Rondevous Caye Or Geoffs Caye....any one have a preference?

EthelnElmer

We will be on RC Navigator in Aug. and are wondering if we should book Rondevous Caye snorkeling trip or book an independant excursion to Geoffs Caye....anyone have experience at either of these spots?...is there any other recommendations for snorking excursions? Thanks

for your help!

We've been on both excursions, and enjoyed them both very much. The snorkeling was about the same. I don't think you can go wrong with either. One plus of doing the excursion with the ship is not having to tender. At least that is how it is with Carnival. Both islands are small, beautiful, without many amenities. If I had to pick one right now, I honestly wouldn't have a preference.

We have done both. I prefer Rondevous Caye only because there is more shade here. There are several palapas, great to escape the sun if you feel like you've had enough. If one picks up at the ship, and the other is private and you need to tender to port first, I would do the one that picks up at ship. (I don't usually do ship tours, but I do like this convenience at this port since the tender ride is so looooong!)

Snorkeling is about the same at both

• 2 weeks later...

Not Becca here but the snorkeling at both was good. Water was clear, visibility great, reef colorful and alive. There was a bit of a current at both places, but there was someone in the water snorkeling with a flotation device and someone in a kayak that stayed with the group for safety. Lots sea life. Geoff's we also saw a brittle sea star and an eel along with lots of fish. Rondevous we saw a school of squid and sea cucumber along with lots of fish.

• 1 month later...

We had time at Rondevous to go back into the water if we chose to. We did the excursion through Carnival. We did not have as much time on Geoffs. This was done through Princess. We do not usually do excursions through the cruise line, but did in Belize so that we would have the convenience of being picked up directly from the ship.

I know this is an either/or question but wanted to throw out something else that a person on our roll call suggested. The person has been to Belize four or five times before.

He said

"Belize: I would book flights to Ambergris Caye and do the Belize Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Park Snorkel Excursion."

He says that you fly over the many Caye's and get amazing views. At least worth a look, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

This video is from Rendevouz Caye. I'm no photographer, but I took a video of the island as I was worried about shade and facilities before we went, didn't want to get there and end up sunburned due to being forced to sit in the sun for too long. As you can see there are lots of shade huts, bathrooms, and a place to buy snacks. They take good care of you. The snorkel equipment looked new, (although we did bring our own, my daughter in the video has an Rx in her mask, it wasn't really expensive and really did the job!)

Edited by lucigo