Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

I know I need to lose over 100lbs... but not sure what is realistic for a goal or a time frame. Can someone help me?

I have tried alot of diets and get frustrated with them. I am trying a new one called the Cleveland Clinic Diet. You eat certain foods for 3 meals for 3 days a week. Started last week and lost 8lbs. Gained 3 back so I am at 5lbs right now. I am back on it this week so we will see. I like the fact that you only have to do it 3 days a week.

I am glad you guys started this thread and hope to get to know all of you....

I think about 2-3 pounds a week is a good goal for fat loss.

I'm just not sure how good a "diet" that only makes you eat well for 3 days a week is though. I mean sure it's nice, but how does it teach you to eat well for the rest of your life? I'd find it frustrating to regain the weight I've lost every week.

I have had a terrible time trying to log on the last few days, but I finally got back on here!

Welcome to the newcomers! And congratulations to those of you that lost, or maintained! It is definitely inspiring to read the posts fom you all. And thank you everyone for you kind words.

I don't know how Thursday will go - I certainly could have been better this week! The thing I find really frustrating is the fact that I know I want to do this, I know what I need to do to do it, but I still do stupid things! Even as I am eating something I don't need, I am telling myself that, but I do it anyway! :)

Anyway, I am still working on it, and so far I have managed to maintain. Hopefully there will be a shift in the next 2 days!

DMorris - I have never heard of the diet you are referring to, but I tend to agree with Hazelsmrf. Are you allowed to eat whatever you want the rest of the week? But, I think the most important thing is to do whatever works for you (as long as it is healthy). I read the posts from the people doing Atkins, and I would love to get those results, but I know cutting out carbs isn't something that I could stick with for the rest of my life, so I don't go there. I know people who have done Atkins though, and they did so well, so it is tempting...

Hi All,

Just wanted to check in. I hope all is well with everyone. I have lost a total of 8.5 lbs in 5 weeks. I am still doing the gym thing 3 days a week and swimming or the exercise bike the other days. If I can lose a pound a week, I should be down around 70 pounds by the time I go in November of 2006. My daughter and her friend have decided to go on the cruise also, so it has given her some motivation to get in shape. It's a wonderful thing that cruising does for us. I hope all are safe and that everyone keep up the good work. Talk to you soon.

Everyone keep up the good work.

I had my pasta treat on Sunday and that was great but a little pasta is never enough.:rolleyes:

I did lose another pound in the last 2 days so it didn't set me back too much.

Day 30, down 37 lbs.

Reggie:D

I have tried WW and Atkins and they just don't work. With this 3 day diet, I am able to eat normally the other 4 days, within reason of course. I did some research on the Cleveland Clinic diet and it also helps clean out your system of toxsins (spl?), etc. I am down 5 lbs from last week, so will keep you posted on this week... :)

Congrats on everyone else on their loss for this week and maintaining.

Ok....I am finally thru reading all 6 pages of posts and I want to encourage you all to keep at it. My son has lost 115lbs on low carb and my husband 55lbs. (1-1/2yr)

I am one of those "need to lose the last 10lb". When they started their diets, we cleaned out all the cupboards, freezer, and fridge. For us low carb is easier because we are always hungry on low fat and eat too much. I also am a winter dieter and chocolate,pasta lover. Breyers low carb chocolate ice cream is the best! Also as someone mentioned..the Dreamfields pasta is the best for low carb. They have no problems with the low carb chocolate, but I cannot eat it. (phew! if you know what I mean!) Carb chopper tortillas are the best if you are watching your bread intake. We put everything in those! You can find a lot of recipes at lowcarbluxery.com.

We went on our first cruise in June and ate everything in site! That's why I now have 10lbs to lose! Our next cruise is in Feb 06, so that's my goal.

