Price Drop(s) - Pays to check!

adkcruiser

On July 30, 2013, my wife and I purchased a cruise for our son and his soon-to-be bride for their honeymoon next week. The original fare for the Carnival Splendor eight day cruise out of NYC for a 4E cabin (their choice!) was $2,220. Prior to final payment, the fare dropped by $300 as I kept a close eye on the fares via Fare Viewer. After final payment in mid-March, I continued to check Fare Viewer frequently and found three price drops, one in April and two in May for which OBC was provided in the amount of $$820!! So, a cruise that started out at $2220 ended up at $1,151 when the $820 of OBC iis figured in! (Port fees increased in the interim by about $50).

Getting the fare reductions and/or OBC was easy as we had used "our" PVP to book the cruise and all we had to do was email him about the price drop and he took care of it, usually within the hour. No forms to complete, no waiting - about as easy as it gets!

Moral of the story - check Carnival Fare Viewer often and use a PVP!!

Edited by adkcruiser

That is fabulous! I'm sure they will be as happy and you are! Can they use the OBC for excursions? I think so. Or some really great pictures from their honey moon. Congrats to you all! And good for you for doing all that checking---you never know which day that price drop will show up!

That is FABULOUS....and what a honeymoon cruise that will be for your son and daughter-in-law. However, you do NOT have to use a PVP to get those drops...it is easy peasy to submit the form yourself and have control over doing it immediately in the case of price fluctuations that happen quickely...here's the form....

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx