Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Anybody out there looking to loose 100 + lbs?

I have set myself a goal of 100 lbs by my November 2006 cruise and would love a buddy to work through this. I figure if someone else is looking to loose a lot of weight they would be a good match.

I'm not on any plan, just sensible eating and exercise.

Started two days ago so lots of time to join in with me:D

Cheers,

Digital Curator

It sounds to me like your goal is realistic - maybe I should revise mine! My goal is to lose 120 lbs by November 2006.

I have joined WW, but have been faltering the last few weeks - it would be great to have a buddy in this. I have never done this in an on-line situation so I may need a few pointers! :)

Hey Blue-eyed!

I would not give up on your 120 lb. goal- that's still less than 10 lbs a month.

I have belonged to WW but am really trying to do this on my own this time- might give in though as I do like the program.

What day do you weigh in? I can check my weight on the same day and we can post losses together. I find the buddy thing is also good for recipe swaps, charting exercise, etc.

It's nice just to know someone out there has the same goal as me- it's hard to relate with someone who has to loose 5 lbs. sometimes:D

Cheers,

I just wanted to wish you both the best, YOU CAN DO IT!! :D

I have lost 55 lbs. doing Low Carb from Feb. 04-Dec. 04! I have put some of that weight back on, but working to get it back off for our Oct. cruise. I've done WW 11 year's ago and it is a good program too.

Hi Digital Curator:

I know what you mean about finding it difficult to relate to someone who only has 5 pounds to lose! That is the situation with most of my friends, and I must say I find it discouraging at times! Especially when they tell me how "fat" they are!

My weigh-ins are Thursday nights. The program is great. I did it before for 9 months and lost 58 pounds. Unfortunately, I gained 30 of it back in the last 2 years! I tried on my own, and did moderately well, just by cutting out sugar, but I want results faster so I just joined again.

What do you do for exercise? I belong to a gym and do walking and weights.

I know we can do this! It is great to have a buddy system going though!

Hi GinandAl!

Congratulations on your weight loss - that is terrific. You should certainly be very proud of yourself, and I have no doubt you be able to get back on track for October! And thank you for the words of encouragement - sometimes that is all I really need to hear!

Thanks Ginny and congrats on your impressive weight loss!

Blue Eyed- I don't have an exercise program at the moment- part of the problem:D I have started to walk an hour every other day and will increase this if the heatwave ever breaks! I have weights at home that I will start to use.

I see that these are your only posts on the board- are you new to cruising or just the site? What cruise are you looking into at the moment?

Cheers,

I prefer doing my walking outside, but I have to admit that in the heat I am glad that I belong to the gym and can do my cardio there!

I am new to the board, as well as cruising. I have never cruised before, but a friend and I just booked a singles cruise in November. Neither of us has cruised before, and so we aren't sure what to expect. We are going with Carnival, mainly because of the cost, but it also goes to the places we wanted to go - Western Caribbean. I know I will be no where near where I want to be by November, but I am going to set a mini-goal for that. Although I haven't decided what I think I can do in the next 3 1/2 months!

What cruise are you doing next year?

I haven't been on Carnival but my DH and I loved our first cruise with RCI last January. We have now booked a repositioning cruise, again with RCI for next November.

There is a lot of great info on these boards so you be an expert before you even get on the ship:D

You could speak to your WW leader but I always figure that about 7 lbs. a month is a safe target (10 if you are doing really well, 5 if it's coming off a little slower).

Cheers,

These boards are a great idea! What a fantastic way to find out about the cruise line, the ship and the ports! This can be addicting though!

I missed my weigh in tonight because I had to take a relative to the airport, but I made an appointment with a personal trainer at the gym for Monday, so I will be getting on the right track!

I decided my goal for this November is going to be 30 pounds. I have just over 16 weeks, so that is a little less than 2 lbs a week - I know if I am good I can do that! There, it's it writing, so I have to keep that! :)

Welcome Solitude!

I think it will help for me to have people in a similar boat (excuse the pun) as me! Any encouragement and support we can offer each other will only help. Have you set a goal for March? Are you following any particular program?