Exercisewise... I do Jazzercize 3 times a week. Look in your area and Jazzercize.com and see if you can try out one of their classes. It is so fun. My son does no exercise. He was a computer nerd and was 315lbs. He now hovers around 195lb. He is 6'2". He got a job last Dec. and just the extra moving around out of his chair has helped him keep it off. Still no exercise at all for him. So don't think that you "have to do Mega sizes of exercise to lose weight". My husband use to walk 3-4 times a night for 30 mins. (good pace) but he's not doing that now, just being use to eating low carb has helped him.

So keep up the good work and I will be checking in here to keep me motivated too!

Debbie

I'm hanging in there. Since August 1st, I've lost 38 lbs. My goal is 110 lbs. by the time I sail June 9, 2006. I'm a little over a third of the way there already and am far ahead of where I expected to be right now.

I just hope I don't backslide too much on my December cruise.:eek:

Hi All,

It's another weigh-in already!

I am down 2, for a total of 4.5.

I am very happy with this, considering I did not make it to the gym this week- laid up for 2 1/2 days with a viscious headache (which I have never had before).

But no more excuses- out for a long walk today and everyday 'til Monday then it's off to that gym:D

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers,

Digital Curator - good job! 2 pounds is great. Sorry to hear about your headache - hopefully you don't get that again.

I was down 1.2 pounds. And Wednesday was the first day I felt a difference - my clothes felt just a little more loose, which made me feel great. So, I am feeling better, and that is encouraging/motivating me.

I didn't make it to the gym this morning - too tired to crawl out of bed, so I am going to go tomorrow morning to make up for it.

Good luck to everyone else, and have a great weekend.

Since August 1st, I've lost 40 pounds.;)

By December 2nd, I hope to be down another 40 lbs before my cruise on the Infinity.

I'll try to maintain through the holidays and then lose the final 30 pounds

By June for my cruise on the Monarch.:eek:

Hi All!

I've had time to check in a few times the past few weeks but not a lot of time to post. Reggie you are doing awesome! I finally hit my 40lb. mark last Saturday and lost another 4 this week. I can not even describe the extra energy!

I finally don't have the desire to overeat. I've heard that if you do anything for 21 days in a row it becomes a habit and I have really come to believe that this is true. If you can stick it out for 21 days of better eating and exercising it becomes a normal routine.

Keep up the good work everyone. I would still like to lose another 100lbs, but hope to lose 40 by our cruise in December.

Andrea

Liberty

12-18-05

Well done all!

I'm getting a little better with getting out and moving....and the gym starts TUESDAY (no more excuses).

I've also tried something new- not finishing what is on my plate:D My skinny mother raised me as part of the clean plate club, but NO MORE! Trying to listen more to my body and less to all that food (especially at restaurants).

DMorris- only you can decide what is right for you, but I too am concerned about a diet that promotes certain eating habbits on only certain days just because that can cause some yo-yoing with blood sugar and the like. But if you feel good, a doctor approves, and it works for you, who am I to judge;)

I picked up an issue of Healthy Living (I think that's the name) and it has a great thing on the "new" food pyramid with an additional chart for how many servings of each group one should eat per day based on gender/weight/age/activity level- very informative.

Have a great labour day all!

Hi everyone- Long time since I checked in here. Looks like everyone is making progress. I'm taking a break from my low carb ways this week because of my birthday next Sat. We have a picnic today, a festival on Thursday and then a camping trip/birthday party next weekend. I figured it was a blown week for most of it anyway so why not take a break. The funny thing is I'm finding that I can't tolerate alot of sugar anymore. :D That's a good thing! I did up my exercise this week to compensate so I'm a little stiff at the moment.

Digital- I was raised by the "clean plate" club too. I have found that using a smaller plate helps me immensely. We use "sandwich" plates which are 8 1/2 inches instead of 13 or larger. I would totally reccommend this as a way to get around the clean plate thinking. It's really helped.

