Cruise Reviews

Someone has put up a review of the Dream giving it just one star. There are a few inaccuracies and I wish there was a way of replying or leaving comments. He states that you have to have a black suit and black tie to get into the captains dinner or the Orion restaurant . he says that the captain gives you tanning tickets to use the sun loungers. He went on 8 trips and complained that tour guides spoke pigeon Engish and one woman was in her 80s. Why should age be an issue. And he gives 2 stars for service. I'd love to put him right on certain issues.

After just coming back from a week on the Dream i also thought the same regarding inaccuracies when reading that review which is why i have posted my review to the reviews section (its not up yet) and also posted on the forums to give people a chance to respond or even to ask any questions.

We were lucky enough to get on the bridge tour and i thought the captain was great he was happy to sign the kids autograph books as part of the kids club game and for pictures with the kids, i did take my suit but had a blue tie! No problem for me. We ate in the Orion almost all the time and i did wear shirts or polo shirts but a tie was not a requirement.

I also didnt see any of the captains little rules he likes to enforce!

Some of the entertainment wasnt my thing but its a big enough ship to find something else to do, i certainly could not give it a poor review because its not my thing!!

Reviews are only opinions but it is frustrating that its not possible to reply. When we were looking at which cruise to do for our first it was reviews like that which made me question myself if i was doing the correct thing and i was fortunate enough look through them and to also look on the forums, i am glad i did as i had an amazing week. :)

We did the TA cruise in April. Collared shirt and trousers were required on ordinary days, however on the 2nd and 3rd captain's nights, jacket and tie were required.

A waiter and the asst Maitre D tried turning us away, because I had no tie. The Maitre D overturned this as he considered that I was suitably dressed.

As I recall, for the third captains night, the ships news did state black tie.

I should add that on the 3rd Captain's Night, and as a guest of the Hotel Manager, that I wore the same thing plus a tie. A pink jacket, albeit smart, is not normally considered Black Tie attire, so I think its safe to say that formal Black Tie attire is not enforced.

The new Show Team should be coming on the Dream soon. I think the present one will be the team that were in the Caribbean over winter and many of the shows were rather underwhelming. At least two of the new team were on Majesty last summer and they were two of the three singers who sang live on deck when sailing out of Venice....Brandi and Max. They are fantastic. :)

i am annoyed that when we booked our cruise 3 weeks ago, we were told that the price for the early flight was £700 on top of cruise price !!!! going on the dream 7th june ) so as we were not p repared to pay that price we booked the 13.45 pm, flight (although we always go on early flight) i have just looked on line now, and the only flight showing is 7.55am manchester, : and the price is £676 \!!! how can they justify the difference and now show the morning flight:confused::confused::confused:, fumming is the only word i can use on here !!! but bags are packed and ready to go so will have to calm down and enjoy the cruise !!!! sorry rant over folks !!!::