Aqua Suite Cabin 2165 on Reflection

papaflamingo

We just booked Aqua Suite cabin 2165 on Reflection. It's the aft end of the portside hump and I booked it for 2 reasons, a) it doesn't have the overhang, and b) it seems to be in a quieter part of the pool deck. Having read some reviews, I am concerned about a couple of issues. Has anyone had a problem with noise from the elevator lobby? Is there a problem with flushing of toilets from the Ladies Room above? And last (and silliest) has anyone experienced an issue with smoke from the smoking side of the pool deck above? If so, would anyone recommend moving to another cabin farther forward on the starboard side?

Thanks.

We've been in an AS Suite on the other side of the ship. We never heard any elevator noise (same on both sides).

We did hear noise from chairs but we were first cabin fully on hump.

Can't help you with the smoking question or restroom, we were on Starboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We've sailed the Reflection before and are in that suite June 13th. Happy to let you know both about the noise level and smoking when we return. The smoking area is almost directly above but we aren't expecting any issues (since it is above). We normally prefer aft but the Aqua suite was an exceptional deal and we think we will enjoy the convenience of the location for this particular sailing. Many cabins were open in that range but we chose 2165 as we were more concerned about dinging elevators. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you Oliver. I will certainly look forward to your experience. Since we are sailing in Nov. it will give me an opportunity to switch if it's a problem. We picked 2165 because it seemed to be an area where the noise from the pool deck would be least. I also like proximity to the elevators, but have read about concerns about smoking. I will be surprised if it's an issue as it seems unlikely that smoke would drift down. I think that "elevator dinging" will be the least of my worries. I am a bit concerned about any noise from the bathroom above, like flushing. If you can let me know about those issues, I'd be most grateful. My wife is highly sensitive to smoke so that is my biggest concern.

Looking forward to your comments. Have a great cruise.

We picked our cabin the same way, furthest from the pool deck, I looked it up and we were in 2162. It is a great central location! I didn't have to run anywhere up, down or back when I forgot something in my cabin when I was at the pool.

I am a light sleeper :( and was worken most morning by the faint srapping of chairs. I never heard a toilet flush. In fact, I can't say I've ever heard a toiler flush from a cabin above, or next so I wouldn't worry about that. I also never heard the elevators.

My only concerns would be smoke and the chairs.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna. I do suspect that smoking won't really be an issue. It's just something someone mentioned and got me thinking. May wife is really allergic to smoke. But it looks like the pool deck is fairly enclosed anyway, so people would have to lean out the windows to smoke and likely it would blow up and away.

Thanks Jenna. I do suspect that smoking won't really be an issue. It's just something someone mentioned and got me thinking. May wife is really allergic to smoke. But it looks like the pool deck is fairly enclosed anyway, so people would have to lean out the windows to smoke and likely it would blow up and away.

I hate smoke too. I think you'll be ok, those windows above are usually shut, and if they are open, as long as the ship is moving, it should go right past you. You're only challenge may be if you are in port and they open the windows above :(

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I believe elevator lobby noise will be a non issue, as arent all cabins on S class behind walls between them and the elevator lobby, one side with door open, the other with an automatic door? I know it is this way where the royal and penthouse suites are, assume the other decks have the same set-up.

We just booked Aqua Suite cabin 2165 on Reflection. It's the aft end of the portside hump and I booked it for 2 reasons, a) it doesn't have the overhang, and b) it seems to be in a quieter part of the pool deck. Having read some reviews, I am concerned about a couple of issues. Has anyone had a problem with noise from the elevator lobby? Is there a problem with flushing of toilets from the Ladies Room above? And last (and silliest) has anyone experienced an issue with smoke from the smoking side of the pool deck above? If so, would anyone recommend moving to another cabin farther forward on the starboard side?

Thanks.

Take it for what it's worth. Strange, both seem to be written by the same person even though identified by different names. Found these two write ups in the S Class Cabin Spreadsheet. After reading this about Reflection cabin 2165 I think I would probably run from this room.

""A LOT of noise from up above, dies down in the evening. No glass doors from elevator bank, so you do hear a lot of "traffic" noise and elevators chiming. Also you could hear flushing of toilets from other staterooms. Overall though, nice, ample sized room and it was nice being so close to the elevators (despite the noise) and stairs. dmp223""

Here is another comment from the cabin 2167 next door to 2165.

""A LOT of noise from up above, starts in the early morning, dies down in the evening. Also you could hear flushing of toilets from other staterooms while on the calcony, there was a sewer pipe right in the middle of the balcony. Overall though, nice, ample sized room and it was nice being so close to the elevators and stairs, and 1 deck down from the oceanview cafe in the morning to get a quick breakfast for our balcony. thephillykid""

Take it for what it's worth. Strange, both seem to be written by the same person even though identified by different names. Found these two write ups in the S Class Cabin Spreadsheet. After reading this about Reflection cabin 2165 I think I would probably run from this room.

