Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Welcome Connie! What a great start! It is always so encouraging to have a loss like that your first weigh-in!

And welcome Carole! I think this is a great place to start your "weight-loss" journey. I know what you mean about the flying - how uncomfortable is that!?

Late afternoons are tough for me too. That is why I took the advise of others and am going to the gym in the mornings. Then I just keep adding "mini-goals" - such as not eating after dinner.

Welcome back Deb! You have had some tremendous success - you should be very proud. I am doing the pictures (front and side) every month as well. I am also doing measurements, but I'm only doing those once a month.

Weigh-in tomorrow - so good-luck to you all! :)

Welcome and congrats to all the new people on this thread! It's a hard journey - but together, with each other's support, I know each of us can achieve our goal.

Blueyed...I have to do the measurements weekly - every little change is an encouragement to me - even 1/8 of an inch. I wear my cloths so big to begin with, I'd never really know my success without doing so... this way when my hubby tells me he can tell a difference, I'll know he's telling the truth, and not just being nice to me... LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Deb

To All in this thread,

Think of how much better we all will feel and will feel about ourselves when we accomplish our goal, whether it be 5 pounds or 50 pounds, we are all heading in the right direction! I think motivation and encouragement will keep up on track-----Way to go for all of us to do something about it now, and look forward to the wonderful vacations that are in our horizons!

I did make it to the gym last night, plan on riding the exercise bike tonight. I know how hard it is to excercise outside, it gets pretty warm here and we have had so much humidity that we are not used to on the West Coast, I am hoping you all find somewhere else to exercise and keep working toward your and my goals. Woo Hoo!

Lisa in Riverside

It is weigh-in today, and I'm not sure what to expect. My scales don't show much of a change, but hopefully the WW will be better! :)

Deb - I think it is great that you take the measurements weekly - it just seems like too much work for me! :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone!

Blueeyed...

Just remember, if the scales don't move - doesn't mean you're not losing. If you're walking or excercise, you're building muscle - and muscle weighs more than fat (when I get to this point, will someone please remind me what I said?? hehehe)

That's why I won't rely solely on what the scales say - and we're doing the measuring and pictures. I've always been such a yoyo dieter - have been all my life - and it's always been based only on what I weigh.

We all have to remember, this is a lifestyle change - not a temporary fix. (saying this 100x in my head so I believe it, too):o I'm really great at giving advice, it's whether I choose to accept and live by my own advice... <gulp>

Its just great to know that I've not had a soda (diet or otherwise) for almost 4 weeks! I'm not even craving the fizzy taste of Pepsi anymore. Guess that'll save me money on the cruise, huh?

Ya'll are great...and good luck in your lifestyle change. (don't know bout you, but the word diet has such a negative conotation in my brain)

Have a wonderful sunshiny day!

Deb

Thanks Blue-eyed- I got off to a slow start today!

I'm going to be weighing in tomorrow morning. I forgot today and have now eaten, and I weigh in in the morning, naked, empty stomach (need all the help I can get!:D )

Goals for next week:

Continue to drink water (not always hitting my target each day)

Exercise more (walking every other day this past week- want to make it every day next week!)

Good luck all,

Well, I was down a little bit - .4 lbs! Thank goodness for the points on the WW scales! :)

Digital Curator - I am the same way when weighing myself at home - I have to be undressed, in the morning, after I had my morning pee! :)

Goals for next week:

Continue with the gym and eat better (a more balanced diet).

Good luck tomorrow!

Congrats all- I have neither gained nor lost.

I must admit though I am now avoiding the kitchen- I just got a call from an organization that I have been interviewing with and after 7 weeks, 3 interviews and 1 job offer (!) they have decided to split the position into 2 and I was offered neither. A real blow to my ego since I have been the only candidate during this whole process:confused: One position is going to a board member's husband which makes me even madder:mad:

It's taking everything I have now not to binge out and worst of all, I off to a local summer fair thing- full of food temptations- UGH!

I guess I will have to go "walk" this off....

Connie - congratulations on your loss - very well done!

