Help Wait list for early seating. Need ideas

I need your help!! The ship I am going on has a wait list for early seating. We have two kids and a diabetic with us. If we can't get early we are going to cancel the cruise. I am platnium and don't know if this will help. I really don't want to cancel but the people I am with want a firm confirmation. Any ideas would be appreciated!!

HELP

What I was told verbatim by RCCL rep in same situation a few months ago: "If you can get a practitioner to write a note for a reason, listen carefully, ANY reason, that you need to eat earlier, it will be no problem to change it."

We were moved to the early seating without having to get a note, well before our cruise date, but had obtained one just in case. Can't imagine that it would be a problem with a diabetic in your group.

If we can't get early we are going to cancel the cruise.

HELP

Is the Windjammer closed for early seating? I cannot imagine a diabetic not being able to get food on a ship. Heck even room service is even 24 hours a day.

When is your cruise? I noticed when I booked my cruise for this summer, the RC was only offering late seating. I booked the cruise 10 months before the cruise date and I couldn't believe that early seating was already full. Well, a couple of months ago, I called RC and they said I was already put into early seating. They will tell you that early seating is full, but I found it very hard to believe that 10 months out, with the ship not even being half full, that early seating is no longer available.

If the cruise is coming up soon, I would follow the other poster's suggestions.

Have you been on a cruise before? If you have then you should know that you can get food 24 hours a day. There's room service, windjammer, Johnny Rockets, just to name a few.

What about the other people that are ahead of you on the waitlist? Do you expect RCCL to put you ahead of all those people? Or should RCCL knock someone off of early dining and give you there table?

Maybe you should cancel and schedule another cruise further in advance so you will know for sure you will get early dining.

I have been on plenty of cruises before and I am not picky on the time. Its the rest of my party. I really wanted to go on this ship. Thanks for all the nice suggestions.

P.S. If you don't have something positive to say don't respond. I was just asking for some ideas and not to cheat people out of their spots at dinner.

Archived