Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Ugh! I took Micro-economics but not macro. Don't remember a thing about it except that I had Dr Pulikanda. And yes, he was as heavily accented as he sounds.:rolleyes: Nice guy though.

i'm back on track with WOEX but the WOE is still iffy. I have some things to work out of the house and then I really need to get back to low carb. I feel best when I'm doing that and it's an easy thing to do in the summer. I really want to get this weight off before I make an 11 hour flight to Italy next May. It's a whole lot better than it was 45 pounds ago but still not as comfortable flying as it could be.

That's the trip we're working on now. Next year is our 20th anniversary so we're going to go to Italy as a family. I can't wait! I'm so excited. I've always wanted to go.

Oops, little man is up from his nap. Gotta run. Talk to you soon.

Tami

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have enjoyed everyone's comments and think having a buddy is wonderful. About 5 years ago I lost 100lbs and gained more then half back! Now in the past year have lost 50bls and would like to loose another 60lbs total. I am crusing again in august and would like to loose 20lbs which is fairly realistic. I basically eat high protien, low carb and try to stay away from sugar (easier to say then do). I have a bike and love to ride at parks by me, and I belong to a gym and have also had a trainer and do circuit training. I am just unmotivated right now and need to get a boost! But I think this thread is wonderful and look forward to reading other posts.

Hello My Sisterhood :D

I have missed talking to you all but i hope you all understand. I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello to you all. I am doing ok and i have lost 73 pounds so far. After my iodine radiation treatment back in March i started doing the treadmill again and now i am up to 8 miles a week. I didn't get a chance to read what has been going on so i hope everyone is doing fine. Good Luck to ALL of You and i will keep in touch again. PROMISE ;)

Gotta run for now so have a great night everybody!!!!!!!!!

HUGS & KISSES

~~Debbie~~

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm still here. Just flying around like an insane woman. Glad to hear things are going well. I've been kind of stuck here for a while but I haven't been working very hard either. I set July 1 as a date to get back on track and I've been doing well at sticking to it. We're going to Italy next May and I want to get this other 50 pounds off by then.

Tami

I would love to join in with you guys. I am going on the Noordam to Alaska on Sept 24 & really need to lose about 60 lbs. I keep trying to do it alone but it just doesn't seem to work. If I have some support here maybe that will help out. I really need to exercise more every day. I try to go out & walk on my lunch hour, but weather prohibits that sometimes as I am in beautiful Maine where the weather is very fickle. I hope this helps me...:) :) :) :)

Hi,

How are y'all doing? I have two cruises coming up, one in October and one in December. I am a paying member of Weight Watchers but I haven't been doing well. I'll do good one week and then bad the next week. I NEED to do better so I can drop some weight before our Oct. 14 sail date. Not counting this Saturday (weigh in day) I'll have 13 weeks to lose. So much for me losing 50 lbs by then but I could still lose about 30.

I just had a pool put in and I have an elliptical trainer and a subdivision to walk in. I NEED to start exercising! I know it would make a big difference!

I hate my pictures and I know my husband hates that! I NEVER like any of the pics we have taken and never put any up in the house! It would really help for me to lose!

I'd love to join y'all and chat!!

April

Hi there I need to lose quite a bit of weight but as a start I would like to lose at least 25 by my dec 6 cruise. I am going to start eating better tomorrow and also will start walking and then go from there. This is a great thread!

Hi all well i have to really get moving soon lol like now . I am going to LA in Sept and would love to have lost 25lbs . I have done weight watchers and would love to have that work for me as i think its the most normal diet lol . Any suggestions as to what is good and WORKS lol .

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I am definitely in the 100+lbs-to-lose club. My long-term goal is 125 lbs, with a short-term goal of 20 lbs. during the course of this 30-day cleanse program I'm on right now.

It's going really well; I've dropped 11 lbs in the first two weeks, so I'm right on track to achieve my short-term goal. I felt so good that first week I even got my daughter on it -- she's skinny, but it's also good for energy and joint pains, which she had (mysteriously) been suffering from, and she's already had good results, too.

In fact, I heard about this program through the manager of my gym, who was also thin and fit to start with, but he looked amazing and his skin was glowing and I asked what was going on. I was thrilled to hear about it because I was just SO ready to start losing this weight!

I'm one of those people who feel like I've "tried everything" -- yes, including sensible diets and regular exercise (gym manager, remember?) -- but I seems to experience these excruciatingly long plateaus and just totally lose motivation. He got me on this program and is really helping me stay on track, it's great.

