconut ranger cookie fans!!!

I will post the recipe this weekend...(after I make them).....so get ready....

(sorry...too busy right now...grandkids coming)

Bowing down...........

THANK YOU!

I will eagerly await your post! :D

Toffee crunch cookies are yummy!

I have been on over 30 Royal cruises and each time begin a craving for the mudslide cookies days in advance...

Have I missed THESE? :eek:

All I saw on my recent Serenade cruise were the sugar-free chocolate chip, white chocolate with cranberries, oatmeal, and of course COCONUT RANGER COOKIES!

I'll be looking for these other ones next time for sure! :D

Coming from the UK and never yet having sailed with Royal Caribbean (first trip coming up in July), I have read this thread with GREAT interest. So, ladies, where do I go on Brilliance to find these yummy sounding cookies and what varieties are there please? I'm ready to take notes!

Oh, and can someone tell me please how many ounces there are in a cup measurement in US so that when love2cruiseforfree posts the recipe, I can join you all and give it a go. :D

coconut Ranger Cookie recipe:

1 cup shortening (butter flavor crisco)

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups flour

2 cups rice crispies

2 cups oatmeal

1 cup coconut

preheat oven to 350

in a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.

add flour ,baking soda, salt and baking powder.

mix until well blended.

mix in by hand, rice crispies, oatmeal and coconut.

form in rounded balls and place on lightly greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. (I bake on parchment paper.)

bake 350 until lightly browned 10-15 mins.

hope you all enjoy these....I am eating one now....! yum

Here is what is really sad. We are still eating cookies that I froze after our last cruise on the Freedom of the Seas 2 months ago. I love the mudslide cookies and my wife likes the peanut butter ones. I know you are not supposed to take food off the ship but I can't help myself.

Oh where is that LIKE button!

I agree!

I am in this club too! Just off Navigator and went straight to Cafe Prom for the Coconut, as it is usually the "day one" cookie! Also tried the new cranberry white choc this time and it was yummy too!

Just Google "ranger cookies" for many many recipes. They are all pretty much the same. Some use corn flakes instead of rice cereal. Some put chocolate chips in them. I think they would be the bomb with butterscotch chips and pecans added in. Yumm! Looking forward to my first Royal Cookie Experience in July!!

I just made the Ranger Cookies on the King Arthur web site. OMG, they are like CRACK!! So freaking good! I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. I've never been on a RCI cruise before so I don't know if they even put chips or nuts in them. But these that I made are just divine! Never going to lose the 5lbs before the cruise at this rate!

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/ranger-cookies-recipe

I just made the Ranger Cookies on the King Arthur web site. OMG, they are like CRACK!! So freaking good! I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. I've never been on a RCI cruise before so I don't know if they even put chips or nuts in them. But these that I made are just divine! Never going to lose the 5lbs before the cruise at this rate!

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/ranger-cookies-recipe

Anzura thank you so much for that link - it gives the equivalent measures for us here in UK to be able to make them too. :D