Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Well done reggierail!

Blueeyed- I'm in the same boat (but no excuses for us next week, eh?:D )

No change- not up or down.

I got a free offer to try a local gym for 30 days so I start Monday! I'm going to walk there when my husband goes to work, work out, and walk home.

Still need to get back to my water routine as well.

I have also been slipping with healthy lunches, so I'm adding that to my goals this week as well.

Cheers,

Good job Reggie!

And good job Digital Curator on maintaining! That is awesome, especially considering the frustrating week you have had!

I am with you on the no excuses next week! I will be down - despite going to visit my very skinny friend this weekend! :)

Your plan with the gym sounds great. I have found that it helps me going first thing in the morning - I have a much harder time talking myself out of going! And so far I haven't missed a day that I planned on going.

We will get there - and we can amaze everyone next week with our losses! :)

Everyone have a great weekend!

Good job Reggie!

We will get there - and we can amaze everyone next week with our losses! :)

Everyone have a great weekend!

I need 2 more lbs. by Sunday and I will get a reward.

I found some low carb pasta(angel hair, spaghetti and penne pasta).

It's got about twice the protien and 1/3 of the carbs.

With butter and olive oil, parmesan and some mozzarella,

some basil, oregano and garlic. My mouth is watering already.

Then it's back to the regimen next week.:rolleyes:

Reggie:D

Hello all! I would love to join your thread. Let me start by telling a little about myself...

My name is Jess I am 25 and live in Pennsylvania. I am married (1yr on 9/25), no kids, and work in marketing as my day job, and run a wedding wear business on the internet as well. Overall, my goal is to loose 105 lbs. and I have already taken off 20 in the past month (I was having gallbladder problems and then surgery to remove it, hence the huge loss in such little time).

I just started WW this week in hopes to keep the weight loss going strong and I am following the Flex plan. My Dr. suggests that I reach for a goal of 180 for the time being and then we will re-evaluate. I am currently 265 and hating every ounce of fat that is hanging off my body! Even in my thinner days I was blessed with a Pam Anderson bust and a JLo behind, which thankfully has kept me looking proportioned and not as heavy as I actually am.

My Dr. suggested that I stay away from potatoes and all other wheats and flowers, however I am keeping a limited amount of multi-grain pitas and wraps within my diet. I was raised by an italian grandmother and I am going to have a hard enough time letting go of my pasta and breads!!!

So far I am having two major chalanges. The first being that I am having a horrible time trying to eat all my points on WW! I used to be the type of person who would just eat dinner and then maybe an evening snack, thats it! However, now it feels as if I have to eat just about every hour from the time I get out of bed to the time I put my head upon my pillow for the evening. Between all the food and water I feel as if I am going to explode!

My second challange is finding the time and energy to exercise. I was quite ill with gallbladder problems for the last 4 months, and have lost any endurance and muscle that I once had. I managed to go for a 20 min walk a few nights ago and that was even a struggle. And now that I am going to be returning to work full-time with a business to run on the side, I do not know where I am going to find the time to fit it all in.

Good morning ya'll...

Congrats to all that lost weight this past week, and for those that gained or maintained - try to remember to keep the big picture in your mind. Muscle weighs more than fat - so if you're working out religiously - you may gain a pound or so - but it doesn't mean that you've slipped backwards.... PAT yourself on the back for working so hard. (I need to save this pep talk for when I get to that point too... :o )

Last week, I lost 1.2 lbs - and this week I'm down 2.6 lbs. 15lbs all together - and right at about 20 inches. I'm about ready to start incorporating some type of excercise into my day - but I tend to over-do it (cuz I want it all NOW) and end up re-hurting myself and not being able to do anything again for 2 weeks. I have to keep reminding myself of the overall picture....

If I were to lose 1lb each day before my cruise - I'd be down to 3lbs... LOL so my goal is to lose an average 2-3 lbs a week...(2.5 would be ideal) - and I'll be pretty close to my goal weight by cruise time.

I have a silly question - what happens to all the stretched out skin when we lose weight? How do we ward against the flabby skin hanging down to our knees? I know excersize and water - but what happens if you can't do a lot of streneous exercize? Will my skin sag to my toes then? I look at my belly now, and it's starting to look like cottage cheese... LOL

Thanks for all ya'lls help. Just reading all your posts helps me to stay on track...whether I post or not. sometimes work gets so busy - I don't have time to check the boards during the week.

