?s Carnival Pride Verses Victory

Maeshel

I would be interested in hearing compare and contrasting views of these two ships.

We had been on 4 RCL cruises and then cruised with Carnival with my son last Aug on Victory. I didn't care much for the ship, The food in the main dinning awful. Out of 6 days, there was only 1 meal that was memorable. I left most of the others on my plate. The staff's attention level was not up to what I have experienced on RCL. This was my sons second cruise with Carnival and his opinion of the ship was much the same as mine. He has been on more cruise than I have.

A co-worker, his 2nd cruise, just returned from Pride. He couldn't stop raving about the cruise. It seemed like everything that I thought was bad on Victory he raved about Pride. Food and everything.

We are considering a Dec cruise on Pride. I would like members who have sailed on both ships to compare and contrast their experiences before I give Carnival another chance.

Thank you.

Edited by Maeshel

Have only been on thePride. Just off on Sunday. This was my 20th cruise, 2nd onCarnival. I have been on almost every mainstream line and this was the best MDR food I have had. Not many dining choices compared to bigger, newer ships. The 24hr pizza made as ordered was also the best I've had on any cruise. Loved the 24hr ice cream and frozen yogurt. Just wish they had the good cookies like on RC and Princess.

The service was very good. Kind off slow at dinner. Our waitress had a newbie assistant and 4 large tables. Didn't meet any crew that weren't friendly.

Have only been on thePride. Just off on Sunday. This was my 20th cruise, 2nd onCarnival. I have been on almost every mainstream line and this was the best MDR food I have had. Not many dining choices compared to bigger, newer ships. The 24hr pizza made as ordered was also the best I've had on any cruise. Loved the 24hr ice cream and frozen yogurt. Just wish they had the good cookies like on RC and Princess.

The service was very good. Kind off slow at dinner. Our waitress had a newbie assistant and 4 large tables. Didn't meet any crew that weren't friendly.

You were on the same cruise as my co-worker. Like you, he raved about MDR and the pizza. That is the kind of imformation I am looking for before I give Carnival another chance.

Maybe it was just the ship we were on or they have have made changes. I would like to think it was just the ship. Keep the postings coming.

I see you were on Grandeur last year. I was on Grandeur last May then Oasis in September. I would loosely compare Pride to Grandeur. Smaller, older ships with less dining and entertainment options then the newer larger ships. Rccl maybe having a better dressed( don't flame me,they do have a stricter dress code)sometimes older more sedate crowd, although each cruise is different.

I think in Oct or Nov the Pride is getting the fun ship 2.0, with Guys burgers , ea sports bar, blue iguana cantina which has awesome burritos. The red frog bar and the blue tequila.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Notes: The Carnival Pride is scheduled to be out of service for dry-dock starting 10/19/14 until 11/09/14. In a press release that was released on January 30, 2014, Carnival announced that the Pride would be returning to Baltimore in March 2015 with new scrubber technology and some FunShip 2.0 features. The FunShip 2.0 features that Carnival included in the press release are Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Bonsai Sushi, WaterWorks, Hasbro the Game Show, Playlist Productions, EA Sports Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, RedFrog Pub, Red Frog Rum Bar, Library Bar, and the Cherry on Top. If you would like to read this press release on the Carnival News website please click here. Link will open in a new window.

Hope that helps

I would be interested in hearing compare and contrasting views of these two ships.

We had been on 4 RCL cruises and then cruised with Carnival with my son last Aug on Victory. I didn't care much for the ship, The food in the main dinning awful. Out of 6 days, there was only 1 meal that was memorable. I left most of the others on my plate. The staff's attention level was not up to what I have experienced on RCL. This was my sons second cruise with Carnival and his opinion of the ship was much the same as mine. He has been on more cruise than I have.

A co-worker, his 2nd cruise, just returned from Pride. He couldn't stop raving about the cruise. It seemed like everything that I thought was bad on Victory he raved about Pride. Food and everything.

