Christmas on Queen Victoria

Josie8

I sailed on Queen Victoria last christmas and thought it was fabulous. If work allowed, I would book up for this christmas too but sadly I cannot.

I was a bit apprehensive beforehand as have never been away at christmas before and didn't know what to expect but I'm so glad I went.

I travelled with my family (mum, dad, sister & my 2 nieces aged 9 & 12) and everyone had so much fun.

The ship was beautifully decorated with lots of christmas trees all decorated differently and there was a lovely display of gingerbread houses made into a little village scene.

Father christmas made an appearance on christmas day in the Queens room and handed out presents to all the children and the presents were of a very good quality.

It appeared the biggest celebrations were saved for New Years eve where there was a huge party and everyone joined in but christmas day was wonderful too although it was very surreal swimming in the pool on christmas day in the sun (seeing as the UK was being hit hard with extremely bad weather) and seeing lots of dolphins swimming by the ship. At the evening dinner on christmas day and new years eve, there were party hats, crackers and party blowers for everyone.

The food was amazing at all times and on News Year eve after we saw in the new year we all went up to the buffet where there was an amazing display of food of which we thoroughly enjoyed eating a warm beef baguette (the beef was so tender). There was a huge display of desserts and the chefs had made beautiful landmarks out of food which was very artistic.

So I would definitely recommend it to anyone and cannot wait to go again. :)

Father christmas made an appearance on christmas day in the Queens room and handed out presents to all the children and the presents were of a very good quality.

I'm asking this only because I've simply always been curious and never thought to actually ask the children......which would have been the way to go. What kind of gifts do they give the children? I've also wondered how they manage to get them age related. :)

Santa & his elves were very well organised on our Christmas cruises - the staff from the children's club have the task of wrapping gifts and placing them in age related piles behind Santa's chair. They know the age and how many children will be onboard before sailing. The staff call out children's age groups, ie 5yrs, 6yrs, 7yrs etc, they then have photo opportunity if they wish. On one voyage (QM2 26 night Christmas/New Year), the younger boys had some huge remote control 4x4 jeeps, plenty of dolls, teddies & books for the girls, children over 10yrs had a digital watch in different colours which were popular.

Edited by maitai999

• 3 months later...

My husband and I are booked on the Queen Victoria for the Christmas cruise this year. We live near Toronto airport in Canada and were wondering if the cruise begins in Southhampton which is the best airport to fly in and out of and what are the best prices for hotels and for shuttles or train or coach. Any help or informations would be so very much appreciated... Thank you so much ! Crazy gracie

When we cruised out of Southampton (on Princess) we flew into Heathrow and contracted with Smiths for Airports for transportation to Southampton. There are many hotels in Southampton to choose from in a range of prices and amenities.

On the return trip we took a ship's shuttle to Victoria Coach Station in London and spent a few days sightseeing before flying home.

My husband and I are booked on the Queen Victoria for the Christmas cruise this year. We live near Toronto airport in Canada and were wondering if the cruise begins in Southhampton which is the best airport to fly in and out of and what are the best prices for hotels and for shuttles or train or coach. Any help or informations would be so very much appreciated... Thank you so much ! Crazy gracie

From Toronto Pearson you'd be best to fly direct to Heathrow on Air Canada or British Airway.

If you would to save a little money on airfare then I'd suggest you fly Air Transat into Gatwick.

You can get transfers from Gatwick and Heathrow I believe to Southampton.