Good luck to ya'll....

Deb

Deb, the cottage cheese may not be loose skin per say. When we have quite a bit of weight to lose and you hit your 20-50 lb mark your fat tends to break down and get lumpy. Until you are at a point where you have toned muscles you sometimes get stuck with the lumps of fat.

The extra skin comes later if you have been quite overweight for a long period of time and your skin has been stretched beyond its limits and is unable to shrink back up. If this happens you will notice a flap of skin along your waist line. Sometimes you also end up with a crease up your middle as well. You can try to tone under the skin, but the only way to really get rid of it is a tummy tuck or body lift.

Yup loose skin completely depends on your age, genetics, how much weight you lost etc. If you lose over 100 pounds it's likely that you'll have some amount of loose skin.

Jess, I know what you mean about not being able to eat all that food! I felt the same way when I switched from eating 2 meals a day on Atkins to 6 (smaller) meals a day. The first few weeks I had to really force myself to eat. Then the week after, I noticed I was getting hungry! I guess that's a sign your metabolism speeds up when you feed it (as long as you're not OVERfeeding it) but it was likely you were UNDERfeeding it before so it had slowed down.

As for fitting time in for exercise, well... you have to! Everyone has the same amount of hours in a day, people chasing kids around all day and then working evenings and still finding time to exercise. Maybe split it up, don't try to set aside a whole time slot right away, but maybe do 5 minute walks at first etc but do several of them a day. Park further away from the building when you go do groceries or go to work, the little things will add up. Then when you're more recovered just add in some higher intensity and some weight training, and then when you're fully recovered you can switch to interval cardio.

Hazel, yup I was definately underfeeding myself! There is no doubt there. The eating is getting a bit easier, but I still wake up every morning feeling stuffed. I have also started eating some low-fat instead of fat-free products so that my points go a bit quicker as well. As for the exercise you bring up a good point, there are all sorts of little things that I can do that will add up!

Thanks!!!

Day 27, weight loss 34 lbs.

With a starting weight of 335, I've now lost 10% of my body weight and if I lose another pound tomorrow, I will be at 300 lbs., never to be that heavy again.:o

Wish me luck as tomorrow is also my birthday and my reward day too. I get to have a small portion of pasta with dinner tomorrow if I get down to 300 lbs.:rolleyes:

Hang in there everyone and keep up the great job. It will be so worth it as we strut our new lean bodies by the pool on our next cruise.:eek:

Reggie:

Wow how are you losing more than a pound a day?

They say, "The bigger you are they faster it falls", or something like that.;)

I'm doing low carb and trying to stay under 10 grams of carbs per day with no simple carbohydrates(sugars). I won't be able to keep up this breakneck pace as every pound I lose makes the next pound harder. I'd like to be down 60 lbs. by the end of September and 75 by the end of November.

I'll try and maintain my weight in December and then begin toward my eventual goal of losing 110 lbs. by June 9, 2006.

Reggie you're doing awesome!

I'm starting Atkins induction tomorrow. Was doing great on Body for Life but I hurt myself and have to cool it with the exercise for a bit. I figure I may as well go back to low carb during this time. When I started Atkins last summer I was losing pretty fast (I started at 267 pounds). I'm at 182 pounds today though so I'm not expecting anything dramatic this time around. Still, hey 90 pounds in a year, that's not bad ;) Still have 40 pounds to go, wish me luck :)

By the way, what pasta are you taking for your reward tomorrow? I could eat Dreamfields on Atkins without getting knocked out of ketosis, I'm just not going to go that route this time, I have HORRIBLE problems with portion control on pasta!

Reggie you're doing awesome!

When I started Atkins last summer I was losing pretty fast (I started at 267 pounds). I'm at 182 pounds today though so I'm not expecting anything dramatic this time around. Still, hey 90 pounds in a year, that's not bad Still have 40 pounds to go, wish me luck :)

90 pounds is fantastic and shows your commitment. Kudos to you Hazel.;)

We'll have to keep each other motivated. What's your time frame for the last 40 pounds? Each pound now is a larger percentage of your weight than before so you can't expect as much.

By the way, what pasta are you taking for your reward tomorrow? I could eat Dreamfields on Atkins without getting knocked out of ketosis, I'm just not going to go that route this time, I have HORRIBLE problems with portion control on pasta!

