GTY Balcony on the Breakaway

bigfoot88

GTY Balcony on the Breakaway

So, I cruise each Oct with DW and we are doing the Breakaway to Florida/Bahamas again. I picked a GTY BX Balcony. Now the DW and I have cruise NCL a number of time but never on a GTY cabin.

Now the Breakaway has no bad balcony cabins in my option so I don’t see a down side to this choose, only upside. We will get a BX, what we paid for or an upgrade, but we will get a balcony.

For those that have cruised a GTY cabin, am I missing something???????

No, none at all - AFAIK. One of our GTY Balcony on the BA assigned 2 weeks out was on Deck 9 AFT, just forward of the elevators and it was just great, easy access to everything. You've been on the BA a # of times already so you should know, right :D

Just curious, I noticed on your signature - you managed to "cruise" the BA twice in 2012 when she was still being built :confused: - maybe, it was the Gem or Jewel ?? or, am I too sleepy this morning and got no "Room Service" here at home ;) Time to brew a good cup myself.

Edited by mking8288

We did the gty for upcoming cruise in June. We were called and told all m3 cabins were sold out and we were downgraded to I believe an ma? And given a $100 refund . Very disappointed. Called and was on the phone for z2 hours and was told this room was actually in a better spot, which we shall see. Given a $50 on board credit. First time on ncl and I am hoping this isn't how my trip is going to be. Trying to be positive but I will not do the gty again!:(

Just curious, I noticed on your signature - you managed to "cruise" the BA twice in 2012 when she was still being built :confused:

WOW,,, bad cut and paste,,, fixing ,,,,, Thanks

We did the gty for upcoming cruise in June. We were called and told all m3 cabins were sold out and we were downgraded to I believe an ma? And given a $100 refund . Very disappointed. Called and was on the phone for z2 hours and was told this room was actually in a better spot, which we shall see. Given a $50 on board credit. First time on ncl and I am hoping this isn't how my trip is going to be. Trying to be positive but I will not do the gty again!:(

Unless I am missing something the only GTY for mini suites is the MX category. All others it looks like you can choose your cabin. MA and M3 definitely let me choose my cabin. You booked a specific M3 cabin and they said it was not available?

Bigfoot, I'm cruising with family members next March and they also jumped on the BX guarantee after I got the last BX assigned cabin. We cruise together every year and it's not important that our cabins are near each other's. Actually, my family members with the guaranteed BX cabins paid the same price as me AND got a $50 OBC. I got my assigned cabin under a different code and was told that I couldn't have the OBC. That big balcony is worth more to me than $50 so I'm staying put. But I'll keep checking for further price drops :).

1905572251_breakaway8710.jpg.1cb9cdcc64fa62ac6c2cc4e8415244b5.jpg

Edited by Vettebuf
To post picture. Disclaimer: I am not the original owner of this picture.