Past Breakaway Haven Passengers.....

Jacy613

Hi! If you have ever sailed on the Breakaway in the Haven during the month of September, this question is for you!!

I was wondering how crowded the Haven was, especially regarding children. Were there a lot of little ones on the ship? In the Haven?

Also, can you hear noise coming from the next door cabins, particularly from the larger family suites? Just asking because my husband will be recuperating from a long, stressful illness and he is looking forward to a quiet and relaxing vacation. Not that we don't appreciate children, we are just trying to make the best possible choices that we can. We love kids, really! I am hoping I will not be offending anyone by asking. Please don't hate me!?

J

Did Breakaway Haven in early May expecting there to be low numbers of kids. Unfortunately it only meant more small children. We have sailed in Haven suites three times now and BA is the first bad kid experience. I think parents like it because it's enclosed and they can keep an eye on their kids while they jump around in the pools and jacuzzis. Children monopolized the pools and jacuzzis almost the entire trip while playing football, jumping around and in water etc. We had to go outside on deck but that worked only when the weather was conducive. The nature of the Haven being enclosed only magnifies sound and even well behaved play can sound loud. Behavior, like food, is subjective, I will give pause to future Haven bookings due to the kid factor. On the Gem and Jewel, there were no kids running around. Don't know if it was itinerary or what. We always cruise May for good deals, less crowds, less kids and with our grown kids so adults only. Strangely, we did an all adult cruise on Disney and found the adult areas quite nice and even more relaxing. (adult pool area, adult dining venue, Serenity Bay over 18, great concierge lounge with food and free cocktails every night) The Haven common areas are just not what's advertised. We do love the rooms, service etc....

Did Breakaway Haven in early May expecting there to be low numbers of kids. Unfortunately it only meant more small children. We have sailed in Haven suites three times now and BA is the first bad kid experience. I think parents like it because it's enclosed and they can keep an eye on their kids while they jump around in the pools and jacuzzis. Children monopolized the pools and jacuzzis almost the entire trip while playing football, jumping around and in water etc. We had to go outside on deck but that worked only when the weather was conducive. The nature of the Haven being enclosed only magnifies sound and even well behaved play can sound loud. Behavior, like food, is subjective, I will give pause to future Haven bookings due to the kid factor. On the Gem and Jewel, there were no kids running around. Don't know if it was itinerary or what. We always cruise May for good deals, less crowds, less kids and with our grown kids so adults only. Strangely, we did an all adult cruise on Disney and found the adult areas quite nice and even more relaxing. (adult pool area, adult dining venue, Serenity Bay over 18, great concierge lounge with food and free cocktails every night) The Haven common areas are just not what's advertised. We do love the rooms, service etc....

I think the observation cited here would be correct -- with non-schoolage children, there's no need to worry about when you go, so you could have more families with much younger children since demand may be lower, and hence, prices as well. Families (like us) with high school and college age children are limited to June through August.

No matter what type of cruise/trip you're on, you're going to encounter bad eggs in all venues -- ships, airplanes, hotels. Sometimes the more elite the environment, the more spoiled the adults and children are.

My Wife and I were in the Breakaway Haven in the beginning of October last year. For the most part the kids that were with the Haven were either at the kids clubs or the parents kept them under control and well behaved. This topic is such a subjective one not all kids are devils. Not to mention if they are causing an issue its definitely worth a comment to the Haven staff.

We were there last Sept. 1st. There were only a couple of young ones. We didn't really notice them. The only time that we ever had a kid issue was on the Jewel. The kids of one family were noisy and unruly. It was mostly the Father who was complaining to his wife about everything and not paying any attention to his kids

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bossnesb

I think it's a case of cruise roullette and the specific passengers on your sailing. Good luck! I hope your husband feels better.

PS -- I second that note about the Disney Cruise Line adult only areas. We don't have kids, and our DCL sailing was our favorite by far of any of our cruises.

Thank you very much to all that responded! I guess we will take our chances on the Haven, and maybe try to purchase vibe passes as well, just in case. Yes, I guess it is very much like a roulette game! If we happen to encounter overly noisy or disruptive children in the Haven, I know my husband will not have any problem mentioning the issue to the concierge. How much they can control it, I have no idea!

Jacy

We were in haven last year first week of june...some kids in haven but mostly stayed with their family groups... No issues with unruly kids. The rooms are quite quiet, we were in 2 bdrm family suite on deck 16 never heard any noise from other cabins....

Hi! If you have ever sailed on the Breakaway in the Haven during the month of September, this question is for you!!

I was wondering how crowded the Haven was, especially regarding children. Were there a lot of little ones on the ship? In the Haven?

Also, can you hear noise coming from the next door cabins, particularly from the larger family suites? Just asking because my husband will be recuperating from a long, stressful illness and he is looking forward to a quiet and relaxing vacation. Not that we don't appreciate children, we are just trying to make the best possible choices that we can. We love kids, really! I am hoping I will not be offending anyone by asking. Please don't hate me!?

J

We sailed the Breakaway on 9.15.13 - in a Haven Aft Penthouse. We LOVED it - booked the exact same cabin on the Getaway for February!

The Haven would be a GREAT place for your DH to get a little well deserved recuperation. The service is truly outstanding and you would not ever have to leave the Haven area unless you choose.

We were always able to get seating in the Courtyard around the pool and saw very few kids - but of course that could be different on your sailing. As others have already said - that time of year if there are kids they tend to be preschool. Which - IMHO - is quite different than a bunch of preteens taking over the place! ;)