Glory - interior room with walkway view

My in-laws are looking at getting one of these rooms. Are they worth the extra $6.50 p/p per night?

Can anyone tell me anything about them? What exactly is the view? Is it like on RC where you look over onto the promenade? I'm thinking not since the description says you will have a sky view.

Does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks

My in-laws are looking at getting one of these rooms. Are they worth the extra $6.50 p/p per night?

Can anyone tell me anything about them? What exactly is the view? Is it like on RC where you look over onto the promenade? I'm thinking not since the description says you will have a sky view.

Does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks

I have had that cabin twice and at least once on the Glory Its a great cabin, I have had it on deck 6. There are some pics posted if you goggle it. the window is a picture window that looks out into the area in the front of the ship. You will see the railing of the ship and some sky and water.

The cabin feels very spacious and you get tons of light coming in. Anyone can walk in front of the cabin as its public space (therefore someone can look in your window) I have never seen anyone walking in front of the cabin even though one can.

If having some light is important I would take the cabin.

Also keep in mind the cabin is in the very front of the ship. Its also dark outside the cabin at night with no lights, since you are below the bridge and light would be distracting to the captain.

Hope this helps.

We stayed in 9201 on the Glory a few years ago (before it was converted into the scenic oceanview). Depending on the price jump between a true interior (no windows) and oceanview they can be a great value. My family just booked two of these cabins today on the Freedom. They are on the very front of the ship, so if movement is an issue, than this may not be the room for them.

As the PP said, people can see in during the daytime (they have to really be looking though) and you have to keep the curtain closed at night due to navigation. We hardly saw anyone out on the "secret deck" and it is also pitch black at night. We were on it one night and didn't realize there was another couple out there until they opened the door to go back in.

These are a couple of pictures I found using Google (I apologize for the size, but I can't change that).

299808_10150423205137577_578879019_n.jpg

DSC_6068.JPG

IMG_0390.jpg

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Thank you for the great, informative replies. That looks like a great place to be. I bet you can see a lot of stars on that "secret deck" at night.

My father-in-law has mobility issues though so I think midship by an elevator would work better for them. I will share these posts with them so they can make up their own mind.

Thank you for the great, informative replies. That looks like a great place to be. I bet you can see a lot of stars on that "secret deck" at night.

Glad it was helpful. The star gazing is one of my favorite features--it is one of the darkest parts of the ship.

Thanks for the photos. I'm looking at upgrading to a walkway or obstructed IS on the Sunshine, mainly for the light, and not for the view and your photos give me an idea of what to expect since its been awhile since I haven't had a balcony.