For me I have to set these mini-goals, because if I look at the total amount I have to lose it is somewhat discouraging!

This is great to have the support!

Hi!

My goals are really to just lose all the weight or at least be alot slimmer by the time we cruise.

I'm just doing a sensible plan of cutting back on everything bad like sugar,salt,soda pop,and junk food and fast food..i've been at it for about a week now and i really can tell a difference.

I am also starting Billy Blanks Boot Camp and i KNOW that will help sooo much!

The feeling is so great,i cannot believe i allowed myself to live any other way! I just got tired of poisoning my body and saying no to everything in my life except food.

So..now i say yes to living,enjoying life and taking a cruise to a beautiful place!

Good Luck to all!

I agree blueeyed- I have set 10- 10 lb. goals so that I don't have to think about such a large number:D

Welcome solitude! What is your goal loss?

I figure we can all weigh in on the same day as blue eyed since she has a specific day to do it. I'm trying really hard not to step on the scales before then.

My walking plans keep getting thwarted- I keep going places where people insist on driving me 'cause of the heat;) I must get tougher about this....

Cheers

Hi all- I did have almost 100 to lose but now I'm down 30 pounds. I've been plateaued for a while due to other stress going on around here like taking care of my grandma while she's in the nursinghome. I'm working on getting started back on track but it's hard now that I lost momentum. I do modified low carb/southbeach. The key for me in maintaining what I lost has been exercise and I lost inches even without losing pounds. I try to do a combination of cardio and strength training 4-5 days a week. It's easy in the summer with this heat because we have a pool. 2 days a week I do circuit training with pool running and lower body work out. 2 days I swim laps for 20 min and then do upper body. I also ice skate or if the weather is too bad to be in the pool I have an indoor bike and an elliptical trainer that I can jump on for 30 minutes.

One suggestion I'd make is that if you're having trouble getting in your cardio go by a pedometer. You can get them for under $4 at walmart that will give you steps and miles or kilometers walked. Shoot for at least 10,000 a day. When my grandma broke her hip at Christmas I was spending all day every day in the hospital so I used the pedometer to try and keep my exercise up. I know it's the reason I maintained my weightloss and didn't put the 30 back on.

Tami

Hi all! It's so great to find people in the same position as me. I have 100+ lbs. to lose and would love some moral support and encouragement as well. I have lost 30lbs. this summer and would love to lose another 40-50 before our cruise. Let me know when you're weighing in, I'd love to join in. This is our first cruise and the motivation for weight loss has been amazing!

event.png

My cruise is Sept 24th, but I would like to lose 100 lbs by next year. So I am with you. I will start tomorrow. I have a bad knee and have been unable to use my exercise bike, but I am going to go for it anyway. I need to lose 50lbs to have knee surgery, and walking really hurts because of the hard surface, so the bike it is. I know we can do this together. Here's to losing.

Shelley

Welcome everyone! This is so great to see all of the people that we can get (and give) support to! Congratulations adoptmom and 10 years of bliss for the great work. 30 pounds is a lot and you should be very proud of yourselves!

I have to admit I haven't been doing very well this weekend. Having set up a time with a personal trainer at the gym on Monday I keep telling myself that I will start Monday, so I haven't been watching what I do over the weekend! I know I will get back on track, but I wish I could just stop making excuses now!

This is great - we can do it! :)

Anybody out there looking to loose 100 + lbs?

I have set myself a goal of 100 lbs by my November 2006 cruise and would love a buddy to work through this. I figure if someone else is looking to loose a lot of weight they would be a good match.

I'm not on any plan, just sensible eating and exercise.

Started two days ago so lots of time to join in with me:D

Cheers,

If I ever help with support or advice, pls let me know.

I lost 146 pounds 25 years ago and it is still gone.

It can be done and it is so worth it!

CG

Welcome All!

Caviargal- congrats! That's really amazing. Any tips and pointers will be appreciated.

Blue-eyed- think of us when you feel like a lapse. Every time I take a bite of something that's not great for me know I say do I want this or do I want to loose the weight. Knowing that I am going to post how many pounds I lost on Thursday to you all is really helping me stay on track!