Tami

Bueeyed, Great loss. Congrats to all on their progress in this never ending weight control war. Weighed in on thursday before we left for the holiday weekend. Lost 2.2. Did not walk as much as I should have and did not drink all my water while we RV'd (really can't call it camping in a motorhome hooked up to electricity.) But as a plus I did stick to my calorie plan and did not overindulge. Probably a first for a camp out. Good luck all and remember Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Connie

Hi everyone... need some suggestions and a good way to lose weight??? I liked the low carb thing, but got tired of all the same things. What is everyone doing and eating on their low carb diets? Thanks for your help. I need something that is going to work. Tired of this yo yo thing going on. I exercise 3 times a week and still doesn't help. Thanks everyone.

Everyone keep up the good work.

I had my pasta treat on Sunday and that was great but a little pasta is never enough.:rolleyes:

I did lose another pound in the last 2 days so it didn't set me back too much.

Day 30, down 37 lbs.

Hi Reggie, what kind of diet are you doing that you lost so much is 30 days??? Want to share the secrets with me? I need to do something that works.

DMorris- Everyone's body is a bit different so you have to try different things until you find what works THAT YOU CAN LIVE WITH. I mean, the cabbage soup diet works if you don't mind being deathly ill all the time. :rolleyes: I did LA weightloss, WW, Vegan, and strict atkins for a while. The atkins really helped me feel better but there were some things that I really missed (like beans.) I switched over to southbeach but had to add some fat back to lose weight. (go figure!) Anyway, what seems to be working best for me now was something I started reading because a friend who also has crohns suggested that I check out protein power. She seriously doesn't need to lose weight but her dietician suggested PP as a good way to control her crohn's by diet.

She does the completely strict "caveman" version. If a caveman couldn't have gathered it in season or hunted it with a club or stick she doesn't eat it. Her crohn's is very severe so she is stricter than me. I just want to keep mine from coming back. I still follow the caveman thing alot but I also add in beans, rice and very rarely corn or wheat. I can get away with some processed things (like splenda) and I do a little bit of dairy. There are 3 levels of Protein Power and I chose to spend most of my time in the middle ground one.

It really works for me. I love veggies and fruit but could care less about potatoes and bread for the most part. I have discovered that they were mostly foods of conveniece for me. You know, grab a sandwich and fries on the way to somewhere. The main thing I've discovered is that by eliminating cheap white bread I have to be more mindful of what I'm going to eat because I can't just grab and go. If I do want a sandwich I have to choose someplace where they have good bread or I have to get it without bread which means I can't just stuff it down while I'm driving. Being more mindful in that department seems to help me pay attention better to how hungry I really am and what I'm eating.

So anyway, I can't say that Protein Power chemistry is really what is making me lose weight or if it's just causing me to be more mindful of what I'm doing but I am down 30 pounds and I feel great.

I'd reccommend going to the library and checking out some books. Don't get caught up in the " lose 20 pounds in 10 days" hype because that never lasts. Look at what the long term eating plan says and see if you can live with it.

Tami

Good job everyone! Connie - camping is always a difficult time, so you should be really proud of yourself for sticking with the plan!

DMorris - I agree with Tami - everyone is different, so different things work for different people. I was actually talking to my Mom about maybe trying Atkins, after reading about such great results on here. But she said she followed it strictly herself a few years ago, and didn't lose much at all. So, everyone will react differently. One thing that worked for me was I cut out all sugar (if it was in the top 3 ingredients of something I didn't buy it). At the time I did that, I didn't change anything else (I didn't exercise more, or cut anything else out), and I lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks. And, after a week or two, I didn't crave the sugar at all.

Now, having said all of that, you have been doing well with what you are doing, so if it works for you, then go for it.

I hope everyone has a good week!

My body is not agreeing with the diet I have been trying. This is my 3rd week and I didn't lose last week and this week remains to be seen. Maybe I will try the low carb again, seems to work for a lot of you folk... Thanks for the suggestions and will keep you updated on my progress.

I would like to lose 100+ before Sept 2006. I've been on 4 cruises and I've always had to wear "fat" clothes. I am not working at the moment and sitting home all day, I find myself snacking (sitting here looking at Oreo cookies now). If anyone has any suggestions or would like a buddy, please let me know.

Kat

Archived