Digital Curator - maintaining is a good thing! And I am so sorry to hear about your "potential job". That is very frustrating, and even more so when someone who is somewhat related gets the job! I feel for you - that is exactly when I would want to turn to food as well, but you can get through this, and you will feel so much better for having avoided temptation! But if you do give in, don't beat yourself up - like you say, just go for a walk.

Hi all! I've been so busy starting back to school that it's been hard to check in. I've done well packing a healthy lunch and not stress eating. I had someone tell me they could tell I'd lost weight..........finally! I know it seems silly to care what others think, but I felt so different and felt so weird not to have anyone notice. I'm over caring now........thanks for the encouragement! I have noticed that I'm a better teacher with weight off. I have so much energy and even find myself having more patience...........wow!!

Digital - I am the worst stress eater! Keep up the good work and it is their loss on the job! There must be something better in store for you!

I lost 5 lbs. over the past 2 weeks. I feel great. Lots of fruits and veggies!

Good luck everyone and I'll be praying for us all!

4 months until Liberty cruise!!

I'll join in on this challenge. I began my diet on August 1st of 2005 and am down 26 lbs. already.

My goal is 110 lbs. by June 8, 2006. I've got a cruise on June 9th so that would be a good goal date.

Right now I'm on day 20 and am down 26 lbs.

Reggie:D

Reggie -

Wow! Great job on your recent weight loss! How have you done it?

Andrea

I'm doing a close to zero carb diet as I possibly can. The only carbs I consume are cream in my coffee and some veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, sauerkraut and asparagus. I do some bell peppers and onions in my omlettes and salads too.

Welcome Reggierail!

I struggled over the weekend, and I am very frustrated today - my scales show that I am up a couple of pounds! I know some of it could be PMS, but it is frustrating just the same! I am still going to the gym in the morning, but the last few days I don't seem to have any willpower when it comes to eating!

I hope everyone is doing better than I am! Have a good week.

Blue-eyed, Keep your chin up, you can do this. Your week will get better. Try drinking more water. (I know I hate water too but my goal is 64 oz a day). Do not weigh anymore until your week is up. That is when I tend to do stupid things like fast or eat only protein or all the rest of the dumb stuff that really does not work in the LONG run.Maybe by weigh in day the excess water or whatever will be gone. Just start over with sensible eating now. (Boy it sounds easy on paper but we all know it is not).Good Luck, Connie

Hey All,

Blueyed- I agree with Connie- only weigh yourself at the WW meeting. If you do it every day you live by the scale and it will fluctuate from day to day and drive you CRAZY. Don't focus on the pounds- focus on your actions!

Walked to work with my husband yesterday but I must admit not getting that job was a blow and to top it off my best friend just came back to town after being away for 2 months (she's been back for 2 weeks but I just found out yesterday so I'm a little put out to start with) and has managed to get not one but 2 jobs! I am trying to chanel the chocolate urges into job hunting- we will see how it goes....

Cheers,

Welcome Reggierail!

I hope everyone is doing better than I am! Have a good week.

Thanks, it's good to have a support group.

I've been lucky so far, I haven't hit my first plateau yet.

I know it's coming though and just have to prepare for it.

I just skip a few weighins.

Day 24, 32 lbs.

Thank you guys for all the kind words. It doesn't seem to matter that I know what is going on with my body, or even if I deserve to be up because of what I ate, I still hate seeing that! :) I do feel good about the fact that I have still been getting up in the morning (5:00 is inhumane!) and going to the gym. I will try not to beat myself up if I am up tomorrow night.

Connie - luckily drinking water is the easiest thing for me! At work I usually drink between 96 and 128 oz a day! But for some reason this summer has been hard for me with the sensible eating. I will try to get a grip on it tonight (do you think one night is enough before weigh-in?) :)

Digital Curator - it can be very discouraging when things seem to come to easily to someone else! I am sure the perfect job will come along, and you will be glad the other one didn't come through! :) Good luck with the job hunting, and keep us posted.

Archived