Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Thanks everyone for your good words....

Caviargirl, I had lost 20 pounds this winter prior to cruising on the Mariner. Unfortunately, I stopped for the cruise, and never re-started. I plan to pick up where I left off. For some reason, it is so much easier for me to lose weight and stay with an exercise program in the cooler months. You'd think that summertime, with loads of fresh produce and opportunities to exercise would be easier, but it's the opposite for me.

I'm back to the gym - 45minutes of cardio plus some strength work (resistance bands/free weights). I had good success with a slightly modified version of South beach, so I'm back to that. I am allowing myself some fresh fruits. Sorry, but summertime is just too short not to enjoy them when they're available.

I bought some great formalwear for our millenium cruise. Unfortunately, I have not been able to wear them since. I plan to fit into them next year,

ShrtSwtDeb: Congratulations on your success! You have done very well with WW so far - keep up the good work!

10 years of bliss: Try not to be too discouraged that no one said anything. I find some people just aren't sure if it is appropriate to comment on weight loss. The last time I joined WW (yep, this is my second time around) I lost 58 pounds. Now on an average sized person that would be really noticeable, but I didn't really get that many comments! This time around, my best friend keeps telling me that she can see a difference - I didn't have the heart to tell her I was actually up this last time she saw me! :) Anyway, the main thing is that you are feeling better about where you are at and how you look and feel - there is nothing more important than that. The rest will come.

Well, it's a start.

My goals for next week are:

to add moderate exercise every day.

to drink more water.

Cheers,

This is perfect! A healthy rate of weight loss PLUS goals for the next week.

Do you write your goals down and sign them? This is something I was taught long ago; it's like a contract with myself when I do this.

Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for your good words....

Caviargirl, I had lost 20 pounds this winter prior to cruising on the Mariner. Unfortunately, I stopped for the cruise, and never re-started. I plan to pick up where I left off. For some reason, it is so much easier for me to lose weight and stay with an exercise program in the cooler months. You'd think that summertime, with loads of fresh produce and opportunities to exercise would be easier, but it's the opposite for me.

I'm back to the gym - 45minutes of cardio plus some strength work (resistance bands/free weights). I had good success with a slightly modified version of South beach, so I'm back to that. I am allowing myself some fresh fruits. Sorry, but summertime is just too short not to enjoy them when they're available.

I bought some great formalwear for our millenium cruise. Unfortunately, I have not been able to wear them since. I plan to fit into them next year,

I always diet better in the fall and winter too...why is that??

How is it that you can start a day so motivated, and by mid-afternoon the motivation is gone!

I was/am all set to go to the gym after work today, but now I am feeling tired, and I don't feel like working out! My plan of walking to work (10 min), walking to the gym after work (20-25 min), doing weights (45 min) and walking back home (20 min) seems like a great idea in the morning, but the thought of walking home AFTER the gym isn't appealing to me right now!

Sorry to "vent", but it actually helped, and now that I have posted a message about this, I'm going to have to go - it just sounded so lame when I put it into words!

How is it that you can start a day so motivated, and by mid-afternoon the motivation is gone!

I was/am all set to go to the gym after work today, but now I am feeling tired, and I don't feel like working out! My plan of walking to work (10 min), walking to the gym after work (20-25 min), doing weights (45 min) and walking back home (20 min) seems like a great idea in the morning, but the thought of walking home AFTER the gym isn't appealing to me right now!

Sorry to "vent", but it actually helped, and now that I have posted a message about this, I'm going to have to go - it just sounded so lame when I put it into words!

That's why alot of people have to set their alarms earlier and drag their butts to the gym BEFORE work, or they never get there :) It's harder to get the motivation to work out after you're tired from a long day of work.

And if it's just the walk home after the gym that doesn't sound appealing to you, cross that bridge when you get to it :) You can do it! You'll be so happy that you did your workout that the walk home will be a breeze :)

That's why alot of people have to set their alarms earlier and drag their butts to the gym BEFORE work, or they never get there :) It's harder to get the motivation to work out after you're tired from a long day of work.

QUOTE]

I have worked out in the morning for over 20 years. For me, that is when my energy level is highest. I get up at 5:30 every day, 7 days a week, never set an alarm, and put on my clothes and go. I do go the gym in the afternoons 3-4 days a week for my power yoga classes and it is harder, yes, but I love it so I go. My morning workouts, however, are always non-negotiable.

It is now 7:15 and a Sat. morning and I am back from my run and showered and ready for the day.