I'd love to check in here. I'm also on some other threads (to lose 10% by my fall cruise, and for the exercise check-in) but it's special to me to be with people who know what it's like to look at a three-digit weight loss number. I've always found that so intimidating I stop before I start; this time, somehow, it seems really doable.

Thanks for this thread. I look forward to getting to know you all.

-D

Hi there....

Actually I could stand to lose 150 lbs to be "normal" but both my MD and I would be happy with 100!! So far I have lost 30 pounds on Atkins, but I am becoming bored with the low carb options...Anyway I just wanted to get started on this thread too...I am also on the 10% in 3 months thread and the Atkins...And Empress I'm gonna e-mail you about your cleanse program, too....Cruising in 10 days if Hurricane Dean (or some other nasty storm) doesn't create too much havoc...

Hello all,

I am definitely in the 100+lbs-to-lose club. My long-term goal is 125 lbs, with a short-term goal of 20 lbs. during the course of this 30-day cleanse program I'm on right now.

It's going really well; I've dropped 11 lbs in the first two weeks, so I'm right on track to achieve my short-term goal. I felt so good that first week I even got my daughter on it -- she's skinny, but it's also good for energy and joint pains, which she had (mysteriously) been suffering from, and she's already had good results, too.

In fact, I heard about this program through the manager of my gym, who was also thin and fit to start with, but he looked amazing and his skin was glowing and I asked what was going on. I was thrilled to hear about it because I was just SO ready to start losing this weight!

I'm one of those people who feel like I've "tried everything" -- yes, including sensible diets and regular exercise (gym manager, remember?) -- but I seems to experience these excruciatingly long plateaus and just totally lose motivation. He got me on this program and is really helping me stay on track, it's great.

I'd love to check in here. I'm also on some other threads (to lose 10% by my fall cruise, and for the exercise check-in) but it's special to me to be with people who know what it's like to look at a three-digit weight loss number. I've always found that so intimidating I stop before I start; this time, somehow, it seems really doable.

Thanks for this thread. I look forward to getting to know you all.

-D

Hi,

What program are you doing? I'd be interested in hearing about it! We sail Oct. 14th and I haven't lost anything! Silly me!

I'm thinking about trying out the sacred heart diet before we go,,,,I know it wouldn't be something I can stick with forever but maybe I can at least thin my face a little bit and the bumps in my suit! :-)

Hi Gaga - I'm really excited about my new program as I've had great results and am really enjoying it, but trying not to clog up these boards with my personal experience. Please feel free to email me at Denise AT aaatyping DOT com (replace AT and DOT appropriately) and I will happily write to you about what I'm doing!

In any event, have a GREAT time on your upcoming cruise. I'm so excited about my Crown cruise in October I think about it every day.

-D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm Sherri. :D I absolutely have loved reading your posts.

My story is I began gaining when I got married 27 years ago gradually and have never lost a pnd. 100 pnds to lose. I would love some help. I have seen people lose and gain more than before. Never found anyone who could lose as much as I need to and keep it off. I'm probably too anxious to try. Anyone got any suggestions?

I cruise Dec. 15th. I have gotten the cutest clothes with my "ebay therapy". :o Most of them were a size or two smaller so it would motivate me. I got a new swim suit from Dillards. Oh my gosh it's cute, but oh my.... The "hail damage" that shows everywhere may cause everyone to abandon ship.

Well. That's my story. Any suggestions to get me started would be great. How much could I lose by Dec. 15th?

Our next Cruise is Oct 2008, this should give plently of time to drop some major pounds. I have just droped 5 lbs, and another 95 would be wonderful, but I am not sure if that is realistic. I would like to lose at least another 45.

I have done Atkins, love the program however last time lost 30 and gained it all back.

Any ideas, what has worked for you.

Thanks, Alison :confused:

Hi Tami and all,

I have been away "weigh" too long. I'd love to say all is well with my weight. It is not. I am getting back on track. I may have told you I am going on a cruise for my BD March 11, 2008.

There is so much to catch up on...

Work: Lots of personnel and job responsibility changes -some good some not so good --either way gotta keep it moving

School: Started the program at John Carroll. I like it. Made it through a prerequisite economics course from h e double toothpicks this summer.

Natalie

Hi Natalie you have been gone for awhile. I actually haven't posted here but the Cruise Diet Count down Club are looking for Tami(Adoptmom) she has always been a regular but haven't heard anything since July. You haven't heard from her have you?

Thanks Dianne

Archived