We are considering a Dec cruise on Pride. I would like members who have sailed on both ships to compare and contrast their experiences before I give Carnival another chance.

Thank you.

Done both ships twice. Much prefer the Pride over the Victory. Our last Victory cruise was also disappointing when it came to food, as well as service.

Also prefer the layout of the buffet on the Pride with the different stations. Also prefer the layout of the ship, especially the Lido deck. Did not care for the closed in aft pool or closed in feel of the pool areas on the Victory.

Thank you.

I have been on both, I like the layout of Pride much better, however Victory was a better cruise in general. I swore I would not go on Pride again but since it will be getting the drydock and 2.0 upgrades I have booked a cruise next year.

Cruise experiences can be so very subjective, your coworker may have very different tastes and also have to remember that the ship has crew that go from ship to ship to work, so you may go on Victory again and have a different experience. I'd sail on Victory again in a heartbeat, the ship needs some work, but the crew were delightful back in January.

So for example, too, Liberty...was on Liberty in October, it is rated #3 of my 4 Carnival cruises but it is generally a top rated ship and rarely do you see a "bad" or unfavorable review for Liberty. It's beautiful and has the upgrades but we found service was lacking. Going on her again in October due to its new port location in Port Canaveral and the itinerary, taking my Mom this time, and hoping for a better experience. I have never had a "bad" cruise on Carnival, just some better than others. So far Legend (Pride's sister ship) was #1, Victory #2.

One last thing, you can't go on Carnival and expect RCL. If you want the RCL experience, stay on RCL.

Thanks all. The Dec. Pride cruise is looking a lot more likely. I'll give Carnival another go. Love the news on dry dock.

I see you were on Grandeur last year. I was on Grandeur last May then Oasis in September. I would loosely compare Pride to Grandeur. Smaller, older ships with less dining and entertainment options then the newer larger ships. Rccl maybe having a better dressed( don't flame me,they do have a stricter dress code)sometimes older more sedate crowd, although each cruise is different.

Granduer was the least favorite of the RCL ships I have been on. Been on Majesty twice and loved her. Unfortunately her itinerary is the same POCs every cruise. Really liked Navigator.

You are correct in "older more sedate crowd" especially on Granduer which was a repo cruise. OK with us. The wife is older than me and I will turn sixty in 2 months. So, I guess we fit into that "older more sedate crowd."

Edited by Maeshel

Pride is considered "older?" Really? I don't really pay any attention to the age of the ship. I'm actually a fan of Fantasy. I think she went into service in 1990!

Anyway, I've been on both Victory and Pride. I *much* prefer the layout of the Spirit-class ships. And I mean *much* prefer.

But, honestly, I don't think anyone's opinion about any one sailing on any one ship should be a big influence. People on the same sailing can have vastly different impressions of the same cruise.

I was on Conquest in November and enjoyed Guy's Burgers, but I really didn't miss it on Pride. The other 2.0 venues? Never really spent any time there. Pride has a great Serenity Deck, imho. Don't even know if Victory has one. She didn't when I sailed her, but that was from San Juan when it was a port every day. Basically, all I did was eat breakfast and dinner, and sleep.

I've never had bad food on any of my 19 Carnival cruises. I've never had what I'd consider poor service, although my cabin steward on Pride wasn't the best. The cabin was cleaned and the towels changed, and that's all I request.

Given the choice, I'd book a Spirit-class ship before any other. But, in reality, I'd base my decision on itinerary and price, not ship.

I am booked for the pride 6/15/14. I am really excited. It is my first cruise. Everytime I tell someone what ship I will be on they give me a discusted look. I am just going to ignore the haters have a great time and decide for myself😀

I am booked for the pride 6/15/14. I am really excited. It is my first cruise. Everytime I tell someone what ship I will be on they give me a discusted look. I am just going to ignore the haters have a great time and decide for myself

Good idea ! We loved our 2 cruises on the Pride. Now we are excited about the upgrades and will sail on her again !