Exercise, I believe, has to become a habit. It is such an integral part of my day and has been my habit for so many years, it has become like brushing my teeth. It is simply what I do every morning, without even thinking about it.

Hey there!

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the gym Friday after work. However, I decided to take HazelSmrf's advise and start going in the mornings. So, this morning I got up at 5:00, walked to the gym and did my workout and walked back home. I actually felt pretty good for doing it this morning, so I am going to give the mornings a shot for the next few weeks. I am not normally a morning person, but I am just making myself go to bed early.

How was your walk with your husband? It's nice to have someone to do that with.

I hope everybody's week goes well. I am hoping to be down again Thursday - 25.8 lbs to go before the cruise! (Won't mention how many total :) !)

Digital,

I saw your post about losing 100 lbs.....and that's definitely my goal as well. I'm 30 years old and I've been heavy my whole life. I took my first cruise in April, and when I looked at some of the pictures I was appalled when I realized that chick with the incredibly large butt was ME!!!!

I finally got motivated on 8/11, and I've lost 8 lbs. so far. I'm doing it on my own this time. I've tried WW but seemed to gain and lose the same 2 lbs. for 12 weeks and then give up. I fill a 50 oz. water bottle every morning and drink nothing but that and one or two 8 oz. glasses of skim milk all day. I'm doing small portions of lean meat, vegetables, fruits and whole grains. It's hard but I feel good about doing it this time.

Problem is, we cruise again on the Legend on 9/18.......and I know we hit the buffet like we were refugees before. It's not that there weren't better choices, but I was on vacation darnit! lol Anyone feel my pain?

Meg :-)

Welcome Meg!

I know exactly how you feel about letting go on vacation! Like the night my husband and I shared 3 desserts.....or went to the midnight buffet even though we were still stuffed from late seating dinner.

Or how I always said I would do the walk a mile in the morning but never got around to it.....

I think all you can say is I want to have fun (but there is lots of fun of a ship that isn't food) try to pick healthy choices at breakfast and lunch (I found I was so full from dinner that I mostly had fruit for breakfast and lunch we were often on excursions and I don't get hungry in the sun) pick active things to do on the ship, and perhaps have a salad/fruit soup for an appetizer if you are going to go nuts on dessert:D And remember, we don't have to be members of the clean plate club (something I still curse my mother about!)

Most of all, don't stress about it:D. Make healthy choices or not-healthy choices but when you get home, say those are the choices I made, I don't regret them but now I'm home I'm back on track.

Blue-eyed- good for you! I did my walk with my husband yesterday which was great. Today I'm walking the other way, on my own and probably not for quite as long but I'm going to get out there!

Cheers,

Welcome Meg! I can relate to how you are feeling. I haven't been my "ideal" weight in about 22 years! But congratulations on your success so far! It sounds like you are on the right track. I am sticking with WW just to have that accountability.

Digital Curator - good for you for going on the walk with your husband. And for going on your own today. It can be harder to do it on your own. And even if it isn't for as long, it is better than not going at all.

I haven't been on a cruise before, but I did do a trip to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico for 10 days, and I found the key for me was activity. I didn't watch what I was eating, and I certainly drank my fair share of alcohol, but when I got home I had lost 5 pounds! I attribute that loss to keeping active while I was there - and dancing until all hours most nights! And that is my plan for the cruise. During our sea days my friend and I have made an agreement to go to the gym for an hour in the morning, and of course we will be dancing at night!

I am so happy to have the support of this board! It really makes such a difference for me knowing that you all are here, and understand where I am coming from.

I hope you all have a good day! :)

Hi All,

I have set my goal of losing 50 pounds before my November 2006 cruise. ( I really need to lose 100, but i figure if I can get rid of 50, then I'm on my way) I will hang out here and encourage you all, I have battled the weight issue all of my life. We have an 8 day Caribbean cruise on RCL booked with 8 of us so far and I want to be in shape to do any excursion and activity. I injured my knee in February and have finally been able to exercise. I am going to the gym 3 days a week, walking and riding my exercise bike. I have a pool, so when it is hot, I get in that and do exercises and laps. I am a Type 1 Diabetic, so it is really hard to drop weight. I exercise and feel great, then a bout of low blood sugar and then you have to eat. It is a vicious cycle. I have been at it for 3 weeks, and have lost 6 pounds. If nothing else, I am firming the fat. I will keep in touch. And keep up the good work!

