Castaway Cay---Accessible?

kitty9

Hi. We just received an offer through the Disney Vacation Club for a members only cruise on the Dream for August 2015. Two of the days are stops at Castaway, and I was wondering if this stop is accessible, and if it is, how accessible is it? I'm a full time scooter user due to post polio, and I have no option of anything else.

Also, what is there to do on the island? Is it mostly a beach stop?

Thanks for all information.

I'm sure you know, you can easily disembark the ship on your scooter. They have a sturdy gangway that isn't at a huge slope.

They do have special wheelchairs with wide tires, but if you strictly use a scooter, then yes, it's almost all just beach activities. They have a couple of cute little shops that will sell exclusive Castaway Cay items, and the BBQ....but otherwise, that's about it.

There is an accessible cabana on the family beach, but again, other than go onto the beach or get in the water, there's really nothing else to do.

DH has mobility issues but he didn't want to take a wheelchair to the island. When we got to deck 1 we asked the CM to call for a golf cart to take us to the tram stop. When the cart came, he took us all the way to the stop for the adult beach tram. This was great for DH. We then waited for the Serenity Bay tram, and then met some of our group for lunch. On the way back from SB we also got a golf cart ride from the family beach all the way to the ship. You just have to ask. They are very accommodating.