""A LOT of noise from up above, dies down in the evening. No glass doors from elevator bank, so you do hear a lot of "traffic" noise and elevators chiming. Also you could hear flushing of toilets from other staterooms. Overall though, nice, ample sized room and it was nice being so close to the elevators (despite the noise) and stairs. dmp223""

""A LOT of noise from up above, starts in the early morning, dies down in the evening. Also you could hear flushing of toilets from other staterooms while on the calcony, there was a sewer pipe right in the middle of the balcony. Overall though, nice, ample sized room and it was nice being so close to the elevators and stairs, and 1 deck down from the oceanview cafe in the morning to get a quick breakfast for our balcony. thephillykid""

I read those and thought the double entry was a little strange (as some posts on CC are...). As for the flushing, there was a ton of complaining about flushing noise in the first few months after Reflection launched and I was very concerned when I sailed her in early March 2013. We had 5 cabins and none of us heard a thing.... We sailed AFT in a S1 a few months later on Silhouette under the Ocean View - not bad at all. I'll report back but think its much ado....

Thanks all. I too read those posts. That's what got me concerned. I suspect I am totally overreacting to those comments. The only real "deal breaker" is smoke (I suppose constant "flushing" could be too). My wife is highly allergic to smoke and we have been unable to use balconies in the past due to smokers. But they've always been on lower decks. I really want the hump room, so I'd hate to move just for a rumor. Thanks again. The more experiences I hear, the better decision I can make.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all. I too read those posts. That's what got me concerned. I suspect I am totally overreacting to those comments. The only real "deal breaker" is smoke (I suppose constant "flushing" could be too). My wife is highly allergic to smoke and we have been unable to use balconies in the past due to smokers. But they've always been on lower decks. I really want the hump room, so I'd hate to move just for a rumor. Thanks again. The more experiences I hear, the better decision I can make.

Greetings from Rhodes. Cabin 2165 is perfect: no smoking on decks above port side allowed :). No noise, no scraping as this cabin is do far back. No flushing, no pipes - just perfect. Dining in MDR is no problem other than you must go at either of the fixed times, not select. More when we get home but other than no wake on the aft, better than an S1.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Greetings from Rhodes. Cabin 2165 is perfect: no smoking on decks above port side allowed :). No noise, no scraping as this cabin is do far back. No flushing, no pipes - just perfect. Dining in MDR is no problem other than you must go at either of the fixed times, not select. More when we get home but other than no wake on the aft, better than an S1.

Great to hear.

It certainly is bigger, with a more convienent location and more storage (not that it isn't sufficient in an S1).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi all, I am dmp223 and wrote the report on 2165. I DID NOT write the review on stateroom 2167 and it seems that the person who did write it, thephillykid, cut and pasted my review of 2165 for HIS/HER review of 2167.

I still stand by my review as this was what we experienced with this cabin location on the cruise I sailed on. I am sailing on Reflection again, in an Aqua Class Suite, I purposely booked our cabin in a different location due to the issues we had on our November 2013 cruise.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Thanks. What I wanted to hear. As for MDR, do you have to select a traditional seating prior to the cruise? Or do you go to Blu and let the Maitre D' know you want MDR on certain nights?

Hi all, I am dmp223 and wrote the report on 2165. I DID NOT write the review on stateroom 2167 and it seems that the person who did write it, thephillykid, cut and pasted my review of 2165 for HIS/HER review of 2167.

I still stand by my review as this was what we experienced with this cabin location on the cruise I sailed on. I am sailing on Reflection again, in an Aqua Class Suite, I purposely booked our cabin in a different location due to the issues we had on our November 2013 cruise.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

dmp223, it was your review that elicited my question. Just so you know, I appreciate your input. I have been looking at trying to change but I really want the hump. Would you go to a non-hump or stay in 2165?

dmp223, it was your review that elicited my question. Just so you know, I appreciate your input. I have been looking at trying to change but I really want the hump. Would you go to a non-hump or stay in 2165?

You're welcome! :)

For our upcoming cruise, I chose the Starboard side, still on the hump, just a few cabins down the line (of the hump).

I am a big fan of the location and its just one of those things, what one person experiences may not be what others do. It certainly didn't take anything away from the enjoyment of the cruise, just a slight nuisance, that is all.

I'll sum it up this way, if I were to book a cruise today and the only choice were between 2165 and a AQ Suite not on the hump, I would grab 2165.

HTH.. happy cruising!

Thanks. That's what I was hoping. As it turns out, all the AQ suites are now booked. So I guess it's 2165, flushing or not. :)

Again, thanks for all the input. This'll be my first Celebrity cruise after 19 Royal Caribbean, 4 Carnival, and 1 each NCL and Princess. Have been exclusively Royal Caribbean since 2007. I am really looking forward to Celebrity. I have always wanted to try them and this finally fits our schedule and price. But I must admit, I feel like such a "rookie." I can tell you almost anything you want about RCCL, a lot about Carnival, but sure am a "newbie" where Celebrity comes in. Can't wait to get on the ship. :)