Lisa

Welcome Lisa! Congratulations on your weight loss - that is wonderful!

I find this board is great for encouragement and motivation! I know it is not easy when you are diabetic, but you have been doing so well, and your goal looks reasonable.

Digital Curator - what a great idea you had starting this thread!

Well, I'm off to bed so I can get up at 5:00!

Hello All, I just found this thread. Hooray for everyone's losses and exercise programs. I need to lose almost 100 pounds also. I have tried all the same diets most of you have. I have success and then seem to backslide and forget about sensible eating. I am an RN and should know better than to yo yo and not exercise. I also have a good knowledge of nutrition, but just do not apply it to myself. I started a balanced diet of all food groups in proper amounts on August 5th. First weigh in on August 11th I was down 5.0 pounds. I walked inside my house around and around and down two halls and etc. for 30 minutes three days.(too hot to go outside). But..now in week two I have not walked once..Good thing I saw this thread so I will walk the next three days.

Good luck to all this week. Connie

Most of my co-workers had never been on a cruise, and I had them rolling as I was telling them some of our conversations on the ship. Like the one...."We have to be at dinner in 20 minutes, are we going to go get pizza first?" lol :-)

Meg

Welcome Lisa and Runnerandme!

Somehow it helps me to know just how many people have a lot of weight to loose- I know we can all do this!

I ended up not walking yesterday:mad: as I had a huge allegy attack. But I am better today so I'm going out around lunchtime- no excuses!

I also managed 17 glasses of water yesterday without floating away:D

Cheers,

I just found this thread and boy do I need it. I am a frequent cruiser but have made a mental committment to be down 100 pounds by my transatlantic cruise which departs October 29, 2006. As always the worst part of cruising is the flight to get to the ship and the weight loss will surely help that. For the transatlantic the flight will be to Venice, Italy. I tried WW earlier this summer and just seemed to be paying $11 per week to lose and gain the same 5 pounds. I prefer to spend my money travelling. I am just watching what I eat and trying to excise more. The miserable heat on the East Coast hasn't helped the walking. I think this board will be the inspiration I need. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and official start. Late afternoons are the hardest time for me.

Have a great day.

Carole

Good morning all... it's been a week since I posted. Bad me. I'm like a lot of ya'll. I've not been my goal weight in around 20 some years myself.

In the 3.5 weeks I've been on WW - I've lost 11+ pounds (I don't weigh in until Saturday) but the exciting thing is, I've lost a total of 17 inches so far!!!! That's the exciting part. My husband measures me every Monday, AM (upper arms, thighs, upper and lower chest, bust, hips and waist)...and we'll take front, side and back view pictures every 30 days. I saw my "before pictures" (I know - they're still my NOW pictures" and was totally amazed as to how heavy I really am. What a reality check THAT IS.

My incentive is: "to be able to swim with the dolpins on my cruise, and to be smaller then them"... LOL (Ok, it's really for health reasons, but I need to add humor to everything)

My inspiration is: I have side by side - my "now pic" and a picture of me when I first met my husband almost 30 years ago...I'm 2 of what I used to be... frown.gif

I KNOW I can do this - if I just keep focused. You guys are a tremendous help - just reading what ya'll write back and forth.

Have a GREAT day!

Deb

Good morning all... it's been a week since I posted. Bad me. I'm like a lot of ya'll. I've not been my goal weight in around 20 some years myself.

In the 3.5 weeks I've been on WW - I've lost 11+ pounds (I don't weigh in until Saturday) but the exciting thing is, I've lost a total of 17 inches so far!!!! That's the exciting part. My husband measures me every Monday, AM (upper arms, thighs, upper and lower chest, bust, hips and waist)...and we'll take front, side and back view pictures every 30 days. I saw my "before pictures" (I know - they're still my NOW pictures" and was totally amazed as to how heavy I really am. What a reality check THAT IS.

My incentive is: "to be able to swim with the dolpins on my cruise, and to be smaller then them"... LOL (Ok, it's really for health reasons, but I need to add humor to everything)

My inspiration is: I have side by side - my "now pic" and a picture of me when I first met my husband almost 30 years ago...I'm 2 of what I used to be... frown.gif

I KNOW I can do this - if I just keep focused. You guys are a tremendous help - just reading what ya'll write back and forth.

Have a GREAT day!

Deb

Deb,

Wooohooo, 17 inches and 11 pounds! You must be feeling very motivated and I like the ways you are measuring success.

Keep positive and committed, you have lots of support here!

CG

Archived