Wedding cake table

We're getting married on the Carnival Pride and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the wedding cake and the table. We plan to ask them to do some scroll work on the side. But I think I'd like a pop of color with some flowers. If I bring on gumpaste flowers or artificial flowers, who puts them onto the cake? Do the chefs do that or will I need one of my guests to do it?

ALSO, what does the cake table look like if I don't bring ANY decorations for the table?

For those who've brought flowers for decorations - where did you order them from?

I'd love to see some pics of cakes from previous brides!

THANKS!!

We're getting married on the Carnival Pride and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the wedding cake and the table. We plan to ask them to do some scroll work on the side. But I think I'd like a pop of color with some flowers. If I bring on gumpaste flowers or artificial flowers, who puts them onto the cake? Do the chefs do that or will I need one of my guests to do it?

ALSO, what does the cake table look like if I don't bring ANY decorations for the table?

For those who've brought flowers for decorations - where did you order them from?

I'd love to see some pics of cakes from previous brides!

THANKS!!

I've heard varying things about the cakes over the years. On some ships the coordinators/chefs will take care of cake decorations--on other it's up to the bride to designate a person to do it. We handed our coordinator our topper and ribbon and she took are of everything.

If you don't have table decorations, it is literally a white tablecloth with your cake and topper. If you have extra real flowers, they'll put petals on the table and I think that's where the champagne flutes usually go. (found on Google)

TwoTierWeddingCakeonboardweddings.jpg

We added touches of color using our cake topper, a piece of ivory/gold lace, and ribbon. Our photographer added the candy dishes from our candy bar to make it a bit more colorful--they weren't there all night.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I have heard of others bringing ribbon for the cake and gum paste flowers purchased from Etsy also their own toppers and the chefs have added them on for them.

One word of advice about flower petals, you have to designate someone willing to pick them all up at the end of the reception if you use them.

We're bringing our own cake topper. It's going to be very detailed, so I think that's all we're doing for the cake. We'll probably have some silk rose petals (in our wedding colors) sprinkled on the table and maybe have the Carnival-provided bouquet displayed as well.

Sometimes less is more.

Edited by VASOXFANN