Cheers,

Caviargal -

Wow! That is so great! How did you lose the weight and how do you keep it off?

blueeyed -

You can do it! I have weekends like that sometimes too, but as long as I do the right thing the majority of the time I still keep losing.

Hi 10 years... its drom MOM.. i have tracked you down here!!! I actually would love to lose 50 lbs.. any and all before the cruise..

I hate what has happened to me in the last 20 years.. it has crepted up on me!!

What you you doing to lose 30 lbs already..

I have trouble organizing my week..scheduling what food to buy and cook..

Any suggestions from anyone.. I NEED TO GET STARTED!!! HELP>>>

So how much can i lose in the 4 months before our cruise???

I tried several different diets by the time I was 16 and yo yo'd up and down til I hit a high of 289 pounds.

I made a commitment at age 24 to a healthy lifestyle and changed my thinking.

WW worked for me and back then it was a pain; all that weighing and measuring. It took 18 months.

I started running on Jan 1, 1985 and never stopped. In May of 1995 I added weight training. Three years ago I added power yoga.

I now eat a healthy diet focused on lean protein (fish, legumes), lots of salads and veggies and fruit. I stopped eating certain things 24 years ago and never added them back to my diet. I eat no butter, cream, etc. I stick to a lowfat regime and cooked with olive oil in small amounts.

It is truly a lifetime commitment! And there is nothing easy about it.

Good luck to all of you....

CG

You can do this! I was in the same boat last summer and hey, i'm 90 pounds lighter this summer than I was last summer :) I still have 40 pounds to go but I'm now doing weight training and it has slowed my progress on the scale, although I'm still losing inches and sizes.

If I may share some tips that I've learned over the past year:

Any "diet" has the potential to work. As long as you're eating less calories than you're burning in a day, you WILL lose weight. Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach, the Zone, low fat etc, just do whatever seems comfortable to YOU, something that YOU believe you'd be able to stick to for the rest of your life! It's important to get out of the "diet" mentality, you're not making all this effort just to go back to your old habits and gain everything back!

Eat small meals, several times a day. This really DOES work wonders. Eating 6 meals a day will burn more calories than eating the same amount of food 3 times a day. Calorie tapering also seems to work best, if you eat your biggest meals in the morning, and then eat less calories in your last meals of the day. This is the complete opposite of how we usually eat (skip breakfast, quick lunch, HUGE supper) so it takes some getting used to, but you DO get used to it.

NEVER EVER skip a meal. Starving yourself is not the way to lose weight. When you're hungry you're much more likely to cheat and eat something you shouldn't! It's especially important to get a good breakfast in, skipping breakfast will only slow down your metabolism and make it harder for you to lose any weight.

Track your food. Fitday.com is free! You don't need to do this every day, but it's amazing how people underestimate the caloric content of food, fitday will give you a good idea of how many calories you are REALLy eating and what the breakdown protein/carbs/fat is.

Drink a TON of water. You are supposed to divide your weight by 2, and that's the amount of ounces of water that you should be drinking at a MINIMUM each day. This is your body's minimum requirements to function properly. Water will help with hunger as well! Sometimes when you feel hungry, it's really just your body telling you you need water, the brain doesn't always interpret thirst as well, thirst. Make it a habit to drink 1-2 cups of water with EVERY meal. You can drink other beverages (depending on which "diet" you choose to follow) but you should not include them in your water count.

Well, those tips helped me alot, I wish you all the best of luck :)

So how much can i lose in the 4 months before our cruise???

That really depends on what your current weight is right now. Someone with 200 pounds to lose may lose very quickly at first, while someone with 10 pounds to lose may need months to take off those last 10 pounds. A good rule of thumb is that you can reasonably expect to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week of FAT. There are ways to lose weight faster, but those are usually diets that dehydrate you and make you lose water weight, looks impressive on the scale, however doesn't accomplish very much! When I started last summer I was averaging 2-3 pounds a week, about 10-12 pounds a month. However, it slowed down as I got smaller in size.

Archived