Cruise-Friendly Boston Hotel??

Flacruiser123

Am so looking forward to departing out of Boston on the Enchantment on 9/11! Can someone recommend an affordable hotel in Boston that offers a free shuttle pick/up from the airport and/or shuttle from the hotel to the cruiseships?

My DH made reservations at the Wyndham @$195 a night - I'm hoping we can find something more reasonable???

Hi Flacruiser123 - We'll be on the same cruise with you (Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle Party?)

We're flying in the day before and are staying one night post cruise. I got our hotels through Priceline.

I bid $70 for a 4 star hotel at the airport (since we get in around 7 PM figured it'd be easier just to stay at the airport) so with taxes it comes to $86.55. We got the Hyatt Harborside. There are only two 4 star hotels at the airport. The Hilton and the Hyatt. There is a free shuttle to the Hyatt from the airport. If you get the Hilton, it is located AT the airport.

I bid $80 for a 4 star hotel downtown for post cruise and got the Hyatt Regency Boston Financial ($98.01 with taxes).

With these prices I don't need a free shuttle!! We'll be taking the water taxi from the Hyatt Harborside to the pier on Sept 11 for $10-15 per person. Depending on luggage situation, we might take the subway to the airport post cruise for only $1.25 per person.

I've used Priceline before for hotels and it has always been a positive experience. You do pay for the hotel in advance. If your bid is accepted, your credit card gets charged immediately.

Most Boston hotels offer a some form of shuttle service or there is affordable ones at the airport that bus you to different areas of Boston depending on your hotel. However, since the cruise ship terminal is so far out of the way in Boston, you'd better call hotels that offer airport transfers to see if they also offer ship transfers. To my knowledge, most do not. Happy hunting! :)

Archived