Rotterdam...is a 7am docking and 10:20 am flight possible?

Looking at a cruise that docks in Rotterdam at 7am and a flight that leaves for London just after 10am.

I've read that RTM is a small. relatively fast airport. Is there any chance to make it or are we just stressing ourselves out too much?

Are you staying in London or connecting??

Just on the surface I would say it is cutting it close ..just because they dock at 7am does not mean you will be allowed off right away

Connecting on to YYZ...that is unless we find a better AMS to YYZ, or RTM to YYZ flight.

Like many of our cruises, planning the return always seems to be "You can't get there from here."

YYZ-AMS is something like a 7-8hr flight with one connection. But the best flights home leave at impossibly early times. But later flights sometimes take 21+ hrs. (One was something like AMS to LHR, a switch to Gatwick, landing in Newark, switching to LaGuardia nd then on to Toronto!)

Or we stay in RTM for a couple of days (cheaper than AMS I think) then take a more reasonable flight on Monday. But a tight budget hits two nights in a hotel, meals, etc. And are you sitting at a budget fitting hotel near the airport but near nothing else, so you cant even cheaply stroll and window shop.

The cruise price is great...but this other stuff is driving us nuts. Time to spreadsheet all our options.

If there's anyone who can suggest non-bank breaking accommodations in RTM (or even AMS) I'd surely appreciate it. Willing to look at B&B's. Travel group is two senior mums and their two adorable adult kids. (Well at least the missus and my mother and mother-in-law think I'm adorable. Your mileage may vary. No guarantees.)

Thanks!

Edited by dheianevans

We have done non stops from AMS on KLM

You could always hire a guide do some sightseeing before heading to AMS for your flight

When is your cruise?

I like this site to see what options are out there then book with the airline

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

for hotels you could try priceline we have gotten some good deals on 4 & 5 * hotel for under $100 USD

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Alas, KLM direct is about $300-$400 a person more than our other options.

I'll take a look at that site. Thanks.

Good luck

Sometimes the extra $ are worth having less stress ;)

There is a 3pm from RTM connecting in LHR on LH total time is 10-11 hrs

Edited by LHT28

Looking at a cruise that docks in Rotterdam at 7am and a flight that leaves for London just after 10am.

I've read that RTM is a small. relatively fast airport. Is there any chance to make it or are we just stressing ourselves out too much?

Rotterdam airport is indeed small and easy to handle, but north of the city. You dock more or less close to city center. The drive itself will be less then 30 minutes, but if this is a weekday, roads might be busy due rush hour. I think it is doable. But.....if a ship docks at 7 it doesnot always mean you can disembark. If not all passengers have paid their bill, or customs need to clear the ship, disembarking might start later.