I found a pasta at Big Lots, Bella Vita. It's made with defatted soy flour, durum wheat semolina and wheat germ. Per 37 gram serving it has 14 grams total carbohydrate and 16 grams of protien. Still a lot of carbs, but every now and then we all need a treat.

If I drop that last pound by tomorrow, I'll give it the taste test.

I know what you mean about pasta. If there was a pasta diet, I'd be on it.

I can't really put a time frame on that last 40 pounds, because you're right, it WILL be alot slower. I'm fully carbed up and bloated right now, so I'm expecting the initial water loss to take me down to 178 or so, and from there I'm hoping for about 2 pounds a week for now. I'm sure that'll slow down when I get closer to my goal weight. I have a cruise in 50 days, so lets say losing 15 pounds by then would be great. Hopefully more, but 15 pounds will still bring me to the lowest weight I ever recall being. (I'm currently in a size 14 in jeans, wearing a pair of size 13 dress pants for work, haven't tried 12s yet. I've NEVER in my life worn a size 10 though so that's my goal, to get into a size 10!)

Day 28, 36 pounds.

I'm at 299 now and am a happy puppy.;)

Now for my reward, PASTA, but just a little and it is low carb pasta.

Reggie - you're doing fantastic, good for you!! Would you mind telling me what kind of diet you're currently on? I know you said very low carb, but could you give me some examples of what's working for you? I'm in a similiar boat as you and am pretty clueless about foods, etc that are acutally "healthy" and condusive to losing this weight. I've read so much that I now know more then I ever have, which is good and I'm on the right track. I can't believe I just never knew what I was putting into my body before. But I would still like to know what foods I could/should eat day in and day out to get these kind of results. I have started going to the gym again in the morning and I know this will help as well. Are you also excerising daily? Thanks!!

And good job to everyone!! This thread has helped me immenesly, even though this is the 1st time I posted to it!! :)

Way to go Reggie! I would also love to hear what your diet consists of... I weigh in on Tues and I have a feeling it is not going to be pretty! This is my first week getting my body out of starvation mode and I don't think my metabolism has kicked in yet. Oh well, I know that better things are to come.

Here's a sample of what I eat on my low carb diet:

For breakfast i have eggs, fried, scrambled or I make an omelette. You can even have eggs benedict just lose the muffin. To my scrambled eggs or omelette I will add chilis (I like 'em hot), bell peppers, mushrooms, onions and a lot of cheese. I'll have bacon, ham or sausage and on occasion I'll take 2 cans of corned beef and one can of corned beef hash and mix together in a frying pan. It will give 6-8 servings of corned beef hash with a lot less of the potatoes. Each serving will have between 5&7 grams of carbs. I'm careful when using sausage or other processed meats as many contain carbs so I use those with none or very few carbs. And I have my coffee with real cream.

For lunch I'll make a chicken salad or ham or egg or tuna using mayo or my own bleu cheese dressing. Put in a little onion, some celery, chopped bell peppers and chopped olives or pickles. When I'm in a hurry I'll just do a couple of hard boiled eggs and maybe some summer sausage and a few chunks of hard cheese, some sliced bell peppers and olives.

Dinner will be any variation on beef, pork, poultry or fish. I can whip up some pretty tasty sauces that have little or no carbs. I've also been known to have a lobster tail, shrimp or crab all with drawn butter. Some asparagus, cauliflower or brocolli goes well with a nice big chunk of butter and a drop or 2 of lemon juice. How does a standing rib roast and asparagus with hollandais sauce sound, it sounds great to me.

For dessert I'll have some of my home made cheese cake or some sugar free jello with a big old dollop of whipped cream.

Thanks! I think I'm finding it so hard to go carb-free (besides b/c I love them!) b/c I do not eat red meat or pork, so that limits me a little. Plus, I'm picky, believe it or not, but much better then I used to be. I do like some veggies (Broccoli, califlower, squash, zucchini, green beans) but my BF won't eat any veggies. I also love salads, but he doesnt eat them. So cooking at home is a bit of a pain b/c I'm always making 2 separate dishes! I guess I should go online and look for some carb-free easy to make meals...Any suggestions?

Hi All, I lost 2.4 pounds. Weighed in on friday. We went out of town for the weekend and did not have time to post before we left. I hope everyone's week is going good.

Blue Eyed, please don't get discouraged. Just keep your goal in mind, and one or two gains won't hurt in the long run..try for progress, not perfection Connie.

Archived